Accident in Sengkang, sent to hospital in Yishun

Kklee

Maybe A&E but not for regular outpatient care.

Hmm... for KTPH,  maybe they are not related ? 

I had an experience where the KTPH 's A&E make referral to National Dental Centre (NDC) but not to KTPH's own dental.

In the end,  KTPH's A&E was able to refer to KTPH's own dental. 

KTPH is at Yishun.

NDC is at Outram.

I feel that this is so unbelievable. 

↡ Advertisement

I just found out that they announced on their website that they take in emergency and warded cases.

Sengkang General Hospital to take in emergency and warded cases from 18th August onwards

12 Aug 2018

Source - https://www.skh.com.sg/news/announcements/sengkang-general-hospital-to-take-in-emergency-and-warded-cases-from-18th-august-onwards

Sometimes it depends on the scdf protocol. They will hand off to different hospitals based on the district and severity. Maybe skgh hasn't fully taken control for the seng kang area yet.
  • Praise 3

Sometimes it depends on the scdf protocol. They will hand off to different hospitals based on the district and severity. Maybe skgh hasn't fully taken control for the seng kang area yet.

Like that will make the statement invalid to my understanding. 

Like that will make the statement invalid to my understanding.

Sometimes after new hospital open is like that one. I also not sure. Just speculating. Usually some hospitals will take non trauma cases first for a&e then graduate to trauma after few months. I believe ntfgh started like that.
  • Praise 1

Sometimes it's also the SCDF Emergency Ambulance protocol not updated yet.

Singapore is divided into various feed zone for each of the Government Hospital A&E. That's why if you happen to be in the east and got into accident, the SCDF ambulance will send you to CGH instead of NUH despite you staying in Clementi.

During any launch of new hospital, it will always need time for the services to mature and flesh out before it can run like the more established ones like TTSH/SGH/NUH.

I remembered when Jurong General Hospital first started, for a few months,  SCDF's protocol still send cases to NUH despite the cases are nearer to JGH. But I do know for a fact that during that time JGH's A&E is up and running. They will see self referred or cases referred by GPs. If there are cases they cannot handle due to flegling services, they will transfer the cases via ambulance to NUH.

I just found out that they announced on their website that they take in emergency and warded cases. 

Sengkang General Hospital to take in emergency and warded cases from 18th August onwards
12 Aug 2018

• Praise 4

I believe they have to follow order from the HQ control based on the patient traffic at various A&Es...

Recently, needed an ambulance service...the medics automatically told me they’d head for KTPH instead of SKGH which was stone throw away....

After few hours of wait, the hospital wanted to discharge my in law almost immediately after consultation. I told my Wife over the phone to yell “No!” out loud...they relented but no B2 class bed available then.

We were all very happy with the supposedly temp C class at the community hospital as it was very clean, neat and spacious too. Every section had only four beds but staff strength wise was like 5 if not 6. Very attentive and great service from the doctors and nursing staff during the one week stay.

The entire hospital compound was very modern maciam condominium or hotel. Great cheap food at both foodcourts too. A coworker echoed the same about facilities and services.

My relative was sent there for emergency (near imputation of finger).

Understaffed and unattended for hours. Bang table then got attention. The doctor more interested in turning different degrees to take pictures. Finger almost dropping le... The nurse walked around as the relative (me) helped the doctor collect the blood as the wound was washed.

Then wrapped and discharged us because the hand doctor had knocked off for Wednesday and asked us to come back on Friday to fix. Quickly rushed my relative to another hospital to settle on the spot.

That kind of condition how can discharge???

In fact all gov hospital sucks big time.

The world class healthcare is ownself say ownself only.

When my 1 year old kid was sick on Xmas day, KK was so crowded. The nurse at the registration counter say expect 6 hours of waiting time. Went to the waiting area, totally full of crying kids and babies.

End up went to Raffles Hospital nearby. Within 30 min on arrival, we are on our way home with medication

No bs from the docs there.

I don't think SK hospital is in full operation even for emergency case.

I remember reading some where it will move into full operation in progressive stage.

Actually I drive the the hospital at least twice a day, have see any scdf ambulance entering the hospital compound.

• Praise 1

ST updated the link with a photo. Heck, looks like the accident happened in the middle of the road....LoL...not as mentioned that she was hit "while waiting at the traffic junction". The cow's head don't match the horse mouth.

syq-esct-27082019.jpg?itok=I4KJCwJl

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/e-scooter-rider-taken-to-hospital-after-being-knocked-down-by-a-lorry-in-sengkang

Edited by Watwheels
  • Praise 1

The traffic junction moved after the collision :D

ST updated the link with a photo. Heck, looks like the accident happened in the middle of the road....LoL...not as mentioned that she was hit "while waiting at the traffic junction". The cow's head don't match the horse mouth.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/e-scooter-rider-taken-to-hospital-after-being-knocked-down-by-a-lorry-in-sengkang

• Praise 3

In fact all gov hospital sucks big time.

The world class healthcare is ownself say ownself only.

When my 1 year old kid was sick on Xmas day, KK was so crowded. The nurse at the registration counter say expect 6 hours of waiting time. Went to the waiting area, totally full of crying kids and babies.

End up went to Raffles Hospital nearby. Within 30 min on arrival, we are on our way home with medication

No bs from the docs there.

If anything serious, I would bring my kids to KK still.

My girl was warded there 3 times.

Even though i have pte hospital hospitalisation insurance. 

• Praise 1

Err they quoted a source from the Chinese paper. Maybe the Chinese paper reporter got it from a witness. Cos you see the way it was written "according to ......"

The newspaper should not say "she was crossing the road when she got knocked down" unless the reporter witnessed it.

It all depends on what the reporter wrote. "She got knocked down while waiting at the junction" vs "according to witnesses, she got knocked down while waiting at the junction."

Like in nursing, we don't say patient beaten by wife. We say according to patient, he was beaten by wife.

Just two cents.

Assuming no witnesses, if the reporter had put person was crossing the road when she got knocked down, in court, the reporter will be called to give testimony as a defence witness for the lorry driver. So yeah it's how the reporter writes.

Edited by Philipkee

Try NUH next time. They got a generally under-publicized and unknown children A&E  that will definitely beat the KKCH in terms of waiting time. 

https://www.nuh.com.sg/ktp-nucmi/patients-and-visitors/medical-services/childrens-emergency.html

Now that I let the cat out of the bag,.... :D

Edited by Vratenza
  • Praise 3

Try NUH next time. They got a generally under-publicized and unknown children A&E  that will definitely beat the KKCH in terms of waiting time. 

https://www.nuh.com.sg/ktp-nucmi/patients-and-visitors/medical-services/childrens-emergency.html

Now that I let the cat out of the bag,.... :D

KK closer lah. NUH too far for me. 

We all worked in hospital before, waiting is not really an issue for us (granted my waits were all relatively short cos non peak period). Waited for an hr twice, then once was straight into P1  [laugh]

Sit there 45mins waiting for ward clerk to get to my turn, sit lor.

Wait at KK CE for 3 hrs waiting for beds to empty out for lunch discharge, wait lor.

Does it mean private hospital is not good enough?

Does it mean private hospital is not good enough?

I don't think Alvernia has a high dependency unit for Paeds.

Thomson has a high dependency/near ICU for the kids but it's not a complete full service.

You can say that the doctors anywhere are well qualified and completed all their training.

But if there's really shit going down and the kid is really sick (life and death), u better bet your bottom dollar, KKWCH and NUH will have the doctors most well equipped and used to deal with life and death situations, cos these are hospitals with lots of sick kids all the time.

Edited by Lala81
↡ Advertisement