Speed limit 4 PMDs, bicycles to be cut to 10kmh on footpath

RogerNg_185295

Finally licen plate lai liao

SINGAPORE - E-scooter owners, who can start registering their devices from Jan 2, 2019, are reminded that they must do so by the end of June.

Those who fail to register their e-scooters by the dateline may face a fine or jail, the Land Transport Authority (LTA) said on Wednesday (Dec 12).

Registration can be done at SingPost post offices or on the LTA's OneMotoring website for a fee of $20. Those who register before March 31 will have the fee waived.

This follows the Government's acceptance in March of the Active Mobility Advisory Panel's proposal to make registration of e-scooters mandatory.

Those who register their e-scooters must be above the age of 16, and must declare that the devices meet criteria such as a maximum weight of 20kg and a top speed of 25kmh. Those found to have made false declarations face fines of up to $5,000 and a year's imprisonment.

Only e-scooters - defined as motorised personal mobility devices (PMDs) with handlebars - need to be registered. No registration is required for personal mobility aids, such as electric wheelchairs, or other PMDs such as hoverboards or electric unicycles.

Once the device is successfully registered, users will be issued with a unique registration number that needs to appear on an identification plate - similar to those for motor vehicles - to be affixed on their e-scooter.

The LTA will also issue a separate registration mark that must also be displayed prominently on the e-scooters.

Those who register their devices by June 30 next year will have a grace period of 14 days to affix both marks, beyond which they face a fine of up to $1,000 and up to three months in jail.

From July next year, those found riding unregistered e-scooters on public paths face fines of up to $2,000 and up to three months' jail for a first offence.

"These measures are aimed at deterring reckless riding and facilitating enforcement efforts against errant riders to improve public safety for all path users," said the LTA.

Separately, the authority also reminded retailers that all PMDs sold here must comply with the UL2272 fire safety standard from July next year.

While PMDs that do not meet the standard can be still be registered, they will not be allowed for use on public paths from January 2021. A list of devices which meet the standard can be found on LTA's website.

"For the safety of device owners and those around them, LTA strongly encourages all owners to use UL2272-certified devices only," said the authority.

Look serious, as the lady is just laying there, unable to move. Kudos to the 2 teenagers girls for giving first aid.  and the other teens helping. 

https://stomp.straitstimes.com/singapore-seen/13-year-old-e-bike-rider-arrested-after-allegedly-knocking-down-woman-at-pasir-ris#xtor=CS1-10

13-year-old PMD rider arrested after allegedly knocking down woman at Pasir Ris Park
scootermain.jpg

Submitted by Stomper Patrick

This story was submitted via WhatsApp. Click here to join our WhatsApp group.

A 13-year-old youth was arrested after allegedly knocking down a woman while riding his personal mobility device (PMD) at Pasir Ris Park on Friday (Dec 28).

In response to a Stomp query, the police said they were alerted to a case of rash act causing hurt at 5.53pm and arrested the e-scooter rider.

Stomper Patrick alerted Stomp to a video of the incident that was posted on Facebook.

In the video, a woman can be seen lying on a pavement while a couple of girls attended to her.

Stomp understands that the woman, believed to be in her 20s, suffered superficial injuries and was taken to Changi General Hospital.

The video also shows several people surrounding a youth, who is seen holding on to a PMD.

Voices can be heard telling the youth "I know it's an accident" and asking him to "calm down".

When the youth said "I'm very sorry", a female can be seen patting him on the shoulder and replying, "I understand, I understand."

Police investigations are ongoing.

Edited by Ender
  • Praise 1

It's no secret that I have been saying all along that pasir ris park is a race track for those gina speedster.

Why must it wait till someone gets hurt then the authority will wait up.

• Praise 3

It's no secret that I have been saying all along that pasir ris park is a race track for those gina speedster.

They still won't wake up one.   ..... until one of the ministars' mother or kid is knocked down by the SGN. 

• Praise 5

I just anyhow google pasir ris, with PMD accidents, there's already a number of cases. Still no strong enforcement. Punggol Waterway to Sengkang PCN, also infested with these si ginnas on escooter and the annoying fog light they installed.

