COE Bidding – 1st Round of September 2018

Carbon82

So which car you have shortlisted ?

Obviously not basing any buying decision on that la. Ive test driven all those b4.

I dont think those reviews are credible at all, but just trying not to sound so harsh, after all everyone entitled to their opinion. Maybe that person really feel so strongly that he or she need to write so many reviews like that. But of course I doubt that's the case.

Anyway I just sharing what I saw. I did drop Sgcarmart a message about this for them to look into and remove if they want.

↡ Advertisement

Obviously not basing any buying decision on that la. Ive test driven all those b4.

I dont think those reviews are credible at all, but just trying not to sound so harsh, after all everyone entitled to their opinion. Maybe that person really feel so strongly that he or she need to write so many reviews like that. But of course I doubt that's the case.

Anyway I just sharing what I saw. I did drop Sgcarmart a message about this for them to look into and remove if they want.

Least you done your part.

Was browsing and saw a bunch of 1 star bad reviews for both the Citroen Grand C4 Picasso and the Kia Carens, and all written at around the same time period just these few days early Sept. Curious, I went to look at a similar car VW Touran (another 7 seater MPV), and sure enough multiple posts by the same person as well but for this car it's all praise and 5 stars. 

Can see that the usernames are all similar, with same review dates.

Not sure how credible it is, as it appears like he / she is trying to affect the average rating of the cars with multiple reviews.

I also saw this. Looks like astroturfing by a VW SE with too much free time. I wonder what SGcarmart does to fake reviewers?

If you're looking at 7-seaters, I also think Peugeot 5008 is very nice. But Hyundai is about to come out with Santa Fe 2019 (pending LTA approval, you can already go Alexandra and ask to see) so you might want to wait for that. I saw it, very very nice. In fact while 5008 exterior to me is nicer, interior of 2019 Santa Fe is unbeatable and can fight conti style. Got diesel and petrol variant too. And it's not got conti maintenance costs.

Downbudget I really like Renault Grand Scenic. Touran just look boring to me... I mean, spacious etc but zzz. I want a car that I enjoy getting into.

• Praise 1

I also saw this. Looks like astroturfing by a VW SE with too much free time. I wonder what SGcarmart does to fake reviewers?

If you're looking at 7-seaters, I also think Peugeot 5008 is very nice. But Hyundai is about to come out with Santa Fe 2019 (pending LTA approval, you can already go Alexandra and ask to see) so you might want to wait for that. I saw it, very very nice. In fact while 5008 exterior to me is nicer, interior of 2019 Santa Fe is unbeatable and can fight conti style. Got diesel and petrol variant too. And it's not got conti maintenance costs.

Downbudget I really like Renault Grand Scenic. Touran just look boring to me... I mean, spacious etc but zzz. I want a car that I enjoy getting into.

I checked out grand scenic too. But bit tight in the 2nd row we thought. So that one we not considering anymore. But I loved the look though.

They have new Santa fe already in Alexandra? Didnt know it was about to be launched here already. Will definitely go check it out. I saw the Kona on tge road the other day.. looks very nice.

5008 ticks a lot of boxes for me. Big and lots of space, drives fairly well, great design. Only thing holdimg me back is worried about reliability.

I thought 5008 interior really fantastic and love it. But you saying Santa fe even better still? Wow

I think the one they have in there is the top trim. I saw sgcarmart's review of the Philippines launch version of Santa Fe and it didn't look anything special. But maybe it is like Peugeot Active vs Allure.

Haha. Why would I be so childish as to fabricate stories in the first place. In just sharing my experience with them so far. All the words I'm using are basically quoted from my WhatsApp messages with my SE.

I piss them off? Haha

U keep banging table using your keyboard issit? Its a note. What more u want them to do.
  • Praise 2
  • Dislike 2

In the internet world now, it is very difficult to tell what we read is real or unreal. Vendors can pay bloggers to write favorable reviews for them, the smater ones maybe would even pay bloggers to disfigure their competitors.

