2019 Hyundai Avante (Elantra Facelift)

singcheng

Avante 2019 has a new engine but may not come make it to SIN; just like Cerato; using old engine to avoid issues/penalty with VES.

Those 1.2T /1.4T are economic and powerful engine, good for buyers but killed by LTA, Cat B, who saw these engines coming.

I won't say that all those small petrol turbos are good... many of the Continental brands in a bid to push power output to drive a larger car and quell the intense heat produced by the turbo, spray fuel to cool the engine resulting in higher than declared fuel consumption and very poor emission levels. There are many attendant issues with those engines... I read an article on Autocar that the most reasonable small petrol turbo engine capacity which is both powerful enough and saves fuel plus gives good emission is the 1.6 turbo... anything smaller is a waste of time. That's also why some of these engines which used to power larger cars have slowly disappeared... they fail the new inspection regimes in Europe and US miserably...
↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Seriously telescopic steering column is not standard in our local grab car spec Elantra?!

And why is dual zone climate control so special in the elantra that one must pay $80k for the elite model just to enjoy some comfort features that are deemed standard in all new cars these days? Electronic climate control has been ard for over 25 yrs. Mech ones even older...

Seriously at $88k for the elite model that still doesn't come with the proper 201hp 1.6 gdi turbo and 7sp DCT, there are much bettet choices out there. Essential safety items eg auto braking, blind spot detection, lane departure warning, radar adaptive cruise control as seen in the Ioniq continue to be absent...

It cannot even compare with the Cerato SX on spec sheet alone.

Hey Cheefarn, do you know of any other car models that have the adaptive cruise control/lane keep assist available right now? I try to find but quite hard to search the Singapore info, can only find the US info.

Hey Cheefarn, do you know of any other car models that have the adaptive cruise control/lane keep assist available right now? I try to find but quite hard to search the Singapore info, can only find the US info.

I know the Seat Arona and Ateca have adaptive cruise control and lane keep assist for the higher trim.

Any cars with Honda Sensing (e.g. PI Vezel), Subaru cars with i-Sight.

Neutral Newbie

Thanks @ceecookie and @terbgill for the info, where do you search this info? I’m looking for sedan models so it will be good to know where to look.

Thanks @ceecookie and @terbgill for the info, where do you search this info? Iâm looking for sedan models so it will be good to know where to look.

I got it when I was at the Seat AD during the MCF event.

Suggest you shortlist brands first, then spend a day at the respective showrooms. Hard to find specific info online since some car models have multiple trims or optional add on available

Lovely set of features, where everything is mentioned except the heart...

Same or weaker engine ..

Specifications for the new face lifted elantra (avante)

Facelift Hyundai Avante 1.6 *Auto* -
5* Safety Ncap
- 6 Airbags for All variants
- Audio Steering Control
- Factory Fitted Sport Rims 15”
- Factory Fitted 7” Apple Car Play Head Unit
- Front And Rear Recording Camera
- Reverse Sensors
- Reverse Camera
- Rear Aircon Ventilation
- Bluetooth Handsfree Feature
- Drive Mode Select
- Locally Fitted Leather
- Tyre Pressure Monitoring Sensor

Auto Model :
- No day Running light, No additional USB in console,

*S Model* :
- auto dim rear view mirror
- tyre pressure monitor with individual tyre pressure display,
- USB charging point, tweeter Upgrade,
- Original Size 16” Spare Tyre Sport Rim,
- Keyless Entry,
- Push Start Engine Button,
- Smart Trunk
- Wireless Charging
- LED Tail lights
- LED Day Running Lights
- Cruise Control
- Sliding Console
- Leather Steering and Leather Head Knob
- Telescopic Steering Wheel
- Chrome Radiator Grille

*Elite model* : All S model features with additional
- Dual Zone Climatic Control Aircon with Ionizer,
- Rain Sensor,
- Driver Electric Seat
- Memory Seats
- Ventilated seat
- Blind spot Information
- Factory Fitted Leather Seats
- Full LED Day headlights

Quite a few on the market, and they are all ard the same price range if not abit more

From AD, most new Subaru have the EyeSight suite now, XV 2L, Impreza 2L, Outlack etc. Granted they are all 2L cars, but their selling price is ard 88-100k also... So Komoco.... you !@#$%^&*

Most Peugeot, Renault Megane, Scenic, Seat, Skoda have them. 

