Speed limit 4 PMDs, bicycles to be cut to 10kmh on footpath

RogerNg_185295

Can we ban them already? Too much fire related incidents with PMD.

Imagine living with neighbours that have PMDs.

Ban means can’t use can’t buy.

How about your neighbour existing PMD?

Ban means canât use canât buy.

Must think of a way to prevent him from charging. Every time he charge, he puts not only his family, but the neighbors around him in danger. Like some one mentioned before, maybe should designate LTA office as the official charging station.

Must think of a way to prevent him from charging. Every time he charge, he puts not only his family, but the neighbors around him in danger. Like some one mentioned before, maybe should designate LTA office as the official charging station.

He will surely charge outside one

Then you open up app to baotoh him lor :XD:

Turbocharged

Ban means can’t use can’t buy.

I think government should just have tax the new pmds, and use the money to buyback the old pmds and introduce the ban on uncertified pmds immediately.

There are like 85k pmds... assuming they pay $200 per pmds, it is just going to cost 20million.

The first half of year there is 54 cases of fire. From now to end 2020, there should be 150 more cases of fire assuming rate stays constant. But the current trend is increasing rapidly so could be 300 cases?

How much does each fire cost? The damages, the cost to put it out, the loss of life and injury. 50k each?

They can fund this by taxing the new pmds. I think pmds require a lot of extra work from everyone else, it is only far that government tax it,

Edited by Wind30
  • Praise 3

I think government should just have tax the new pmds, and use the money to buyback the old pmds and introduce the ban on uncertified pmds immediately.

There are like 85k pmds... assuming they pay $200 per pmds, it is just going to cost 20million.

The first half of year there is 54 cases of fire. From now to end 2020, there should be 150 more cases of fire assuming rate stays constant. But the current trend is increasing rapidly so could be 300 cases?

How much does each fire cost? The damages, the cost to put it out, the loss of life and injury. 50k each?

They can fund this by taxing the new pmds. I think pmds require a lot of extra work from everyone else, it is only far that government tax it,

Introduction of tax may push price of PMD beyond “affordable”

Nobody buys.

In the end

LPPL

Edited by Davidtch

Turbocharged

Introduction of tax may push price of PMD beyond “affordable”

Nobody buys.

In the end

LPPL

Actually that is a good outcome too. I think 20mil is not that big a bill to keep our homes safe from pmd fire.

Pmd usage come with lots of costs for the society, I think most people will support the tax. It’s better than a ban. Having a tax will also remove the cheapest pmds out of the market improving the quality of pmds.

We don’t really want those DIRT CHEAP Pmds anyway.

Unfortunately our government not smart enough to implement this

Introduction of tax may push price of PMD beyond âaffordableâ

Nobody buys.

In the end

LPPL

No one buys is the best outcome. Other than fires, taxpayers' money is also used to provided subsidized medical care for those injured by the PMDs.
  • Praise 2

No one buys is the best outcome. Other than fires, taxpayers' money is also used to provided subsidized medical care for those injured by the PMDs.

What’s the exit plan for existing devices?

Actually that is a good outcome too. I think 20mil is not that big a bill to keep our homes safe from pmd fire.

Pmd usage come with lots of costs for the society, I think most people will support the tax. It’s better than a ban. Having a tax will also remove the cheapest pmds out of the market improving the quality of pmds.

We don’t really want those DIRT CHEAP Pmds anyway.

Unfortunately our government not smart enough to implement this

That was govt thought too for e-bike.

The entire e-bike shifted towards 3k and beyond. Nobody use it anymore.

Ppl moves to PMD.

Ban is 1 thing. What’s most important thing is Exit Plan for existing devices.

Without that, it’s talk like no talk.

What’s the exit plan for existing devices?

Need to be solved by LTA later after they address the safety issue first i.e stopped the injuries fire rate from climbing further.

Cannot allow these secondary concern (existing PMD owner issue) to delay any actions for safety. This is best practice for safety.

Edited by Ender

Need to be solved by LTA later after they address the safety issue first i.e stopped the injuries fire rate from climbing further.

Cannot allow these secondary concern (existing PMD owner issue) to delay any actions for safety. This is best practice for safety.

To stop increase in fire, the best way is to remove unsafe PMD.

The question is how to make ppl remove it?

Fire insurance :XD:

That’s like f already then eat morning after pill.

Hopefully boh tio

↡ Advertisement