In the internet world now, it is very difficult to tell what we read is real or unreal. Vendors can pay bloggers to write favorable reviews for them, the smater ones maybe would even pay bloggers to disfigure their competitors.

Haha. Genuine car buyer become spy? I'm outta here man. Shan't waste my time anymore. 

U keep banging table using your keyboard issit? Its a note. What more u want them to do.

FYI, from what I understand, because of the VES rebate, the Note gives them one of the biggest profit margins.

This shall be my last reply in this thread. 

Edited by silvialite
  • Dislike 1

Haha. Genuine car buyer become spy? I'm outta here man. Shan't waste my time anymore.

FYI, from what I understand, because of the VES rebate, the Note gives them one of the biggest profit margins.

Wah lao I'm sure he's talking about the suspicious reviews ebeh pointed out. But you are right. If you are so sensitive don't post on Internet forums.
  • Praise 3

Wah lao I'm sure he's talking about the suspicious reviews ebeh pointed out. But you are right. If you are so sensitive don't post on Internet forums.

Lets not be so harsh to others. some may be new to the internet world of forum and we should allow them time to adapt to the new world. Be kind lah.
  • Praise 4

Ya lo. Go back and cry better. Kns boliao give ppl dislike dunno for what pui.
  • Praise 1

I finally understand why the SE don't want to entertain you. Coz u seems to not understand things in the right way.

• Praise 3

hi all, sorry for the OT (mods feel free to move this post or start new topic), but this is just to share that I been seeing a few reviews that look suspicious on Sgcarmart.

Was browsing and saw a bunch of 1 star bad reviews for both the Citroen Grand C4 Picasso and the Kia Carens, and all written at around the same time period just these few days early Sept. Curious, I went to look at a similar car VW Touran (another 7 seater MPV), and sure enough multiple posts by the same person as well but for this car it's all praise and 5 stars.

Can see that the usernames are all similar, with same review dates.

Not sure how credible it is, as it appears like he / she is trying to affect the average rating of the cars with multiple reviews.

Wah! Got impersonator! I was alerted about this reviewer in the sgcarmart by one of the member. moderator/admin can look into that?

My personal take is that the low coe is a false result. Why? Because of the VES.

You have to add 10-30k for the VES. As for the negative VES, no comments cos I think the discount is from your PARF so it's not likely to benefit you as much unless you keep the car for over 10 years. But of cos you still gain from lower prices overall.

Having said that, those getting neutral VES gains the most in terms of low coe and PARF not taken away & these people gain the most.

Hope coe maintains this level for years to come. Yeah.

IMHO car reviews should be good or neutral but not negative. Why? All cars have weak points and strengths. The weak points generally are personal preferences or dislikes so giving it a poor review as a result of that seems unfair. Of cos the same can be said for the strengths but it is "fairer" to the people making a living selling the car.

Having said that, I have a friend who told me his car had tire problem and had to be towed away. I asked him what tire problem is so serious that the car had to be towed away. He said the tire nearly rolled away while he was driving. OK. If the car tire nearly rolled away during the test drive or you see your rear wheel rolling away from the rear view mirror during the test drive, I can accept it if you give the worst review of the car.

Ps. My friend car was a second hand kancil and it was bought in Malaysia. It was his car. He got rid of it after that incident.

Edited by Philipkee

IMHO car reviews should be good or neutral but not negative. Why? All cars have weak points and strengths. The weak points generally are personal preferences or dislikes so giving it a poor review as a result of that seems unfair. Of cos the same can be said for the strengths but it is "fairer" to the people making a living selling the car.

You obviously have never tried a hafei minz!

Wah! Got impersonator! I was alerted about this reviewer in the sgcarmart by one of the member. moderator/admin can look into that?

I dropped Sgcarmart a note about this last night that they should take a look. Gotten reply from them this afternoon that they have removed those reviews already. Edited by ebeh
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3