• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
63 replies to this topic | 218 praises

Posted 25 August 2018 - 11:57 AM

Theoldjaffa
  • Premium member
    Theoldjaffa
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Anyone went? Saw the carbuyer article.

The Z4 looks like a Kia! 😂

Edited by Theoldjaffa, 25 August 2018 - 12:09 PM.

Aaronlkl, Tianmo and Terrylmt praised this
--------------------------------------------
Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment. Because you have to deal with those who don't have it.

Posted 25 August 2018 - 12:07 PM

DACH
  • DACH
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

If wear slippers, singlet and shorts, would the person be denied entry?  [laugh]

Dream car: Lamborghini Murcielago 6.2

Posted 25 August 2018 - 12:10 PM

Theoldjaffa
  • Premium member
    Theoldjaffa
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

If wear slippers, singlet and shorts, would the person be denied entry? [laugh]

As long as you pay for the tickets, why not?😆
--------------------------------------------
Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment. Because you have to deal with those who don't have it.

Posted 25 August 2018 - 04:56 PM

therock
  • therock
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Thanks to MCF and BMW for the tickets. 

My mates and I took some time off to visit the show...

Bro Carbon asked me what it was like and I can summarise it in a single sentence... it felt like a car sale show ..

Loads of reps, happy to hand out brochures, a few models, nothing like those Thai car shows... but the mood was more akin to the annual Motor Show we see in Jan, where you see tons of wheeling and dealing.

But it was definitely not short on numbers, with plenty of BMW fans and many were paying customers.

Some were Shell redemptions, others were BMW customers and others probably got invites from the BMW sales reps who were quick to come to the queues to look for their customers.

I didn't bother to ask about prices, so please don't ask me about them..

Some pics..

There were Mini cars as well as BMWs..

Some classic cars which were more interesting..

This was probably the most interesting for me..

Attached Thumbnails

• DSC_9193.jpg
  • DSC_9197.jpg
  • DSC_9199.jpg
  • DSC_9195.jpg

Tianmo, Mercury1 and BabyBlade praised this

Posted 25 August 2018 - 05:03 PM

Pohhenry
  • Premium member
    Pohhenry
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Looks crowded huh

Got free gifts or finger food bo

Posted 25 August 2018 - 05:05 PM

therock
  • therock
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Door gift was a pathetic shopping bag..

Or pay a 'discounted' $108 for a cap, 32g USB and something which I can't recall..

At least they had some nice Minis..

And an old Mini which was probably the cutest ..

Attached Thumbnails

• DSC_9212.jpg
  • DSC_9216.jpg
  • DSC_9219.jpg

Discoburg and Fitvip praised this

Posted 25 August 2018 - 05:07 PM

Pohhenry
  • Premium member
    Pohhenry
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Door gift was a pathetic shopping bag..
Or pay a 'discounted' $108 for a cap, 32g USB and something which I can't recall..

At least they had some nice Minis..

And an old Mini which was probably the cutest ..

I Guess the bag is for us to keep their brochures:D

Not even drinks provided...very niao huh

Mini mafia got a cute butt. :D

Edited by Pohhenry, 25 August 2018 - 05:08 PM.

Mockngbrd and Discoburg praised this

Posted 25 August 2018 - 05:10 PM

therock
  • therock
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

It's a pay and pay thing.. you do have the obligatory drinks and snacks stall, but with coffee prices rivalling that of the shops around Suntec, there weren't too many takers..

Maybe it's free for the buyers or BMW owners?

At least I saw some shining stars :)

Ok, I did take one pic of the price list for leasing...

Attached Thumbnails

• DSC_9200.jpg
  • DSC_9208.jpg

Posted 25 August 2018 - 05:15 PM

Pohhenry
  • Premium member
    Pohhenry
    5th Gear
    Author Image

It's a pay and pay thing.. you do have the obligatory drinks and snacks stall, but with coffee prices rivalling that of the shops around Suntec, there weren't too many takers..

Maybe it's free for the buyers or BMW owners?

At least I saw some shining stars :)

Ok, I did take one pic of the price list for leasing...

Looks boring huh...no race queen there. :(

Posted 25 August 2018 - 05:20 PM

therock
  • therock
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

I think I may be too old for the BMW sedans.. the seats are definitely cosseting, some fit almost like a glove, but the trick is in getting in, and you do have to contort to get into them... it didn't help that there were a couple of generously built sales reps obstructing the doors whenever I wanted to climb in..

Once you are inside, the plastics on the lower end models were nothing I could say had a 'bank vault' build.. you had to go up to the 5 series for that...

For tech fans, the BMW cars offer the whole gamut of features, but you have to pay for them... 

My choice for space and legroom was the X1... legroom front and back were amazing, and access was good. The Minis were the best fit, and you could test drive all of the cars, but there's a pretty long queue... even the lowest Mini had a point and punt feel... if one was single, this car could rival the 116D as a simple affordable warm hatch or get the Cooper for a hot hatch..

The plastics don't feel like they will last the whole ten years, but the car drove sweetly...

BMW / Mini do live up to their Ultimate driving machine moniker....

Looks boring huh...no race queen there. :(

The hottest things there was the red Mini...

