Which do you guys think is the worst English morning show?

deballstopshere

19 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the worst English morning show?

• Gold 90 - Mike Kasem and Vernetta Lopez
    • Class 95 - Vernon and Justin
    • ONE FM 913 - Glenn and FD
    • Maddy, Jason and Arnold

Very curious here as I think most drivers will listen to the radio on the way to work. having worked overseas, i am quite shocked by the standard of our morning shows though i can understand to an extent why, with our strict censorship here. so i would like to know the consensus of you guys. i am only choosing the more popular stations here for drivers; i am aware of more english morning shows. 

personally, comparatively speaking, I do think Kiss is doing the best. the chemistry between the DJs is strong and they come across as very genuine. 

second would be 913 with Glenn and FD. They started out well but are declining as I think their shows are not really prepared beforehand. So they just say whatever that comes to mind or simply topic of the day. And it does come across as lazy and lacking effort at times. But well they too have a good chemistry. 

I find it hard to decide which is the worst, Class 95 or Gold. 

Class 95 with Vernon and Justin do make an effort on their show. However, their jokes can be stale and so 90s. And I find it a bad match for Class 95. They probably do better with a channel that targets the younger crowd. I find their jokes to be a bit crass at times. 

Gold with Mike and Vernetta likewise, is quite awful. Vernon and Justin, however crass, can come up with smart jokes now and then. However Mike and Vernetta come across as trying way too hard and mostly falling flat with their banter. Quite cringe worthy very often. And really, i find them a poor fit for a station with a more mature audience.

in a nutshell, i find that Vernon, Justin, Mike and Vernetta all caught in a time warp, so stale and tired. i hope there are newer DJs that will shake the roost a bit. probably the only industry where it's the same old faces for sooo long lol 

↡ Advertisement

Twincharged

the more, the merrier.

i just find it weird when only one DJ works a shift ... talking to himself/herself all the time ...

imho

kiss 92, maddie jason and arnold...3 of them seems to have the chemistry within them. always joking and being jovial throughout. makes bright day ahead for listeners.

gold 90.5, venetta and mike..jin "blend" between them. skip for me

91.3 fm, old timers between flying dutchman and glenn who worked together for many years  [thumbsup]  

• Praise 4

I'm not afraid to say I listen to the Muttons @ class 95. I like their goofiness, the not serious type of attitude to start my day. I don't care about the lame jokes. They were better in the past but sensorship stopped them. Before the Muttons I listen to Power98 Joe Augustin and Serene Wong. Again sensorship or someone not happy with what they have said. Listeners who are too serious made complaints as usual and they are gone just like that. Serene ended up quitting being a dj and Joe...I dunno what happen to him.

Radio is entertainment. If I pinpoint the fault to DJs not being entertaining or being annoying I mean I'm not being reasonably fair. The cause for them to be like that could be due to the red tape around them, they got to work with some kinda compromise.

Audience wise it's much like forum. Some will agree with what you say some will not. It's nothing personal. But there will always be ppl who will make it personal. As if they matter a lot.

Edited by Watwheels

I often stream internet radio from US or Oz n BT over the ICE.

Maciam on overseas driving holiday sia......lol

What makes you say that?

well i saw KISS being the worst, which in my personal opinion, is nowhere possible. 

these guys are the most real and personable DJs among the morning DJs from the four stations. 

well i saw KISS being the worst, which in my personal opinion, is nowhere possible. 

these guys are the most real and personable DJs among the morning DJs from the four stations. 

Nah, KISS morning show is very noisy.

But they air good music. 

Talking part I just switch channel. 

Whenever i hear venettta ice cream talks, i change channel.

Anyway it's Hao FM for me.

Yeah Vernetta is awful with those very cold jokes and her heckling laughter. 

Mike also surprises me, because even after being a DJ for so long he is still the same old same old. 

And I honestly think that Willam Xavier is better off being a news reporter than a DJ. His evening shows are pretty dire, often rehashing old news and adding nothing of value or wit. Which is a shame, given that he has a nice voice.

Nah, KISS morning show is very noisy.

But they air good music. 

Talking part I just switch channel. 

Yeah they are noisy and that's because they are just very comfortable with each other. 

You put that against the Gold pair of Mike and Vernetta. Yeah, I am sure they are good friends off the air but on air they lack chemistry and their materials are very contrived. 

All the morning shows ... DJs are aunties and uncles trying hard to be young and trendy. Glenn is older than me and I am well into uncle territory. Why they have to act that way just to attract younger listeners? Or implying that mass market = need to dumb down the content?

But I concede that censorship in singapore makes it tough for them to be natural or present topics in a more interesting way. They could lose their job for stepping out of line.

By the way, not really morning show related, but what do you think of 90.5 chris ho? He talks to himself nowadays ... I think it's a waste, he would do better with a partner. Joe augustine another good one.

Edited by Sosaria

All the morning shows ... DJs are aunties and uncles trying hard to be young and trendy. Glenn is older than me and I am well into uncle territory. Why they have to act that way just to attract younger listeners? Or implying that mass market = need to dumb down the content?

But I concede that censorship in singapore makes it tough for them to be natural or present topics in a more interesting way. They could lose their job for stepping out of line.

By the way, not really morning show related, but what do you think of 90.5 chris ho? He talks to himself nowadays ... I think it's a waste, he would do better with a partner. Joe augustine another good one.

Maybe should hire back Mark Richmond.

Chris Ho is good, smart guy. So too Joe Augustin, but they are both too edgy and anti-establishment to be used as "A-listers" by Mediacrap and SPH.

I doubt they will ever be put on prime time morning shows. 

If you notice, the "star" DJs are mostly those that have been around for very long and are always saying safe and boring things on air. There's nothing much new about their shows or their style. 

If I am not wrong, Mike tried to DJ back in US but failed and came back. 

I am pretty sure most of our DJs will fail spectacularly too. 

Why need a DJ? Just play better music and occasionally report the traffic conditions can already.

If wanna get a DJ, better get a sultry sounding woman to talk dirty to me on air.

↡ Advertisement