NDP Rally - did it hit the right note?

therock

Then have to vote them out soon.

Cannot pay for this kind of greed forever.

not up to me........i have done my oart of the equation....
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

just like there is cooling measures to properties, there should also be cooling measures to other costs

eg coffee price, transport fare, electricity/water fees, medical bills, petrol cost, etc etc

Hypersonic

It’s a talk show to convince you why things are expensive. Prices will increase more so you better bite the bullet now.

• Praise 2

"we are a country with no natural resource"

"No one owe us a living"

"It's a bullet we have to bite to progress"

You are ministar calibre.... Only need to prove at least 500k income!
  • Praise 1

you all so bad la ...

in last NDR we were told $1000 income per month can buy hdb liao

tonight i am waiting $500 also can buy ... huat ah!

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 1

Costs of living would not be so high if not for his policy of 2% GST, million dollars salaries and excessive and wasteful spending on un-necessaries for the past 14 years.

Inflation could not be avoided but 2% GST increase and overpaying themselves can be avoided which can slow down the pace of the costs of living for the past decade.

So much talk about the same issues that has been happening for the past decades but nothing much has been done on the costs of living. It just keep increasing and increasing, and they are still talking about another 2% GST increase in the coming years.

Actually the politicians' pay of 80m is still peanuts compared to the now bloated civil service and indiscriminate spendings by the government departments or ministries.

Instead of see how to be more efficient and manage expenditure, they have been taking the easier way out to squeeze more and more from us. Even water essential to life also want to squeeze, to be followed by air (aka carbon tax) soon.

I hope the last straw breaking the camel's back will happen soon.

• Praise 2

you all so bad la ...

last time said $1000 can buy hdb liao

correct lei....last time in the 70s and 80s,$1000 salary can buy 4-5 room......last time oso must put time and date. Dont confuse people lei....

you all so bad la ...

in last NDR we were told $1000 income per month can buy hdb liao

So long as it is not mrt speak can liao... Kekeke

Just in, got this from pm, hours before NDR. Let u all huat.

Good day my friend,

I am Stephen Shute we are into investing in profitable business all over the world. I saw your profile here and i would like to invest in your country.

I have sum of $5,000,000.00 Million Dollars that i want you to help me invest in your country in commercial properties and any  lucrative businesses that you think is profitable for both parties. so i want to know if you will be able to help me invest the funds in your country on my behalf and after the investment do understand that you will also have 35% of the funds. so if you agree working with me then i will send a delivery agent who will bring the funds in cash to you but before the delivery agent will come over to you my representative will be coming to meet you in person so that we can know whom we are dealing with.

Kindly get back to me via my private email.

Regards
Stephen Shute 

Just in, got this from pm, hours before NDR. Let u all huat.

Good day my friend,

I am Stephen Shute we are into investing in profitable business all over the world. I saw your profile here and i would like to invest in your country.

I have sum of $5,000,000.00 Million Dollars that i want you to help me invest in your country in commercial properties and any lucrative businesses that you think is profitable for both parties. so i want to know if you will be able to help me invest the funds in your country on my behalf and after the investment do understand that you will also have 35% of the funds. so if you agree working with me then i will send a delivery agent who will bring the funds in cash to you but before the delivery agent will come over to you my representative will be coming to meet you in person so that we can know whom we are dealing with.

Kindly get back to me via my private email.

[email protected]

Regards

Stephen Shute

wah....good deal! Must tell the fella to deposit $1 million into your account 1st....

The FT taking jobs issue gau tim already?

No jobs these 4 topics are useless.

But isn't this only 1 broad topic.. Costs of living. What about the rest?

while on that note 

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/police-probe-facebook-graphic-of-flag-being-ripped-apart

How does it feel to have a DBS employee who is gainfully employed talking bad about our country and what it means to be here in Singapore.

I can never imagine while we pledge ourselves as One united people. Regarless of race language or religion.

The people who we come to work together and trust with our harmonise relationship dont echo the same sentiment.

We probebaly need to look within ourselves as well as review how the people we work along side view us. Are we view with contempt? Or is this just a over blown situation as a result of the social media.

I am sure many would say its a one off situation and probably this is nothing but an immature expression with the absence of malice.

