Why did you chose you current HDB flat ?

Ysc3

many new towns have very little amenities ..... I dont know which clown do the planning . Instead of planning HOME for people .. they just plan where one sleep

It's not that they have few amenities, it's that small shops don't find it easy to survive. Beyond something like small bakeries, barber or hair salon, small supermarkets which are now built into small estates.

The times of a neighbourhood center with like 20-30 shops are gone. Many of them are just barely getting by. Some areas even have many shuttered shops.

Shopping habits, few stay home housewives, lack of home cooking, deliveroo food panda etc have caused the demise.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

I mean one still needs a place to stay.

And you will either be renting or paying a mortgage.

So if you paid up the mortgage (regardless HDB or private), you live inside without needing to pay any rent.

Whether what you paid in total (in rent or mortgage) will exceed purchase price, well ... nobody can guarantee. Can just tell you got value left.

Our garment got foresight on this one. The newer hdb blocks are silver ready, can be converted to elderly care easily in times of need which is not too far distant. Just like how they designed the mscp and kpe which are ahem...ever ready.

But the vision of an underground mini city...with the rising sea level...sprinkler leak...I’m not too sure about that one.

When my family decided to move to our current location, our most important factor are.

1. Location

2. Age of Flat 

3. Price

Location is still the most important factor as after a long day at work, I do not want to take the MRT then change to a bus just to get home. Although my current place is still far from the city centre, but at least I'm staying a 3 mins walk from the MRT station.

• Praise 4

When we chose our HDB, we were in the RFS scheme. They scrapped that and introduced BTO. That time, 2001, only three BTO areas to choose from, CCK, Punggol and Sembawang. We looked and decided both Punggol and CCK out. So Sembawang.

We both decided to go for 5 rooms flat cos both of us grew up in small flats. We liked to have more space. Same as you guys, chose the NS facing. Wanted high level but queue till our turn, only left mid level so just take it. All the flats here no have windows at the corridor.

I still like my place even though it is far from everything except going to JB. This would be my final home i hoped so.

When my family decided to move to our current location, our most important factor are.

1. Location

2. Age of Flat

3. Price

Location is still the most important factor as after a long day at work, I do not want to take the MRT then change to a bus just to get home. Although my current place is still far from the city centre, but at least I'm staying a 3 mins walk from the MRT station.

Agreed, no matter where you stay, stay near mrt less than 7 mins walk is important. It reduce lots of time by no need to take any bus. Taking bus really wasted lots of time, the inconsistent waiting time and overcrowded bus etc. I have been through this in all the places that i have stay, really wasted lots of time taking bus.

You staying in bto flat? How come no lift to your unit de?

I am staying in an old private apartment and own a BTO flat for my little 3.

Twincharged

just submitted my second application for this month's SBF exercise.

i thought that when HDB show you the balance unsold flats, you can actually chose which one you want to apply.

but apparently that is not the case.

i was just led through an open application process, paid the $10 fee and then told the "ballot results will be out in July 2019'.

so when one is successful, one will be given a queue number to then go and chose from the balance pool.

** so what happen to the apply today and get results tomorrow thingy ? if not for this exercise, then it should have been June .... but now they say results in July ?

Twincharged

I just need to say something about the use of the word stay. Almost all Singaporeans misuse the word. It should be “where do you live?” And not “where do you stay?” Live is permanent whereas stay is temporary. You stay in a hotel, but you live at toa payoh.

Twincharged

I just need to say something about the use of the word stay. Almost all Singaporeans misuse the word. It should be âwhere do you live?â And not âwhere do you stay?â Live is permanent whereas stay is temporary. You stay in a hotel, but you live at toa payoh.

Singaporeans can argue that no place is permanent here. Everything is temporary.

i thought that when HDB show you the balance unsold flats, you can actually chose which one you want to apply.

i was just led through an open application process, paid the $10 fee and then told the "ballot results will be out in July 2019'.

so when one is successful, one will be given a queue number to then go and chose from the balance pool.

** so what happen to the apply today and get results tomorrow thingy ? if not for this exercise, then it should have been June .... but now they say results in July ?

balance flat is not like buying off the shelves, still have to ballot cos there might be dozens of people want it too.

Singaporeans can argue that no place is permanent here. Everything is temporary.

actually we only stay on earth for a fixed period of time, some stay longer some short stay.

I thought it was only temporary when I parted part of my income to “see pee F”

It seems now is ‘till death do us apart ‘

Supersonic

So you need to indicate which one you want to chose before balloting? And if cannot get a queue number, you are not allow to chose other place liao even it is still available?

Twincharged

So you need to indicate which one you want to chose before balloting? And if cannot get a queue number, you are not allow to chose other place liao even it is still available?

Yup... I am now applying to get q number to be able to select a balance flat later. So no difference from a new application except it's for the balance flats of a certain estate. Results will only be out in July ... So until then, nothing happens.
↡ Advertisement