How to define between first timer and second timer ?

Ysc3

If buy another resale also means full time liao?

This second resale is

1) after having only bought one resale?

or

2) after having bought one resale and one BTO?

If #1, then 2nd resale with grant is the second time.

If #2, then 2nd resale will be full time liao and no more grant.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

I am in the same boat as your bros ...

I never take grant but I took HDB loan ... so by right should be 1st timer ?

but my ex-colleague told me he only took loan also kenah downgraded to second timer status ... but he still ok ... coz he collecting his new to his new flat in Oct liow ... first try also.

you already answered your query with the link....but not sure of your friend's predicament. Best is you should go to hdb to get the answer.

I am in the same boat as your bros ...

I never take grant but I took HDB loan ... so by right should be 1st timer ?

but my ex-colleague told me he only took loan also kenah downgraded to second timer status ... but he still ok ... coz he collecting his new to his new flat in Oct liow ... first try also.

all these websites sometimes answer also quite confusing ... that's why gotta ask around for real experience.

btw anyone else bought new flat recently ? is it really above 5.5k total household income then no govt grants ?

No lah, if only take HDB loan but never take HDB grant, that's not considered as benefiting lah.

No lah, if only take HDB loan but never take HDB grant, that's not considered as benefiting lah.

So it is the grant that determine how many timer a person is? And a person is only allowed with total 2 grant?

Twincharged

you already answered your query with the link....but not sure of your friend's predicament. Best is you should go to hdb to get the answer.

I am asking around now coz going to try for the Nov BTO sale .... will get everything done by then.

how does HDB define between first timer and second applicants ?

ok, I bought a resale 3rm when I was single.

now I am thinking of upgrading to a new  bto 4 rm as I am now married with a kid.

so am I first timer or second timer ?

if no take grant for purchase then is 1st timer . . . good luck!

Twincharged

So it is the grant that determine how many timer a person is? And a person is only allowed with total 2 grant?

I believe one person can only get the Grant once only ...

priority is given twice though ... but once you get married, can become first timer again !

anyway, I did not take the 15k grant when i bought my resale coz I thought it was so miserable ... but good thing I did not use it also ... else now will be headache.

but then again, dunno  now still can get or not ...

I am asking around now coz going to try for the Nov BTO sale .... will get everything done by then.

wah......all the best bro. First timer will be at the front of the ballot.

Twincharged

wah......all the best bro. First timer will be at the front of the ballot.

my friend send me some of his new flat pics .. swee !!!

almost move-in condition ... if not asking too much, just fix built-in furniture and go to go liow !!

they even got shower set installed !! (but I did not see a heater though) and the toilet is huge !

my friend send me some of his new flat pics .. swee !!!

almost move-in condition ... if not asking too much, just fix built-in furniture and go to go liow !!

they even got shower set installed !! (but I did not see a heater though) and the toilet is huge !

you sure that is a hdb? [laugh]

Twincharged
(edited)

wah....jin swee. 5 room or executive?

He rich liow... Old 5rm flat selling 600k... New 5rm BTO flat only 470k... and he is not paying full...i think easy easy pocket 200-300k... Edited by Ysc3

Twincharged
(edited)

not sure bro.......it looks like an exec........nowadays unit very small.

5 room BTO HDB .... Tampines GreenRidge.

btw, can anyone tell me how the repayment works for family ?

lets say you loan 100k from HDB and put both husband and wife as applicants and both will repay using CPF.

then how does HDB deduct from CPF ? 50/50 ? or a stipulated amount ?

can deduct from one applicant only ? eg deduct from husband CFP and don't deduct from wife cpf ?

is there any difference between declaring the wife as a co-applicant or just an occupier ? (since the husband paying)

Edited by Ysc3
↡ Advertisement