2019 5th Generation Subaru Forester (SK)

richard_crl032

Hi Richard, Hybrid 2.0l is an official launch in China only but not in TW or SG. Not sure why China could have it launched so early. So sad to hear the price of 112k in SG as was prepared to book if the price is around 105k.

Hi everbb,

China is not under MI .. too big a market for Subaru Japan not handle directly.

Hence nothing to do with launch of SK FNA on Taiwan, Philippines or Singapore.

Sorry to hear and indeed still vfm for a 4wd at even 112k except this no solar film issue .. what other alternatives are there as I found none before booking the mazda 6 since 2 forester in the family dun make sense.

Cheers.

Richard

↡ Advertisement

Hi record,

Sorry for not being clear .. MI will install solar film for all windows except front windscreen.

Fuji Industries aka Subaru Japan warned of interference of eyesight functioning properly on any added films on windscreen and hence MI will not install solar film on windscreen.

Perhaps ok for the 70% market of usa with 3 or less mths of summer but I bet tropical countries like Singapore with nice hot sunny days for 365 days a year will not appreciates.

MI should push Subaru Japan to fix this or take up the risk with insurers to install but instead leave it to buyers to do so .. I found out cos booking preferred Impreza 10 weeks ago after 3rd test drive but SE nice enuff to informed me and I booked the mazda 6 about 8 weeks back without such limitation since MI refuses to do so.

Hope this clarifies and cheers.

Richard

PS: heard some SEs din even informed buyers on this lack of solar filmnon windscreen which is standard affair in Singapore that leave owners wondering why the heat and no choice but to take up risk with insurers to fix at 3rd party shops

Wow, this is new.

The eyesight for Subaru is a separate long piece of camera placed just inside of the windscreen, and is not in contact with the windscreen. So this allows solar film to be pasted onto the windscreen and the view of the camera will 'have to go through the windscreen with film.

For a few other brands that I saw, like Honda sensing, Toyota c-sense, Mitsubishi's FCM, and some of the conti models, the camera/sensor structure is in contact and the windscreen, on the inside, so solar film cannot go between the windscreen and the camera.

So there's pro and con between these 2 designs. Subaru's non-contact design now creates proble of cannot install solar film.

But for the others that are in-contact, while there's no issue with solar film, I wonder if the windscreen should crack or break and needs replacement, would it be easy/straightforward/cheap to replace the windscreen only, or all the camera/sensor will needs replacing too. [sweatdrop]

Don't understand why so inflexible.

Cannot cut out the part?

Hi Dach

Guess because Subaru Japan warns against it and MI does not want to take liability but leave it to owners to bear the risk which I hope will not be the case for long ...

Cheers.

Richard

Wow, this is new.

The eyesight for Subaru is a separate long piece of camera placed just inside of the windscreen, and is not in contact with the windscreen. So this allows solar film to be pasted onto the windscreen and the view of the camera will 'have to go through the windscreen with film.

For a few other brands that I saw, like Honda sensing, Toyota c-sense, Mitsubishi's FCM, and some of the conti models, the camera/sensor structure is in contact and the windscreen, on the inside, so solar film cannot go between the windscreen and the camera.

So there's pro and con between these 2 designs. Subaru's non-contact design now creates proble of cannot install solar film.

But for the others that are in-contact, while there's no issue with solar film, I wonder if the windscreen should crack or break and needs replacement, would it be easy/straightforward/cheap to replace the windscreen only, or all the camera/sensor will needs replacing too. [sweatdrop]

Hi Al,

I also din know until test drove 3rd time and was booking the impreza 5D with eyesight ... MI will not relent to install the solar film on windscreen for my purchase and I gave up to book the mazda 6 exec instead at another 14k more :(

Not sure about window replacement without messing up the those stick-on camera/sensor but should be doable like the stick on holder base of rear view mirror without replacing the base but not having solar film on windscreen or having to take the risk when MI with all their legal resources does not is no go for me.

Cheers.

Richard

Don't understand why so inflexible.

Cannot cut out the part?

Not easy to cut out, as i think the camera should be wide-angled, so the affected area could be quite big...

