NDP Rally - did it hit the right note?

therock

Monday learning classes.....

Actually i really feel sorry for the average Singaporeans, they dont even have pride or self dignity to defend themselves

if earning less than $500K is mediocre

then what about the average citizens (which is a sizeable proportion of the population) who earn take home slightly more than $2k

then what do GCT wants to classify this large group of citizens

rubbish? not even fit for the dirtiest rubbish bin in Singapore

it is very insulting

in other countries, their citizen will make GCT publicly apologize

for me when LKY insults us, its different, like it or not, whether we would have had another course of history for Singapore, he and his team brought us what we have today, we do give him a allowance, BUT what about GCT just a seat warmer, he started open door policy and increase minister salary

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

Actually i really feel sorry for the average Singaporeans, they dont even have pride or self dignity to defend themselves

REPLY: they are just busy with putting a meal on the table and just want to work hard and dont even have time for politics... they are quite comfortable with some petty handouts from govt from time to time

and for the very rich ....... oh well they just can be bothered

REPLY;they the ruling party have cast this in stone...... no way can change it now; well heeled  prospective newbies usually doctors/laywers/professionals and Generals will say why go into all this, no personal privacy and also a closet full of skeletons.... so much STOMPING too here and it goes all the way to the family too.... as we all feel that we are the best citizens entitlement ... then why so much road rage, internet bullying, even shools too ??        

then what about the average citizens (which is a sizeable proportion of the population) who earn take home slightly more than $2k

it is very insulting

REPLY :yes he has to be retired , I agree... he can sit in honourary chairmanships position 

for me when LKY insults us, its different, like it or not, whether we would have had another course of history for Singapore, he and his team brought us what we have today, we do give him a allowance, BUT what about GCT just a seat warmer, he started open door policy and increase minister salary

REPLY; Why do you say LKY insults us is different???; People back then were busy just putting meals on table ; LKY was a mastermind; He played the elimination game well of course .... there was no social media ....the country runs well oiled after that.... same thing in China with Mao and in Russia with Lenin/Stalin... all have so much blood in their hands    

REPLY: they are just busy with putting a meal on the table and just want to work hard and dont even have time for politics... they are quite comfortable with some petty handouts from govt from time to time

and for the very rich ....... oh well they just can be bothered

REPLY;they the ruling party have cast this in stone...... no way can change it now; well heeled prospective newbies usually doctors/laywers/professionals and Generals will say why go into all this, no personal privacy and also a closet full of skeletons.... so much STOMPING too here and it goes all the way to the family too.... as we all feel that we are the best citizens entitlement ... then why so much road rage, internet bullying, even shools too ??

it is very insulting

REPLY :yes he has to be retired , I agree... he can sit in honourary chairmanships position

REPLY; Why do you say LKY insults us is different???; People back then were busy just putting meals on table ; LKY was a mastermind; He played the elimination game well of course .... there was no social media ....the country runs well oiled after that.... same thing in China with Mao and in Russia with Lenin/Stalin... all have so much blood in their hands

what does an Emeritus Minister do huh? Pay so much and do what? Pension benefits somemore! They should just follow as any other civil servant.....millions of dollars per year for doing nothing......kan curse die early then they know!

alamak Abang ... i oso agree..... he should be done away with... GCT should just say I want to graciously resign and retire from politics but can work on volunteer basis (no pay $$) ..... thats what you call gracefully retiring.... you give back to Society now.... he can be inspirational speaker or what not ...or just devote his time to some old folks home and see smile in the unfortunate ..... Pay Back Time!! already 77 somemore want to gather more $$... now thats LUSTING

I know my school retiree teachers ... one of them goes everyday to Pasir Ris some dog shelter  ... take bus all the way from Bedok and devotes to the cause.... 4-5 hours to get tired and can have peaceful sleep .. he is in his late 70's  

what does an Emeritus Minister do huh? Pay so much and do what? Pension benefits somemore! They should just follow as any other civil servant.....millions of dollars per year for doing nothing......kan curse die early then they know!

Edited by BanCoe
  • Praise 1

alamak Abang ... i oso agree..... he should be done away with... GCT should just say I want to graciously resign and retire from politics but can work on volunteer basis (no pay $$) ..... thats what you call gracefully retiring.... you give back to Society now.... he can be inspirational speaker or what not ...or just devote his time to some old folks home and see smile in the unfortunate ..... Pay Back Time!! already 77 somemore want to gather more $$... now thats LUSTING

I know my school retiree teachers ... one of them goes everyday to Pasir Ris some dog shelter  ... take bus all the way from Bedok and devotes to the cause.... 4-5 hours to get tired and can have peaceful sleep .. he is in his late 70's  

Last time got one general also volunteer to serve / work in SMRT, end up need to pay him ! 

Although peasant like me cannot see / find the reason to justify the salary level . 

It's their master's definition of "volunteer" 

Just like how their masters come up with whole new understanding of what these terms meant:

- ponding

- peanuts

- once in 50yrs

- value for money

- mediocre

- 99yrs lease /rental

Last time got one general also volunteer to serve / work in SMRT, end up need to pay him ! 

Although peasant like me cannot see / find the reason to justify the salary level . 