For PI, you can have the full suite in Freed Hybrid, the rare Shuttle X model, Sienta high spec, CHR S and G grade, Vezel etc. Just look out for Honda Sensing, and Toyota Safety Sense suite in the cars spec sheets. All of these cars can be had for below 100k these days, wh significantly higher OMV as well. 

Avante 2019 has a new engine but may not come make it to SIN; just like Cerato; using old engine to avoid issues/penalty with VES.

Those 1.2T /1.4T are economic and powerful engine, good for buyers but killed by LTA, Cat B, who saw these engines coming. 

Only in SG where higher tech engines attracted higher taxes. So all the engineering know how applied to the engines actually pollute the air more?! Or are we just being brainwashed by LTA scholars whose main objective is to collect more revenue from us by imposing on standards that are impossible to achieve in real life?

• Praise 1

Oh I forgot to mention, the Ioniq high spec model has the full suite also. 

The Ioniq is what our local Elantra should be that wasn't. 

Of course lar... Ioniq is placed as a higher end module compared to the Elantra in Singapore...

We all know the hard truth.. If Elantra is spec like the ioniq, it won't sell as well anymore..

Higher specs = higher omv = poor sales for korean b&b models

Edited by Huuray
  • Praise 1

Elantra in Singapore can only survive with low OMV.  Low OMV= Not so good quality. Where got low OMV= high quality one? You get what you pay for. Looking at it from the perspective, i believe the aftersales support from Komoco is more important than anything else.

Cannot compare with other countries as ours have a unique tax structure for cars.

We all know the hard truth.. If Elantra is spec like the ioniq, it won't sell as well anymore..

Not really ....look at Kia historically since their Forte's, they have been bringing in hi specs models.....they have been doing alright.

On the other hand ...I think the Japanese need to wake up their ideas. Now still got people with the mentality that Koreans are inferior to the Japs, and Japs are inferior to contis.....that's y with this kind of narrow minded people, they still command that kind of pricing.

Elantra in Singapore can only survive with low OMV. Low OMV= Not so good quality. Where got low OMV= high quality one? You get what you pay for. Looking at it from the perspective, i believe the aftersales support from Komoco is more important than anything else.

Cannot compare with other countries as ours have a unique tax structure for cars.

Just curious....what do you drive? And reason for your choice
  • Praise 1

Not really ....look at Kia historically since their Forte's, they have been bringing in hi specs models.....they have been doing alright.

On the other hand ...I think the Japanese need to wake up their ideas. Now still got people with the mentality that Koreans are inferior to the Japs, and Japs are inferior to contis.....that's y with this kind of narrow minded people, they still command that kind of pricing.

I know you cannot take it when I say negative stuff about elantra. If you really only wanna hear the good things, then put me in your ignore list rather than anonymous give me 5 dislike points

I know you cannot take it when I say negative stuff about elantra. If you really only wanna hear the good things, then put me in your ignore list rather than anonymous give me 5 dislike points

I have been thru all the consideration before making my choice, that's y I cannot agree with u. In fact my first choice was a Honda, since I'm so used to Hondas. Past 3 cars are Honda, and before that a VW, so I tried all. (And I hated the Avante's drive) I only don't like Toyota's, other than that I am quite neutral.

By the way, this is an Elantra thread, nothing wrong with supporting my choice.

Dislike points can change into buffet vouchers? If like that I also want.

I have never given anyone any likes or dislikes before ..but if you want, u tell me how many likes or dislikes u want...I can give u. Anyway free one

• Praise 1

The specs sheet for Kia and Hyundai not very different lar... quality same same...

Have u guys checked out the Skoda road show at Northpoint City this week? 

The Octavia and even the new Terok...I mean Karoq... I really cannot imagine if anyone would associate Skoda as a 'superior' brand over Korean and Japs makes.  [crazy]

The Octavia looked downright cheap. Fit n Finish is not that good, around Vios standard if u ask me. The rear bench is as flat as a garden bench. No lateral support of any kind. Lots of cheap hard plastic ard the cabin. Miserable equipment list Yes it has 6-7 airbags and stability controls only becos of EU mandatory law in forcing all new cars to be so equipped. 

But near 90k and still can't have HID or LED headlamps, no auto headlamps, no auto braking and other drive assist, tiny wheels...

And worst of all, it has VW engine and 7sp DSG.... 

The Europeans simply can't do cheap econoboxes properly. When they cut cost, the lack of quality in their products immediately shows. At least the Japs and Koreans are able to hide the cheap looking parts and show the good parts where it matters. 

↡ Advertisement