But some reps do look like ex SQ staff... there was a couple of Caucasian models... they definitely looked statuesque ... because they stood there like statues... but hey, there were enough reps there to answer any question about the cars..

If you really want to talk deals, I think there would be some since it felt like a very large BMW showroom rather than the typical car exhibition..

Attached Thumbnails

• DSC_9209.jpg

Bacteria83 and Pohhenry praised this

Posted 25 August 2018 - 05:41 PM

t0y0ta
  • t0y0ta
    6th Gear
    Author Image

$20 to visit a BIG BMW showroom? Wow.....

Zxcvb, Discoburg and Freeder praised this

Posted 25 August 2018 - 05:54 PM

Pohhenry
  • Premium member
    Pohhenry
    5th Gear
    Author Image

I think I may be too old for the BMW sedans.. the seats are definitely cosseting, some fit almost like a glove, but the trick is in getting in, and you do have to contort to get into them... it didn't help that there were a couple of generously built sales reps obstructing the doors whenever I wanted to climb in..

Once you are inside, the plastics on the lower end models were nothing I could say had a 'bank vault' build.. you had to go up to the 5 series for that...

For tech fans, the BMW cars offer the whole gamut of features, but you have to pay for them...

My choice for space and legroom was the X1... legroom front and back were amazing, and access was good. The Minis were the best fit, and you could test drive all of the cars, but there's a pretty long queue... even the lowest Mini had a point and punt feel... if one was single, this car could rival the 116D as a simple affordable warm hatch or get the Cooper for a hot hatch..

The plastics don't feel like they will last the whole ten years, but the car drove sweetly...

BMW / Mini do live up to their Ultimate driving machine moniker....

The hottest things there was the red Mini...
But some reps do look like ex SQ staff... there was a couple of Caucasian models... they definitely looked statuesque ... because they stood there like statues... but hey, there were enough reps there to answer any question about the cars..

If you really want to talk deals, I think there would be some since it felt like a very large BMW showroom rather than the typical car exhibition..

Hmmm...maybe going tomorrow look see ex SQ ah soh. :D

Thanks bro for your information
1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 25 August 2018 - 06:35 PM

Davidtch
  • Premium member
    Davidtch
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Anyone went? Saw the carbuyer article.

The Z4 looks like a Kia! 😂

Who cares how it looks?

What's important is that there are only 2 pre-production model now.

1 is on display in Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance

The other 1 is in Suntec City.

Posted 25 August 2018 - 11:19 PM

Rayoflight
  • Rayoflight
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Ok la..overall quite good with “new models to molest”

New X4
New 8 series coupe
New Z4

M2 CS
M4 CS (sold)

Posted 25 August 2018 - 11:48 PM

donchew76
  • donchew76
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Ok la..overall quite good with ânew models to molestâ

New X4
New 8 series coupe
New Z4

M2 CS
M4 CS (sold)

M2 competition, not cs.

M4 cs only One in Sg. Sold to a car collector

Posted 26 August 2018 - 12:59 AM

Mockngbrd
  • Mockngbrd
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

No GTS, CS also good.
Garage36.com

Posted 26 August 2018 - 01:01 AM

Wolfverine
  • Premium member
    Wolfverine
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Maybe it is the color but I must say I wasn't wowed by it...

I did enjoy the test drive of the X4 M40i though - it was quite a beast and overall handling was not too bad (bearing in mind this is a SUV). Loved the exhaust note :wub:. Priced at $320k thereabouts, a good contender with the Macan S.

42443786900_b1db1dda55.jpg

43533933274_7f9ea48fb7.jpg

Posted 26 August 2018 - 02:46 AM

DACH
  • DACH
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

30392751248_7029c63bc2_k.jpg

Posted 26 August 2018 - 03:00 AM

DACH
  • DACH
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Will try to post more pictures later.

Need to sleep liao.  [smash]

Posted 26 August 2018 - 07:03 AM

Terrylmt
  • Premium member
    Terrylmt
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

BMW world? What world?

This is a poorer, paler version compared to previous years' renditions. Even the Singapore Car Show was more exciting and had more buzz than this poorly organised event.

Here are my top 5 banes:

1. Online pre-registration to "avoid queues": you ended up having to queue for your paper wristbands anyway.. :a-bang:
  2. Inconsistent knowledge of sales staff: Sales staff who do not know their car models, prices, and availability.. and can give wrong information.. :a-bang:
  3. "Launch" of the new flagship Z4: what launch? It's merely put there on display. Plus the iconic front kidney grille has given way to a grille design keenly resembling a Kia (no offence to Kia owners - just stating fact) :a-bang:
  4. X7 Concept: Great - you managed to cross-breed a Land Rover Discovery with a Toyota Estima (again, no offence to LR and Toyota owners) and fenced it up so no one can take a good look.. :a-bang:
  5. Poor event layout that makes no sense - other than to overload your senses with too many paths.. :a-bang:

BONUS: Abysmal test-drive booking system that has staff telling you that they are "fully booked" and to come back at a later time, which suddenly then opens up for the next person in the line. :a-bang:

OK - sorry. I know I have nothing nice to say. But at least it's true.

therock and Freeder praised this

Back to Conti Talk  ·  Car Brands Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: bmw world, bmw, 2018, world and 1 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users