Price is out!

I-L ES $111,800

I-S ES $118,800

Only 2.0L and ... no apple CarPlay ð¤¦ââï¸

2019 Forester FNA attracted ves 10k. This explained the price difference.
  • Praise 1

Was informed by SE that 2019 Forester is in neutral band. no extra VES

Pricing was also affirmed to be 112k for lower spec and 118k for higher spec.

The differences are Sunroof, auto tailgate and reverse tilt mirror. Both come with eyesight.

Taiwan non eyesight model are not going to be imported in for SG market.

My OC did not approve of marked up.

$95k FNA vs $118k 2019

2019 Forester FNA attracted ves 10k. This explained the price difference.

SE also contacted me today.

All-New Forester 2.0i-L - $111,800

All-New Forester 2.0i-S - $118,800

Based on Guaranteed COE.

I am assuming 2K off for non guaranteed COE.

and 3K off for trade in

Not easy to cut out, as i think the camera should be wide-angled, so the affected area could be quite big...

Hi Atrecord,

Point is not cut out or not and cut how much ... it is why MI does not do it if no risk and leave it to buyers with eyesights to do it at their risk which is not a minor issue with insurers as I had found out ... very painfully but that is another story with guiness stout on the tap :(

They have plenty of legal experts on their payroll and owners dun have.

Cheers.

Richard

SE also contacted me today.

All-New Forester 2.0i-L - $111,800

All-New Forester 2.0i-S - $118,800

Based on Guaranteed COE.

I am assuming 2K off for non guaranteed COE.

and 3K off for trade in

At this price, best is to hold and wait for the price to come down after New Model Hype 

or buy current FNA and save 23K which is substantial savings

At 118K people may start looking at alternative brands which have less insurance, a better brand image for resale value and less road tax (1.4T, 1.5T, 1.6T)

I wanted to go for forester 2019 but now i would like to hold for the price drop after hype or compare with other brands with similar pricing. SGD 23K difference is too sharp to handle for cosmetic improvements haha 

Was informed by SE that 2019 Forester is in neutral band. no extra VES

Pricing was also affirmed to be 112k for lower spec and 118k for higher spec.

The differences are Sunroof, auto tailgate and reverse tilt mirror. Both come with eyesight.

Taiwan non eyesight model are not going to be imported in for SG market.

My OC did not approve of marked up.

$95k FNA vs $118k 2019

Hi Mo,

FNA SJ5 now went back to 95k ? Was 91k before FNA SK launch ...

Cheers.

Richard

At this price, best is to hold and wait for the price to come down after New Model Hype

At 118K people may start looking at alternative brands which have less insurance, a better brand image for resale value and less road tax (1.4T, 1.5T, 1.6T)

I wanted to go for forester 2019 but now i would like to hold for the price drop after hype or compare with other brands with similar pricing. SGD 23K difference is too sharp to handle for cosmetic improvements haha

Hi Mann,

Unfortunately very little alternative for good sized SUV especially AWD and OMV should be higher now with eyesight at 112k as I found out 2 mths back and even now with all the lelong by AD.

Cheers.

Richard

Hi Mo,

Cheers.

Richard

95K is list price 

selling price is SGD 89,800.00 including all discounts 

He is comparing list price to list price 

• Praise 1

Hi Mo,

Cheers.

Richard

Hi Mann,

Unfortunately very little alternative for good sized SUV especially AWD and OMV should be higher now with eyesight at 112k as I found out 2 mths back and even now with all the lelong by AD.

Cheers.

Richard

Did ask about the OMV. The estimate is 16K, which I think is not high.

• Praise 3

I wanted to go for forester 2019 but now i would like to hold for the price drop after hype or compare with other brands with similar pricing. SGD 23K difference is too sharp to handle for cosmetic improvements haha

Hi Mann,

And no solar film albiet got eyeight and many other features which are quite nice.

Cheers.

Richard

• Praise 1

Did ask about the OMV. The estimate is 16K, which I think is not high.

If OMV is 16K then there is enough room for price drop :)

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2