Adjust your car stereo's EQ using this Android App

Nicholas

This is for those who wants to adjust your stereo EQ without the help of experts . I tried it on my car and the results are pretty good so I thought that I can share this with you guys.

This free app is called Headphones Equaliser which you can download here:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.manythingsdev.headphonetools&hl=en_SG

What it does is to play a full range of tones and decides the EQ for your headphones/speaker.

However, note that the EQ adjustment on the app has 5, and on my Pioneer HU, it has 13 so you will need to use some common sense to make the adjustment on your HU to do the in-betweens. 

See first 20 seconds of this video to know how to start calibration:

I flattened my EQ on my pioneer HU before starting but I guess you can always use this app to check if your EQ is tuned properly.

You can either connect your phone using aux or bluetooth, and note that during the calibration, you should turn off the air con, and engine if possible so there is as little background noise (most likely the app will still say bg is too noisy just ignore it, and also, it will play very high pitch tones so please protect your ears.

What I did after it shows this...

post-4567-0-01908300-1535132074_thumb.jpg

... is to adjust my eq on the pioneer and restart the calibration again to see if it sort of flattens.

Do share your results.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3