Now I don't bring my daugther to PCN anymore for her cycling. Just look at the above incident reported by STOMP, an adult can kenna knocked til she can't move on the ground,  imagine the same force on the small kid of 20kg++.  [sweatdrop]

Edited by Ender
  • Praise 3

Poor lady has to suffer because of all these nuisance continuing running around.

Not just Pasir Ris park. In fact still many parks are not safe anymore with them running around and the users do not even bother about the speed limits.

• Praise 2

Not only PCN or pavement, Pasir Ris or Punggol, these reckless PMD users are everywhere. Just few days ago, I nearly got knocked down by a speeding PMD, the moment I stepped out of a shopping mall (Jurong Point). That guy did not even slow down when he saw me, and just zoomed past me in split second. Seems to me like those food delivery guy.

It is not just about enactment of law to protect the PMD users and general public, but ENFORCEMENT!! The same can be said for prohibition of smoking at certain place, where are the law enforcer?? Without being on the ground, how can the authorities assume situations are under control?? [mad]

• Praise 11

Which MP is in charge of Pasir Ris? [sly]

With so many cases already.... Obviously he/she not concerned enough to make it an issue at the parliaments. All busy being yes men/women. 

Edited by Vratenza
  • Praise 8

Not only PCN or pavement, Pasir Ris or Punggol, these reckless PMD users are everywhere. Just few days ago, I nearly got knocked down by a speeding PMD, the moment I stepped out of a shopping mall (Jurong Point). That guy did not even slow down when he saw me, and just zoomed past me in split second. Seems to me like those food delivery guy.

It is not just about enactment of law to protect the PMD users and general public, but ENFORCEMENT!! The same can be said for prohibition of smoking at certain place, where are the law enforcer?? Without being on the ground, how can the authorities assume situations are under control?? [mad]

I pitied some of the joggers I have seen along East Coast Park.

Some of them almost got hit by these nuisances weaving in and out of the Cycling and walking paths at high speeds which don’t bother to slow down or stop.

High time to ban these PMDs for good which the authorities are better at, since enforcement is so weak and can’t be bothered.

With so many cases already.... Obviously he/she not concerned enough to make it an issue at the parliaments. All busy being yes men/women.

No point since these nuisances can move to other places easily. It has become a national problem.
  • Praise 1

Just empower the people.

Kick those riders off if one feels they are too close for comfort. Give them immunity from carrying out such act.

so many times liao, I have the cheong tong of one leg lup until the cyclist. But very fast the thought of my action tio posted at HWZ and MCF, and tio condemn until ppl set up fake facebook for me, I just let it go... [:p]  [laugh]  [laugh]

• Praise 3

Just empower the people.

Kick those riders off if one feels they are too close for comfort. Give them immunity from carrying out such act.

We had a lorry driver who just did that to a cyclist :D

Before you say lorry can be construed as a weapon, a leg can also be construed as a weapon :D

Edited by Philipkee
  • Praise 1

Seems like the idea they can quickly scoot away from a crime scene makes them reckless, causing danger to pedestrians and also prone to commit molest.

Lucky he was able to be arrested after the police conduct search and enquiries on the ground.

Man arrested for allegedly molesting jogger while riding e-scooter at Bedok Reservoir Road

SINGAPORE: A 22-year-old man was arrested on Friday (Dec 28) for allegedly molesting a woman while he was riding an e-scooter. 

The incident happened about a month ago, along Bedok Reservoir Road off Jalan Lembah Bedok, said the police in a news release. 

A police report was made on Nov 29 at about 5am. 

The victim was said to have been on a morning run when a man rode past her and allegedly molested her. 

The suspect was arrested along Bedok Reservoir Road after the police tracked him down through ground enquiries, said the police. 

Investigations against the man are ongoing.

If found guilty of outrage of modesty, he can be jailed for up to two years, fined or caned, or sentenced to a combination of such punishments.

Source: CNA/jt(gs)
Read more at https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/escooter-rider-arrested-alleged-molest-bedok-reservoir-road-11071862

• Praise 2

not true

boh eng

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2