• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
81 replies to this topic | 260 praises

Posted 28 August 2018 - 09:36 PM

Pohhenry
  • Premium member
    Pohhenry
    Supercharged
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Dear all

May I know it is worth to drive Grab or normal cab?

Heard Gov let PHV drivers claimed Petrol Parking and Maintenance etc

Any advice from current driver ?

Thank you very much  [thumbsup]

Angcheek praised this

Posted 28 August 2018 - 10:57 PM

BobbyTan_74287
  • Premium member
    BobbyTan_74287
    4th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Dear all

May I know it is worth to drive Grab or normal cab?

Heard Gov let PHV drivers claimed Petrol Parking and Maintenance etc

Any advice from current driver ?

Thank you very much [thumbsup]

My Brother in law is a grab driver and doing good. Previously he is a taxi driver. So I think should be better than taxi driver.
Angcheek and 1 Anonymous member praised this
Cheers!
Bobby

Posted 28 August 2018 - 11:17 PM

Heman75
  • Premium member
    Heman75
    Supercharged
    Author Image

My Brother in law is a grab driver and doing good. Previously he is a taxi driver. So I think should be better than taxi driver.

some of my friends doing but income not fantastic.. 3k nett no problem with 10hrs driving.. dont forget no CPF.. not as attractive as when they just started.. incentive now reduced after dominating the market..

Posted 29 August 2018 - 12:31 AM

Pohhenry
  • Premium member
    Pohhenry
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Is he driving Grab Premium?

Higher fare than normal

some of my friends doing but income not fantastic.. 3k nett no problem with 10hrs driving.. dont forget no CPF.. not as attractive as when they just started.. incentive now reduced after dominating the market..

Wow daily 10 hours with 3k nett is lower than normal cab

Guess many people gave up unless is own car huh

Posted 29 August 2018 - 12:38 AM

Aventa
  • Premium member
    Aventa
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

My friend did 8-10 hours daily,

Gross was about 250-300 daily,

Car rental about 70 or something, I forgot.

Petrol about 50

Grab token top up 60

He could nett 100-120 each day.

Not fantastic income but worth every hard work.

^ that was weekday. Not sure about weekends.

Edited by Aventa, 29 August 2018 - 12:38 AM.

Work hard to turn your dreams into reality!
Lamborghini Aventador S Coupe 6.5 V12

Posted 29 August 2018 - 12:46 AM

uniquely_ad
  • Premium member
    uniquely_ad
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Can you all share what Benefits grab Drivers get in terms of petrol discount, maintenance or etc?

Posted 29 August 2018 - 12:51 AM

Pohhenry
  • Premium member
    Pohhenry
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Petrol about 50
Grab token top up 60

That means about 3-4K nett...

My friend driving taxi daily 8 hrs slightly higher 4.5k nett

I Guess still taxi can make more than Phv now

Especially only 1 company dominated

Can you all share what Benefits grab Drivers get in terms of petrol discount, maintenance or etc?

Esso PHV is 20%

Posted 29 August 2018 - 01:00 AM

Aventa
  • Premium member
    Aventa
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

That means about 3-4K nett...

My friend driving taxi daily 8 hrs slightly higher 4.5k nett

I Guess still taxi can make more than Phv now

Especially only 1 company dominated

Esso PHV is 20%

Wow 4.5k is 50% more than doing PHV, such significant difference.

Seems like its better to take the TVL than the PDVL for those venturing into the transport sector? 

Posted 29 August 2018 - 01:11 AM

Pohhenry
  • Premium member
    Pohhenry
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Seems like its better to take the TVL than the PDVL for those venturing into the transport sector?

That’s why my friend still sticking to Comfort

Didn’t jump over to Grab

Posted 29 August 2018 - 01:58 AM

DACH
  • DACH
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

One of my friend already throw keys back to Grab. Now driving for limo services.

Another friend also throwing keys by end of the year. Complain incentive no good after Grab monopolised. 

Dream car: Lamborghini Murcielago 6.2

Posted 29 August 2018 - 11:38 AM

Nicholas
  • Premium member
    Nicholas
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Drive Grab must learn to deal with unreasonable passengers that don't know the diff between PHV and Taxi. If you make them unhappy they will rate you 1 star, if you make them happy when they ask you do things that non-taxi cannot do, you may kenna fine.

Can try doing Grabhitch first to see what it's like.

Beregond praised this

Posted 29 August 2018 - 12:04 PM

Banz86
  • Premium member
    Banz86
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Drive Grab must learn to deal with unreasonable passengers that don't know the diff between PHV and Taxi. If you make them unhappy they will rate you 1 star, if you make them happy when they ask you do things that non-taxi cannot do, you may kenna fine.

Can try doing Grabhitch first to see what it's like.

I got a 1 star rating for 1 of my grabhitch rides (yes you can rate the hitch driver) just because I had my golf clubs at the boot (was going to Tanah Merah Ferry Terminal for a game in Batam) and I told her to put the luggage on the seat.

