Cannot invest CPF SA anymore ?

Ysc3

as bro yoongf oredy mentioned if surrender early maybe kana penalty....have to ask the the current agent handling my folio. If no penalty i will surely dump back into my SA. It grew by $2k as i remembered it was about $54k last december.....maybe through interest as they had stopped any investments for quite sometime if not wrong since the sum was about $45k.

Keep us updated
↡ Advertisement

no prob......this product no longer offered by ntuc.....told a friend a few yrs back and he was keen but was told they no longer offered it. Funny thing was my colleagues back then was uninterested in the package when i bought it......but the current colleagues....mid to high ses.....very keen on it....ð¤£ð¤£ð¤£.

SA investment to yield such good return ........ I think few ppl would take it seriously
  • Praise 1

as bro yoongf oredy mentioned if surrender early maybe kana penalty....have to ask the the current agent handling my folio. If no penalty i will surely dump back into my SA. It grew by $2k as i remembered it was about $54k last december.....maybe through interest as they had stopped any investments for quite sometime if not wrong since the sum was about $45k.

got check carefully or not?

54k is death benefit or surrender value

10k to 54k in 20 years sounds unbelievable for a lump sum insurance policy

SA investment to yield such good return ........ I think few ppl would take it seriously ð³

From previous records they bought $4k gold, 4k unit trust and $2k as others. When i bought i was a bit sceptical but it was money in SA.....not doing much except for the interest. I should just let the folio matures. Maybe can reach $100k when i reached 63 and dump all of them into the RA. Can withdraw 12k interest every year..
  • Praise 1

got check carefully or not?

54k is death benefit or surrender value

10k to 54k in 20 years sounds unbelievable for a lump sum insurance policy

ð¬ð

Bro...its not insurance....its a Growth Fund. That 56k is still growing eventhough they have stop all investments. That is from my cpf e-statement. Think surrender value will be lesser than half of that value. If i didnt provide the attached i dont think many will believe....

how many more years to maturity?

heart paint to surrender now just to get 50% of $56K

Bro...its not insurance....its a Growth Fund. That 56k is still growing eventhough they have stop all investments. That is from my cpf e-statement. Think surrender value will be lesser than half of that value. If i didnt provide the attached i dont think many will believe....

how many more years to maturity?

heart paint to surrender now just to get 50% of $56K

about 12 yrs.....that what i am thinking too! Me December baby......so cpf count will always be at the end of the year....

boss you mean the pic of your cpf statement you attached showing 56+k?

that amount is what you have in sa currently that is available to be invested if you wish to instead of keeping inside sa.

it keeps growing because you are still working so you continue to contribute into sa

Edited by Enye

ya......its still growing. The investments last time said $4k gold $4k unit trust and $2k others. Now all is 0 but the amount is 56k. It had been growing steadily......if that is not the balance $.....i dont know what it is...ð¤£ð¤£ð¤£

as per my edited reply above

Don't be too happy to use CPF for housing. You need to pay yourself interest for using your own money. 

Actually the interests you pay back also go into your pocket eventually right? At least govt never take it away. To me that is most important.

boss you mean the pic of your cpf statement you attached showing 56+k?

that amount is what you have in sa currently that is available to be invested if you wish to instead of keeping inside sa.

it keeps growing because you are still working so you continue to contribute into sa

no bro.....my sa is in the normal account and has another value. Wont put out that info here. This is my investment account.

only a certain portion of sa is allowed to be invested

for your case that 56+k

10k is already invested

post-937-0-78963400-1536481046.jpeg

Edited by Enye

Actually the interests you pay back also go into your pocket eventually right? At least govt never take it away. To me that is most important.

got people wrote in why our return is a miserable 4% when it was 6-8% in the 70s and 80s. OA should maintain at 2.4% as we use it to pay for housing.....but others like SA, RA and MA should be peg hire. In the long run that 1-2% makes a whole lot of difference.

oh....i see.....thank you. Then how come my investments is now 0. Last time they invested in Gold, unit trust and others....

*sorry to ts for high-jacking his thread.

the performance of what you invest will not show in cpf statement until you sell, then they put back into the cpf account.

the performance of what you invest will not show in cpf statement until you sell, then they put back into the cpf account.

have de.....i remembered they put the amount of gold and other structures they bought on my behalf. Past yr the amount is 0.....not sure why they stopped investing. If they dont invest anymore and not earning anything i might as well sell it off and put the money into my SA. At least i am earning 4% with the 20k+.
↡ Advertisement