Speed limit 4 PMDs, bicycles to be cut to 10kmh on footpath

RogerNg_185295

My own video (not uploaded onto social media anywhere else, please don't do this without my permission):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PswWEiYf648

PMD users keep flouting the regulations and persist in riding on the roads. While I'm actually OK with a live-and-let-live attitude along residential roads like these, I don't think it's right to endanger a child like this. It was quite difficult to spot him but I'm generally very careful around these roads.

I've seen much more egregious conduct from some PMDs - they tend to ride fast and in dark clothing in the evening or at night. Highly irresponsible.

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

All these troubles are result of our congested landscape and hectic lifestyle. When we saw something being done oversea, we try to copy here without understanding why it won't work in our environment. 

I take a case of alfresco dinning. In Europe, people sits around parks in mid day to watch people walk by. Cafe line their tables and chairs along the road to have tea/coffee by 3 pm. In singapore, by 6 pm, you will be baked if you try to sit dining in an alfresco area. Maybe by 8 to 9 pm it is cooler but then it may rain  [:p]

So, holding umbrellas and walking on footpath is cool. No need PMD or bicycles lah. We are used to be walking miles and taking public transport. 

• Praise 1

nice. time to get a new mountain bike, and jio my kaki liao. [sly]

but sadly enough all these money spend wont solve the cyclist problem on the road [knife]

Hahaha all these is not for the strong one :XD:

For me I would rather they ride on the road (and get themselves killed/injured) than zooming on the pavements endangering pedestrians.

There is a lack of enforcement, and the penalty is peanuts if caught.  These scooterists are sticking their fingers up the a$$ of LTA/TP. 

My own video (not uploaded onto social media anywhere else, please don't do this without my permission):

PMD users keep flouting the regulations and persist in riding on the roads. While I'm actually OK with a live-and-let-live attitude along residential roads like these, I don't think it's right to endanger a child like this. It was quite difficult to spot him but I'm generally very careful around these roads.

I've seen much more egregious conduct from some PMDs - they tend to ride fast and in dark clothing in the evening or at night. Highly irresponsible.

• Praise 2

Hypersonic
(edited)

Simply put,

No Enforcement. 

Put all the Rules & Regulations, asking people to register the PMDs...what's the use if no enforcement? 

Edited by Fcw75
  • Praise 1

Orbit goot

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/courts-crime/jail-for-man-on-unregistered-e-bike-who-tried-to-evade-lta-officers-by-riding?cx_testId=0&cx_testVariant=cx_1&cx_artPos=0#cxrecs_s

SINGAPORE - In an attempt to evade the authorities, a man sped off on his unregistered power-assisted bicycle (PAB) but was caught after it hit a kerb and he landed inside a drain.

The impact knocked the rider, Sheikh Fadhil Belkhir Omar unconscious and he was rushed to hospital where he was found to have suffered a head injury.

• Praise 4

Hypersonic

Orbit goot

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/courts-crime/jail-for-man-on-unregistered-e-bike-who-tried-to-evade-lta-officers-by-riding?cx_testId=0&cx_testVariant=cx_1&cx_artPos=0#cxrecs_s

SINGAPORE - In an attempt to evade the authorities, a man sped off on his unregistered power-assisted bicycle (PAB) but was caught after it hit a kerb and he landed inside a drain.

The impact knocked the rider, Sheikh Fadhil Belkhir Omar unconscious and he was rushed to hospital where he was found to have suffered a head injury.

Orbigoot. Lol
  • Praise 1

Hypersonic
(edited)

Orbit goot

No helmet somemore la.

Karma is best served in a drain...haha.

Edited by Fcw75
  • Praise 1

Orbit goot

Hahahahahahahahaha!!!!!! Song :XD:
  • Praise 1

Time to take care of irresponsible smokers also -> walk smoke in park, child care center, bus stops, littering with their butts, etc, etc.

Irresponsible cyclists are everywhere, not just on our shore.

Cyclist Haphazardly Crosses Busy Intersection Diagonally, Lives To Star In A Future Video

The strange episode happened in Hunter Mill, Virginia, at the intersection of Centreville Road and Coppermine Road. If you hit pause just as the reckless cyclist appears in front of the dashcam-equipped car, you’ll see that he didn’t even bother to wear a helmet. Not that a helmet would have made a difference at the speeds the cars were doing, but that says a lot about his mindset.

Perhaps even more disturbing is the fact that he seemed unfazed by the entire thing, as if he had a death wish or, more likely, was completely distracted by something.

And it is not just us that think cyclist are road pest...

kub3v1mjaeyf3n1yifxt.jpg

Researchers have found some drivers do not view cyclists as fully human, at least in Australia.

The study, conducted by researchers at Monash University, gave 442 respondents a “scale” of cockroach-to-human on which to rate cyclists. Why did the researchers choose this scale? As Dr. Alexa Delbosc, the lead author, told phys.org, “the insect-human scale [above] was designed for the study because of the many informal slurs against cyclists comparing them to ‘cockroaches’ or ‘mosquitoes.’”

There was also an ape-to-human scale in the study, but regardless of which was used, researchers found 55 percent of non-cyclists rated cyclists as not fully human.

Do not call people on bicycles “cockroaches.” Do not consider them any less than human. Do not be an a**hole.
  • Praise 5

PH and weekend probably out in 6 months

It's a joke only 8 months. Should be at least 8 years for killing before all the idiots start taking notice.

only 8 months!

imo if there is hitmen in Singapore there is no need to carry weapon. PMD will do. only 8 months.

• Praise 3

Twincharged

in auckland the last 2 days. escooters are a pest here too. going against traffic and going from pavements to roads and back to pavements

'For causing Mr Song's death by performing a rash act, he could have been jailed for up to five years and fined.'

Well why wasn't he?

Any extenuating circumstances??

Not that I can see.

↡ Advertisement