Speed limit 4 PMDs, bicycles to be cut to 10kmh on footpath

RogerNg_185295

We have nothing go head because we are still stuck in 70s mentality.

Everything must have someone to regulate. Cannot self regulate 1.

Don't understand.

↡ Advertisement

As someone mentioned, these people are in a different society class. Their thinking and behaviour is also very different.

Which class do you think they below to?  I personally think idiots and irresponsible people are found in all classes.

This is biologically true.

Human beings up till around twenty, twenty one years old are still developing neurologically. Hence the old adage of brain not grown fully is correct.

Should these people be allowed freedom to operate motorised devices?

You are you and there are people either biologically or culturally unable to develop or understand the world as you do.

They can never appreciate or able to learn from you that 12000000 may be overrated for a house to rebuild or a & a.

Yet these people can hold jobs and vote.

Strict regulation keeps the notty intelligents in line and offer atructured format for the weaker minded to operate safely in.

This is inclusive regulation and control.

In the same vein as a bloodline can provide a once a lifetime bona fide genius as well as a notty assistant professor of economics....

Human beings are strange creatures because of genetics and external factors.

Prophase Metaphase Anaphase Telophase

Edited by Datsun366

We have nothing go head because we are still stuck in 70s mentality.

Everything must have someone to regulate. Cannot self regulate 1.

Then please tell the authorities to un-ban firecrackers, chewing gums, abusive drugs, firearms, etc.

No littering campaign has been around for decades and yet we still see litters.

If humans are so self regulated, that day onwards, we don't need police, and rules and regulations.

On the other hand, humans are viewed no different like robots.

• Praise 1

Then please tell the authorities to un-ban firecrackers, chewing gums, abusive drugs, firearms, etc.

No littering campaign has been around for decades and yet we still see litters.

If humans are so self regulated, that day onwards, we don't need police, and rules and regulations.

On the other hand, humans are viewed no different like robots.

How come Jap and Korean can be so regulated?

Have you thought about that?

Even Beijing allows firecrackers outside of 4th ring during CNY. Mind you Beijing has 10% moisture level during winter.

How come Jap and Korean can be so regulated?

Have you thought about that?

Even Beijing allows firecrackers outside of 4th ring during CNY. Mind you Beijing has 10% moisture level during winter.

Japan and Korea has no crimes?

China also has cases of firecrackers.

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2017-02-09/drunk-man-sets-firework-shop-on-fire-in-china/8257228

Edited by DACH

Japan and Korea has no crimes?

China also has cases of firecrackers.

Jap and Korean is so well behaved in and out of their respective countries.

China so big. Which part got firecrackers case?

post-16870-0-17401800-1536323504_thumb.jpg

i dun have PMD, but i think 10kmh speed limit sounds like a half hearted effort

they can't ban PMD, yet 10kmh is ridiculously low lah, dunno still can balance anot :D

i dun have PMD, but i think 10kmh speed limit sounds like a half hearted effort

they can't ban PMD, yet 10kmh is ridiculously low lah, dunno still can balance anot :D

i think they wanna ban.

but no 1 got balls like LKY those days to go all out.

so they try to make it hard for u to use it la.

but without tough punishment for rules breaker, its useless,  

most sg ppl can afford the current punishment easily,

• Praise 4

Actually i do not agree on the had to use part. Even if speed limit comes in, PMD users will just scoot along with heck care attitude. Who going monitor the speed limit and catch them? 

Install speed cameras at footpaths also not practical. There are so many footpaths in Singapore. Manpower is also needed. But as you know, LTA is also having manpower shortage in this area. Maybe subcontract to CISCO?

i think they wanna ban.

but no 1 got balls like LKY those days to go all out.

so they try to make it hard for u to use it la.

but without tough punishment for rules breaker, its useless,  

most sg ppl can afford the current punishment easily,

Actually i do not agree on the had to use part. Even if speed limit comes in, PMD users will just scoot along with heck care attitude. Who going monitor the speed limit and catch them? 

Install speed cameras at footpaths also not practical. There are so many footpaths in Singapore. Manpower is also needed. But as you know, LTA is also having manpower shortage in this area. Maybe subcontract to CISCO?

thats y i say the punishment is not tough enough to deter rules breaker.

see the most recent case, purposely knock into ppl fine a few k nia.

then how hard u expect the punishment for speeding?

its impossible to have 100% enforcement 1, how many enforcer u need?

look at the population of singapore,

if u compare the % of PMD user breaking rules, 

and transfer it to become the % of singaporean breaking rules.

u bring in army to enforce also not enough.

but in general, local police quite relax. why??

cos punishment is very tough on murder, robber, etc etc 

I gurantee you the accident rate of PMD will increase.  Then we see what the LTA will do next.

thats y i say the punishment is not tough enough to deter rules breaker.

see the most recent case, purposely knock into ppl fine a few k nia.

then how hard u expect the punishment for speeding?

its impossible to have 100% enforcement 1, how many enforcer u need?

look at the population of singapore,

if u compare the % of PMD user breaking rules, 

and transfer it to become the % of singaporean breaking rules.

u bring in army to enforce also not enough.

but in general, local police quite relax. why??

cos punishment is very tough on murder, robber, etc etc 

Frankly speaking we will continue to built more parks and links between the parks and more people will go for PMD as it is convenient and takes people to places. The whole world is into it, not just us. We have been giving excuses here and there. Giving reasons here and there. Debating here and there trying to solve it. No way it gonna help. PMDs will be here to stay and the future mode of transport for some or many. Mishaps will continue to happen if humans and machines continue to share the one walkway. Really someone really has to do something serious and no masak masak. Whoever in charge should really think hard whether it will be good to divide the pathway or have two pathways and put in more road strips to maintain speed. One for pedestrians and one for PMDs. Too much wayang leow with too much talk.

Edited by Renegade777
  • Praise 2

If one PMD hits a minster son or daughter, then change is guranteed, Other than that, its just wayang to please the people

Frankly speaking we will continue to built more parks and more links between the parks and more people will go for PMD as it is convenient and takes people to places. We have be giving excuses here and there. Giving reasons here and there. Debating here and there trying to solve it. No way it gonna help. PMD will be here to stay and the future mode of transport for some or many. Mishap will continue to happen if we continue to share the one walk way. Really someone really has to do something serious and no masak masak.

Think it will be good to divide the pathway and put in more road strips. One for pedestrians and one for PMDs.

• Praise 2

Frankly speaking we will continue to built more parks and more links between the parks and more people will go for PMD as it is convenient and takes people to places. We have be giving excuses here and there. Giving reasons here and there. Debating here and there trying to solve it. No way it gonna help. PMD will be here to stay and the future mode of transport for some or many. Mishap will continue to happen if we continue to share the one walk way. Really someone really has to do something serious and no masak masak.

Think it will be good to divide the pathway and put in more road strips. One for pedestrians and one for PMDs.

Divide the pavement also no use - now I am seeing food delivery motorcycles on the pavements more and more often. What makes you think the scooters/bikes would stick to their assigned paves (or pedestrians for that matter)?

Divide the pavement also no use - now I am seeing food delivery motorcycles on the pavements more and more often. What makes you think the scooters/bikes would stick to their assigned paves (or pedestrians for that matter)?

Different issue. Those are errant motorcyclists and they have their own pathway and that is the road. Might as well say car drivers also do that to take short cuts. I have seen cars mounting curbs to go their ways, cars going the opposite direction.  There is limitations to everything and that is where the law comes in heavy. If you have that mentality everything also cannot than nothing will work for you. 

Edited by Renegade777
↡ Advertisement