New VERS scheme for aging HDB

pegasi

Either he was quoted out of context or not briefed properly.

Tiong Bahru has plenty of resale HDB flats older than 70 years old. But lease could be more than 30 years left due to when it started counting down.

Tiong Bahru is URA

Apologies, pre war are considered private, not under HDB or URA, they were built under SIT.

Post war are under HDB also built under SIT.

Edited by Unltd
↡ Advertisement

Do you mean the hdb terrace? You can just google HDB landed, there are quite a few spread across the island.

For other older flats, you may google HDB SIT or tiong bahru SIT.

ok i have the info on HDB terrace which is 60yr lease, and Tiong Bahru conservation flats. other than that, should be as per what LHL mentioned.
  • Praise 1

HDB terrace (some in Queenstown and some in Bahagia?) might be too costly to embark upon VERS even. But they live in landed households which is considered a huge luxury in Singapore?

Maybe wait till 90 years old then come to them?

I believe the priority is to VERS the studio, 1rm, 2rm and 3rm flats first.

I also curious to know exactly which flats are 70 years old. I don't have data on that.

Those HDB terrace think they should wait until their lease reached 99 years, cause indeed too costly to SERS or VERS them before their lease expired.

think the lease is shorter 60yr not 99yr

there is no way they can hit 70yr old so no chance of VERS

Those HDB terrace think they should wait until their lease reached 99 years, cause indeed too costly to SERS or VERS them before their lease expired.

• Praise 1

All of you guys forget Spottiswoode HDB. Especially Blk 109 and 110 spottiswoode Park road . It comprises both 5 room flats under the hdb public housing scheme and penthouses classified as private homes in the same block. I wonder how the garment is going to handle this?

• Praise 2

ok i have the info on HDB terrace which is 60yr lease, and Tiong Bahru conservation flats. other than that, should be as per what LHL mentioned.

As stated, the Tiong Bahru flats I am talking about are not conservation flats.

Those who bought their hdb flat/landed at high resale in hoping for the SES windfall will still be stuck in dwindling straight-line to zero nightmare.

It's a matter of musical chairs before the music stops. The less lease they have left on their purchase, the more likely they will be stuck chairless when music stops. 

VERS does nothing to change the fact. Just pinkie kicking the empty can down the road niah. By then not his daichee liao. 

• Praise 5

All of you guys forget Spottiswoode HDB. Especially Blk 109 and 110 spottiswoode Park road . It comprises both 5 room flats under the hdb public housing scheme and penthouses classified as private homes in the same block. I wonder how the garment is going to handle this?

this one how old liao ah? 40yo?

As stated, the Tiong Bahru flats I am talking about are not conservation flats.

i'm trying to narrow down the area... kim tian? bt ho swee? indus road?

edit: saw your pm already... those are currently rental flats. might have been taken over by HDB already.

Edited by kdash

we buy popcorn and watch....

Turbocharged

Lets say someone pays 500K for a 4-5 bedroom HDB flat with a lease of 87 years lease remaining...which is not uncommon these days

this is abt 6K depreciation...per year

this is almost close to the depreciation for buying a brand new Elantra.. [sweatdrop]

Thought properties supposed to be the better protectors of our wealth as compared to cars....?? Haiz..only in stinkapore..

Edited by Kyrios
  • Praise 4

Those who bought their hdb flat/landed at high resale in hoping for the SES windfall will still be stuck in dwindling straight-line to zero nightmare.

It's a matter of musical chairs before the music stops. The less lease they have left on their purchase, the more likely they will be stuck chairless when music stops.

VERS does nothing to change the fact. Just pinkie kicking the empty can down the road niah. By then not his daichee liao.

cannot buy resale and hoping for SERS la... unless got inside info

All the existing policies are all to kick the problems down the road mah. No comprehensive solution at all.

Just like taking in more foreigners to pay for our aging population - those new foreigners won't grow old?

Lets say someone pays 500K for a 4-5 bedroom HDB flat with a lease of 87 years lease remaining...which is not uncommon these days

this is abt 6K depreciation...

this is almost close to the depreciation for buying a brand new Elantra.. [sweatdrop]

Thought properties supposed to be the better protectors of our wealth as compared to cars..

6k depreciation still okay as long as financing cost + depreciation/devaluation is less than rental costs.

Edited by Kusje

we buy popcorn and watch....ððð. Nothing in Sg is simple especially housing the masses.

for those of us whose flats not so old, can eat popcorn la. but will affect us down the road...

i'm trying to narrow down the area... kim tian? bt ho swee? indus road?

edit: saw your pm already... those are currently rental flats. might have been taken over by HDB already.

Gave you the answer liao. That's just 1 street - think the surrounding ones are also the same.

And that's only tiong bahru - might have other places in a similar situation.

You looking to buy? I am looking to sell.

Confirm not rented flats la.

Lets say someone pays 500K for a 4-5 bedroom HDB flat with a lease of 87 years lease remaining...which is not uncommon these days

this is abt 6K depreciation...per year

Thought properties supposed to be the better protectors of our wealth as compared to cars....?? Haiz..only in stinkapore..

87 years or 87 months? car cannot stay in 24/7.

we buy popcorn and watch....ððð. Nothing in Sg is simple especially housing the masses.

Spottiswoode hdb is in Lau Lee ward, Tanjong Pagar grc. Let’s see what happen .

Gave you the answer liao. That's just 1 street - think the surrounding ones are also the same.

And that's only tiong bahru - might have other places in a similar situation.

You looking to buy? I am looking to sell.

Confirm not rented flats la.

ooo so you own a flat there? haha... no la not looking to buy. just curious and want to expand my limited knowledge...

Spottiswoode hdb is in Lau Lee ward, Tanjong Pagar grc. Let’s see what happen .

you realize that the fellow is dead right?  [laugh]

↡ Advertisement