Public transport operators may increase fares by up to 4.3%

Aaronlkl

If I was in power

I would hold the election first

and then increase the train fare.

:D

Edited by Jamesc
  • Praise 1

Aiya, they will say anything to justify the rise. If I'm not wrong they will say the fare hike is for diesel average price hike. With year end coming do expect oil cartels to raise fuel prices for year end bonus.

Edited by Watwheels
  • Praise 1

I guess the costs for the "soothing music" at the train stations had to come from somewhere... now I guess the music won't sound so "soothing" anymore.

Edited by Ronkovic
  • Praise 2

Aiya, they will say anything to justify the rise. If I'm not wrong they will say the fare hike is for diesel average price hike. With year end coming do expect oil cartels to raise fuel prices for year end bonus.

Heard over the news, they do mentioned the increased of the fare is due to the raising cost of maintenance etc. 

Heard over the news, they do mentioned the increased of the fare is due to the raising cost of maintenance etc.

PEOPLE that make such statement are as dump and stupid as those four legged crawling around.

Anyone DARE TO publicly state maintenance costs reduced so fare reduced. Tied fare increase to maintenance cost will forever only has one direction..up!

Angry..stupidity has really no boundary.

Edited by Kopites
  • Praise 2

After taking SMRT private ........ still increase fare? Thought the purpose to keep private was to solve deep-rooted culture issue and no need answerable to shareholders in a public listed company. KNNB CCB!!

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/public-transport-fares-to-increase-from-dec-29-ptc-bus-mrt-10879480

The annual revenue for SBS Transit Rail and SMRT Trains will also go up by S$10.9 million and S$24.1 million, respectively. 

But both operators, as part of the latest review, will be required to contribute 5 per cent of the expected increase in fare revenue to the Public Transport Fund.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/transport/bus-and-train-fares-to-rise-by-6-cents-per-trip-from-dec-29-ptc

The adjustments will translate to an increase of $78.2 million in fare revenues for public transport operators for 2019. Out of that, train revenue will rise by $35 million - with SBS Transit seeing a $10.9 million increase and SMRT seeing a $24.1 million hike.

The remaining $43.2 million goes to the Land Transport Authority, which administers bus contracts.

They say 3 years never increase liao, so no choice but have to increase this time round.  [rolleyes]

https://www.ptc.gov.sg/regulation/bus-rail/fare-milestones

How come no one mention fare decrease in 2015 & 2016?

Edited by Davidtch

PEOPLE that make such statement are as dump and stupid as those four legged crawling around.

Anyone DARE TO publicly state maintenance costs reduced so fare reduced. Tied fare increase to maintenance cost will forever only has one direction..up!

Angry..stupidity has really no boundary.

Running cost, operation cost, maintenance cost etc, all these go up so fare also must go up lo. They would tell you they also need money in all these area lo, if fare no go up where to recoup money spent?

They say 3 years never increase liao, so no choice but have to increase this time round.  [rolleyes]

The decrease was not due to them making improvements to their work flow and optimising resources but due to lower fuel/energy prices...(USD40 per barrel crude) in the last few years...

and the decrease manifested itself in various strange inaccessible forms. Such as you have to clock in by 7am or something lidat in order to enjoy lower fares...if you tap in during the golden period from 8am to 9am..still regular fares...

but however this time round the increase starting on 29 Dec is across the board for everyone...including the old and handicapped.

My question is.....Currently the crude oil price is still about 50USD so why wouldnt the low fuel price cushion the so called higher maintenance costs?

[confused]

Edited by Kyrios
  • Praise 1

The decrease was not due to them making improvements to their work flow and optimising resources but due to lower fuel/energy prices...(USD40 per barrel crude) in the last few years...

and the decrease manifested itself in various strange inaccessible forms. Such as you have to clock in by 7am or something lidat in order to enjoy lower fares...if you tap in during the golden period from 8am to 9am..still regular fares...

but however this time round the increase starting on 29 Dec is across the board for everyone...including the old and handicapped.

My question is.....Currently the crude oil price is still about 50USD so why wouldnt the low fuel price cushion the so called higher maintenance costs?

[confused]

Before you ask any question, read https://www.ptc.gov.sg/regulation/bus-rail/fare-regulation-framework first.

From your question, you have no understanding of how fare formula works.

• Praise 1

Before you ask any question, read https://www.ptc.gov.sg/regulation/bus-rail/fare-regulation-framework first.

From your question, you have no understanding of how fare formula works.

That is how PAP scholars are good at..throwing formulas and sophistry at the old aged and average worker to make it seem sensible for the increase..of course according to the way they craft it..of course need to increase

to the normal rank and file my question is always: why must increase? I dun care about complicated mathematical formulas by the way

↡ Advertisement