I was a bit taken aback on that as I clearly told her I was on my way to play golf and her luggage couldn't fit via SMS before I picked her up.

I won't be surprised if the normal grab drivers faced even worse situation(s) than me. 

My father had been a taxi driver for almost 20 years and the stories he tells are quite shocking at times.

Beregond praised this

Posted 29 August 2018 - 12:11 PM

Nicholas
  • Premium member
    Nicholas
    6th Gear
    Author Image

I got a 1 star rating for 1 of my grabhitch rides (yes you can rate the hitch driver) just because I had my golf clubs at the boot (was going to Tanah Merah Ferry Terminal for a game in Batam) and I told her to put the luggage on the seat.

I was a bit taken aback on that as I clearly told her I was on my way to play golf and her luggage couldn't fit via SMS before I picked her up.

I won't be surprised if the normal grab drivers faced even worse situation(s) than me. 

My father had been a taxi driver for almost 20 years and the stories he tells are quite shocking at times.

I've been doing grabhitch for a while too but never know what rating was given. Did Grab call you and ask what happened?

Got all types of weird people in the world, can't please them all.

Posted 29 August 2018 - 12:30 PM

Armour_infantry
  • Armour_infantry
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

seems like it is not worth being a grab driver based on the replies

the management's perspective is, the customer is king. the expectation that i drive and therefore earn is entitled to a fee is naive.

expectations have to change if one is making a living out of driving 

1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 29 August 2018 - 01:41 PM

Ct3833
  • Ct3833
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

a taxi driver  publicly announced  he made about 7k a month in 2012. That was 6 years ago, by now should be 10k per month. why Grab? I am considering very hard to switch job to drive taxi already. 

https://sg.news.yaho...-burn-out’.html

Edited by Ct3833, 29 August 2018 - 01:43 PM.

Posted 29 August 2018 - 01:47 PM

Aventa
  • Premium member
    Aventa
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

a taxi driver  publicly announced  he made about 7k a month in 2012. That was 6 years ago, by now should be 10k per month. why Grab? I am considering very hard to switch job to drive taxi already. 

https://sg.news.yaho...-burn-out’.html

A fresh 30 year old driver with no experience can make more than a 60 year old with 30 years experience as long as they work hard & smart. It's not so much about career progression in this line..

I think you should consider twice before joining the self-employed line. No leave, no benefits, hand-stop-mouth-stop etc..

Ct3833, Lala81, Beregond, Doppel and RH1667 praised this

Posted 29 August 2018 - 02:13 PM

Ct3833
  • Ct3833
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

A fresh 30 year old driver with no experience can make more than a 60 year old with 30 years experience as long as they work hard & smart. It's not so much about career progression in this line..

I think you should consider twice before joining the self-employed line. No leave, no benefits, hand-stop-mouth-stop etc..

haha bro, this is a piece of very frank advice. I am fully aware. Just joking about it, no intention to make any move at all.

Edited by Ct3833, 29 August 2018 - 02:14 PM.

Posted 29 August 2018 - 02:24 PM

Vratenza
  • Premium member
    Vratenza
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Most important difference is  Grab = Income Tax +++

Taxi = Ownself Declare Ownself Tax.

Petrol about 50

Grab token top up 60

Circles Life Referral Code: HTWWD

Posted 29 August 2018 - 02:29 PM

Aventa
  • Premium member
    Aventa
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

haha bro, this is a piece of very frank advice. I am fully aware. Just joking about it, no intention to make any move at all.

Okay glad to hear that bro. I'm bad at spotting jokes hahah.

Wanted to give you serious advice before you make an impulse hop for the 10k  [laugh]

Most important difference is  Grab = Income Tax +++

Taxi = Ownself Declare Ownself Tax.

That's very true,

Heard from my friend that in the past, cannot claim anything for tax deductibles.

Grab drivers may earn 7k a month gross, but bring home 2k, but they are taxed accordingly to 7k income a month.

I think there are some measures to alleviate these issues now..

Ct3833 praised this

Posted 29 August 2018 - 02:31 PM

Vratenza
  • Premium member
    Vratenza
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

other than the tax deductables.......Taxi drivers are like hawkers, the cash transactions easy to "decide" how much income to declare.

Okay glad to hear that bro. I'm bad at spotting jokes hahah.

Wanted to give you serious advice before you make an impulse hop for the 10k  [laugh]

That's very true,

Heard from my friend that in the past, cannot claim anything for tax deductibles.

Grab drivers may earn 7k a month gross, but bring home 2k, but they are taxed accordingly to 7k income a month.

I think there are some measures to alleviate these issues now..

Circles Life Referral Code: HTWWD

Back to General Car Discussion  ·  Cars Top Reply to this topic
SgCarMart Quotz

Quick Reply

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users