But we all know that the next generation of the people who are PR and finally citizens, will be our pride and joy and we rely on them to protect our nation when they serve the army.

If the next generation only think of motherland of their parents and their grandparents, we have a much bigger social cohesion problem to take care of.

I am just trying to see if a relook at how we integrate with the people and whether in any way should we, singaporean adjust to make the people who come to singapore more welcome and feel a sense of duty to this country and make it their home too, when they have a PR and eventually a citizenship.

Unless there is a dual citizenship status, than it all makes sense how they behave because if it really Hotel Singapore.

They come, they play, they pay a price, they leave. Nothing more, nothing less.

But, since this is a car forum, there seems to be a huge conflict of interest. 

You drive toyota. But sell Honda, and speak crap about the car after you sell to the buyer?

Isnt there some kind of moral hazard that is in there ?

anyway, the HWZ folks are having a field day over there.

https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/eat-drink-man-woman-16/police-probe-facebook-graphic-flag-being-ripped-apart-5886085-5.html

I hope its not going into a sedition act for the Indian guy. Probably its good that he voices his behavior and serve as a wake-up call to us on what is in their inner voice.

Will bet somebody will broached on 'its a bullet that we must bite'........then say its a necessary evil so that the country will survive and can move forward. Thats the gist of everything here.......nothing to see or hear......move on.

There are bigger under current if we want to hit the 6.9m mark if we dont sort out the integration piece.

It may tear our social fabric apart and I dont mean the flag

The police are investigating a Facebook post showing a black T-shirt with a graphic of the Singapore flag being ripped apart by a pair of hands to reveal the Indian flag underneath.

The image, which is believed to have first surfaced on Aug 14, one day ahead of India's Independence Day, was widely shared online when it was posted onto the Singapore Indians and Expats page on Facebook by Singapore permanent resident Avijit Das Patnaik. The page has over 11,000 members.

Edited by Sdf4786k
  • Praise 1

$500k/pa is mediocre

$10k/pm is the new poor?

looking forward to Mr Oh to share his experience in NDR ... lol

post-7984-0-94754200-1534661759_thumb.png

Edited by Wt_know

while on that note

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/police-probe-facebook-graphic-of-flag-being-ripped-apart

There are bigger under current if we want to hit the 6.9m mark if we dont sort out the integration piece.

It may tear our social fabric apart and I dont mean the flag

The police are investigating a Facebook post showing a black T-shirt with a graphic of the Singapore flag being ripped apart by a pair of hands to reveal the Indian flag underneath.

The image, which is believed to have first surfaced on Aug 14, one day ahead of India's Independence Day, was widely shared online when it was posted onto the Singapore Indians and Expats page on Facebook by Singapore permanent resident Avijit Das Patnaik. The page has over 11,000 members.

the guy is an idiot. He claimed that he got it from someone else social media and since there were no protest or warning he went ahead to share the video. I think he watched to much '3 Idiots'....and decided to become one.....

the guy is an idiot. He claimed that he got it from someone else social media and since there were no protest or warning he went ahead to share the video. I think he watched to much '3 Idiots'....and decided to become one.....

Edited by Sdf4786k

if you dont pee in the pond you drink well water from, you should not go around speaking ill of what is deem unacceptable behaviour

Thats my point of view, which may deviate from the rest of the people who deem it as an innocent post that spiral out of control.

Rather than, "....well , thats the elephant in the room. I say it. Now lets get on with it.."

Is this the same guy ?

30657018_10215953479978216_6772077104008

He is going to be the most search name hence forth

HR in DBS is rather stringent. So I imagine if he is pretty senior in the organisation, he probably be relocated back to india and when it all blows over, come back to DBS as an expat in SG . No love lost really.

he peed in the well while he was renting the house and now needs a drink! Ownself pawned ownself.........it was never an innocent post which borders on malicious and he deserves what is coming. DBS is Singapore's bank and he just took a dump in his own backyard......its okay if he was in India but here its strictly a no-no and he should know better being in a senior position. He owes that much respect to a country that feeds him and should he feels he wants to be patriotic to his country of birth.....we should just advice him to find his way back there. Have seen too many of this kind of disrespectful in-breds no matter which country they come from.

Not sure if its the picture of the culprit but i wont be surprised if his identity is dug out and exposed.

Edited by Eviilusion
↡ Advertisement