• Praise 1

It's their master's definition of "volunteer"

Just like how their masters come up with whole new understanding of what these terms meant:

- ponding

- peanuts

- once in 50yrs

- value for money

- mediocre

- 99yrs lease /rental

They can create their own

Urban diktionary hor @sp4wn

I know my school retiree teachers ... one of them goes everyday to Pasir Ris some dog shelter ... take bus all the way from Bedok and devotes to the cause.... 4-5 hours to get tired and can have peaceful sleep .. he is in his late 70's

greed knows no limit bro. Older teachers are under pensionable scheme.....roughly around $600 000. Now no more and still need to pay for parking in schools....

When i spoke to my teacher about 3 months back he said that he was given 2 options; one was a lump sum and the other one was a monthly pay out... He took the one lump sum as he tought skali if he does not live long then how ni?? Now this was about 15 or so years back when he retired at before 60/62.... He said he did tuition for a while and after that he just did not want to work and just devote his life to taking care of the  lesser beings in life (dog shelter)...... now again thats what I mean Pay Back to Society...... dont know if the MIW got such a graceful aging "thought" process, yes GCT can still be a poster boy for PAP as just honourary job (without pay) but he must himself say... I do it for the long term committment to the Party perpetuity.... now thats what I call respect      

greed knows no limit bro. Older teachers are under pensionable scheme.....roughly around $600 000. Now no more and still need to pay for parking in schools....

Turbocharged

govt related must be URA based ma :D

busy lah, now got 6 mth old baby. life is not the same!! :D

wah......very soon your baby will learn the gift of walking.........you still driving godzilla or change to others?

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/dbs-man-posted-image-facebook-torn-singapore-flag-indian-10660526

wah,, I thot just counseling? Its a waste, Should have just transferred him to the DBS india office

Wonder when the police will take action.

SINGAPORE: A man who posted an image of a torn Singapore flag on Facebook is no longer an employee of DBS Bank, the bank said on Tuesday (Aug 28).

Mr Avijit Das Patnaik had posted the picture on the Singapore Indians & Expats Facebook page on the eve of India’s Independence Day two weeks ago. The group has 11,000 members.

The post - which showed a picture of a T-shirt with a Singapore flag on it being ripped apart by a pair of hands to reveal an Indian flag underneath - was accompanied with the caption “Phir Bhi Dil Hai …” which roughly translates to “Still my heart is …” in Hindi.

The post went viral with many netizens commenting that it was offensive and insulting to Singapore. The post has since been taken down.

DBS said in a comment to complaints on its Facebook page on Aug 19 that Mr Patnaik had posted the image because he "wanted to show that even as he’s in Singapore, he remains Indian at heart".

"Upon realising the graphic was offensive, he took it down immediately," DBS said, adding that it had counselled Mr Patnaik.

Recently, one of our employees Avijit Das Patnaik was counselled in connection with a post showing a T-shirt, with a picture of a Singapore flag being torn, revealing an Indian flag underneath.

DBS strongly disapproves of such actions by our employees. At the same time, it is fair and right that all employees are given the benefit of due process.

Since the incident, a disciplinary committee has been convened and as of 24 August, he is no longer with the bank.

Edited by Sdf4786k

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/dbs-man-posted-image-facebook-torn-singapore-flag-indian-10660526

wah,, I thot just counseling? Its a waste, Should have just transferred him to the DBS india office

Wonder when the police will take action.

SINGAPORE: A man who posted an image of a torn Singapore flag on Facebook is no longer an employee of DBS Bank, the bank said on Tuesday (Aug 28).

Mr Avijit Das Patnaik had posted the picture on the Singapore Indians & Expats Facebook page on the eve of India’s Independence Day two weeks ago. The group has 11,000 members.

The post - which showed a picture of a T-shirt with a Singapore flag on it being ripped apart by a pair of hands to reveal an Indian flag underneath - was accompanied with the caption “Phir Bhi Dil Hai …” which roughly translates to “Still my heart is …” in Hindi.

The post went viral with many netizens commenting that it was offensive and insulting to Singapore. The post has since been taken down.

DBS said in a comment to complaints on its Facebook page on Aug 19 that Mr Patnaik had posted the image because he "wanted to show that even as he’s in Singapore, he remains Indian at heart".

"Upon realising the graphic was offensive, he took it down immediately," DBS said, adding that it had counselled Mr Patnaik.

Recently, one of our employees Avijit Das Patnaik was counselled in connection with a post showing a T-shirt, with a picture of a Singapore flag being torn, revealing an Indian flag underneath.

DBS strongly disapproves of such actions by our employees. At the same time, it is fair and right that all employees are given the benefit of due process.

Since the incident, a disciplinary committee has been convened and as of 24 August, he is no longer with the bank.

got chance he the idiot that bought ponggol 5 room for $750 000?

got chance he the idiot that bought ponggol 5 room for $750 000? ð¤£ð¤£ð¤£ð¤£

$750k for a HDB in a non mature estate! What a nincompoop!
  • Praise 5

$750k for a HDB in a non mature estate! What a nincompoop!

actually i oso dont believed sekali i go google.......real story. Reports say the 5 room not like normal 5 room....got extras!

www.straitstimes.com/singapore/5-room-punggol-flat-sold-

Edited by Eviilusion
↡ Advertisement