Grab driver challenges himself to work for 24 hours

StreetFight3r

A lot of GRAB drivers will be tempted to work for 24hours after reading this.

What happened to LTA SAFETY REGULATIONS ?

Is there any safety regulations for compulsory rest after XX hour-of-driving ?

Look like you can never be assured the next GRAB car you book is safe or not.

I used to wonder if the vehicle itself is safe i.e. especially brakes and tyres.

Now, it seems there is another thing to worry about.

Is there any regulation or legislation?  MOM or LTA?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Most countries long haul trucks have auto disablers after travelling for too long because this is so dangerous (yet lucrative at first glance to the driver). Maybe Grab need to implement in Sg...

• Praise 1

Twincharged

Taxi drivers have been doing that for a long time. Especially transcab drivers. I have friends who drive transcab and some can't find relief drivers cuz transcab don't have many drivers and many drivers avoid transcab cuz ppl hate the red cabs. End up, they will drive for 12-16hrs a day cuz they have to pay the full rental themselves.

• Praise 3

Come on lah. Don't just look at the pros. We are talking about a car here. The more you use it the more maintenance to upkeep. Fuel isn't free even if you push 24hrs. These ppl are just craming everything into a short period of time.

• Praise 2

If he wish to end his life earlier nobody is stopping him  [rolleyes]

But now he is endangering all road users and his passengers  [mad]

On top of that he is also killing his car [knife]

I believe Private Hire motor insurance will not cover if he is found under fatigue driving  :o

• Praise 2

This is not a joke, a driver should never placed rider's safety over any challenge.

Even when I'm driving normally, sometimes I feel drowsy, esp monotonous expressway driving.

I had to stop, wash my face, walk around, before continuing.

• Praise 7

Siao lang. Just need to bang one bumper to kiss his earnings goodbye.

Drive safe, not sorry.

attachicon.gif4ab1cb6e2576a1c35ce730fe720aad59.jpg

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/grab-driver-challenges-himself-24-030321825.html

A Grab driver who goes by the name of Sonic (gotta go fast after all) recounted on Facebook his experience in pushing himself to work for 24 hours as a personal challenge — an ordeal that earned him $912 in total from the 59 jobs he took.

Wanting to prove that it is actually possible to rake in close to $1,000 on a weekday, the Grab driver embarked on his quest on Monday, when the clock struck midnight. The man even uploaded video logs of his 24-hour work day on the ProDriver IncGrab driver community page on Facebook to show his progress. In the first clip, he mentioned that he would begin the shift at Changi Airport, acknowledging that it would be pretty hard to get many passengers on a Monday.

“I strongly advise against driving such long hours because it’s actually very dangerous for yourself and the rider,” he urged. “Rest assured that I will stop if I feel too tired, but I’m very well rested over the weekend”.

Grab driver challenges himself to work 24 hours. just how safe is it to drive 24 hours a day? thought commercial drivers got limitations to the number of hours they can drive a day? or not applicable to grab drivers? endangering other road users also.

• Praise 1

There are other car related challenges:

- Jeremy Clarkson racing the sun in a Jaguar XJ

- Multiple attempts at the fastest New York to LA run, AKA The Cannonball Run

- Most countries visited by land in 24 hours

The point about a challenge isn't so that you would do it on a daily basis, but to prove if it could be done, and if so, how difficult it is. This Grab driver failed to hit his arbitrarily-set figure of $1,000 earnings, but he can now attest how difficult it is to stay awake and alert for the full 24 hour shift. 

what an a**hole. wanna challenge yourself go ahead...

but why take passengers?

• Praise 2

Try 1 day nia. U all say until he does it everyday. At least now we know, 1k a day is bull.

1 day is enough to get others killed.

Aiyoh... this fella mad or what?

Want to challenge himself, but endanger everybody...

If he badly wants a challenge, and is out to in the process gain financially from a vehicle, I can recommend something that is far more suitable.

Importantly, won't endanger others. The challenge is solely on himself.

Go for the upcoming

Subaru Palm Challenge

https://www.subaru.asia/sg/en/lifestyle/palm-challenge.php

attachicon.gif4ab1cb6e2576a1c35ce730fe720aad59.jpg

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/grab-driver-challenges-himself-24-030321825.html

A Grab driver who goes by the name of Sonic (gotta go fast after all) recounted on Facebook his experience in pushing himself to work for 24 hours as a personal challenge — an ordeal that earned him $912 in total from the 59 jobs he took.

Wanting to prove that it is actually possible to rake in close to $1,000 on a weekday, the Grab driver embarked on his quest on Monday, when the clock struck midnight. The man even uploaded video logs of his 24-hour work day on the ProDriver IncGrab driver community page on Facebook to show his progress. In the first clip, he mentioned that he would begin the shift at Changi Airport, acknowledging that it would be pretty hard to get many passengers on a Monday.

“I strongly advise against driving such long hours because it’s actually very dangerous for yourself and the rider,” he urged. “Rest assured that I will stop if I feel too tired, but I’m very well rested over the weekend”.

Grab driver challenges himself to work 24 hours. just how safe is it to drive 24 hours a day? thought commercial drivers got limitations to the number of hours they can drive a day? or not applicable to grab drivers? endangering other road users also.

• Praise 4

Neutral Newbie

many cab drivers do a 24-hour shift just to make the ends meet. For Grab drivers, I think they're doing it now because they want to earn more. They have a target number of trips just to get an incentive.

• Praise 1

many cab drivers do a 24-hour shift just to make the ends meet. For Grab drivers, I think they're doing it now because they want to earn more. They have a target number of trips just to get an incentive.

FYI, I'm a Grab driver. My incentive hours only counts from 7am~10am + 5pm-8pm on weekdays

9am~11pm on Saturday, 10am~8pm on Sunday

So if I want to chiong for max incentives, I can only do it on the weekend, Satuday max 14 hrs.

Driving outside of incentive hours does not count. So there's "disincentives" for me to drive outside those hours. [:p]

• Praise 1

1 day is enough to get others killed.

But he didn't. Meanwhile plenty of drivers with lots of sleep Langar every other day.

He prob prepped for the drive beforehand and like he said, he was willing to stop if he felt he couldn't continue.

But he didn't. Meanwhile plenty of drivers with lots of sleep Langar every other day.

He prob prepped for the drive beforehand and like he said, he was willing to stop if he felt he couldn't continue.

TBH...a lot of PHVs are rushing to get more passengers  [rolleyes]

Last time driving school taught us...dont follow heavy vehicles, commercial vans, taxis, lady drivers [lipsrsealed]

Now ... beware when you saw the blue decals  [idea]

PS. No offence to safe and considerate PHV drivers here  [thumbsup]

BTW...today got Fast and Furious F13 M6 driver overtaking cars just before speed cam @ SLE

Every cars kept below 90km/hr limit

He just rev and zoom from left lane...triggered and flashed

Super hero contribute to Nation Building 

↡ Advertisement