Speed limit 4 PMDs, bicycles to be cut to 10kmh on footpath

RogerNg_185295

Frankly speaking we will continue to built more parks and links between the parks and more people will go for PMD as it is convenient and takes people to places. The whole world is into it, not just us. We have been giving excuses here and there. Giving reasons here and there. Debating here and there trying to solve it. No way it gonna help. PMDs will be here to stay and the future mode of transport for some or many. Mishaps will continue to happen if humans and machines continue to share the one walkway. Really someone really has to do something serious and no masak masak. Whoever in charge should really think hard whether it will be good to divide the pathway or have two pathways and put in more road strips to maintain speed. One for pedestrians and one for PMDs. Too much wayang leow with too much talk.

Better to be a fad or else the future is really sad.

Wait till one day that one of the ministers' close kin got hit or these riders become more and more to those kind of "biker gangs" committing more and more petty crimes untraceable, then they will wake up their ideas. Already see some "gangs" with loud music and bright lights speeding along the pavements at nights. Another nuisance coming. 

↡ Advertisement

i think they wanna ban.

but no 1 got balls like LKY those days to go all out.

so they try to make it hard for u to use it la.

but without tough punishment for rules breaker, its useless,  

most sg ppl can afford the current punishment easily,

Agree with you.

If it is so easy to enforce on every user without licensing, then we don't have to ban many things in Singapore. 

People will try to find ways to conceal their wrong doings undetected as much as possible. Even in USA, with gun laws and licensings, some people still get around the laws and abuse it, carry illegal ones, going on rampages.

Yep... Nothing works short of total ban for these pesky e-scooters.

Bicycles are good enough. 

Edited by DACH

Just ban. Save a lot of resources from the govt and pavements are safer for everyone.

I have said it many times. Just ban! If not future people won't know how to walk! [bounce2]

• Praise 1

i think they wanna ban.

but no 1 got balls like LKY those days to go all out.

so they try to make it hard for u to use it la.

but without tough punishment for rules breaker, its useless,

most sg ppl can afford the current punishment easily,

1st major MRT breakdown was 2011.

That time LKY still around hor.

Divide the pavement also no use - now I am seeing food delivery motorcycles on the pavements more and more often. What makes you think the scooters/bikes would stick to their assigned paves (or pedestrians for that matter)?

Before PMD, what delivery guy mode of transport?

I have said it many times. Just ban! If not future people won't know how to walk! [bounce2]

Have you ever think why ppl use PMD?

By the way, you drive daily ho. U know how to walk or not?

Ban is good but it's never the solution . Right now education is the key. Whether it's successful or not still debatable

Sadly, in Asia, other than Japanese and Taiwanese, education doesn't seem to work in shaping civil behaviours.
  • Praise 1

Sadly, in Asia, other than Japanese and Taiwanese, education doesn't seem to work in shaping civil behaviours.

It is easier to ban. Does it help to change ppl behavior in the longer term?

i believe the introduction / implementation of PMD, like everything else today, no planning or think through.

we want to promote a healthier lifestyle ask people to do more exercise, walk more and dont take lift instead walk up and down the stairs - then PMD for what?

already at the word go, many said speed limit a bit high, like roads - you say speed limit 80 people will drive at just below 90 because they know TP will not catch, so reality PMD speed would be higher, now drop PMD speed to 10, BTW you know those motorized wheelchairs can go faster than 10

funny why we must make life so complicated here

first implement something

then add restriction rule 1

then add minor amendment to rule 1

again later change rule 1 and replaced by rule 2

and so on

this is NOT FINE TUNING but just shear poor planning / implementation

• Praise 3

i believe the introduction / implementation of PMD, like everything else today, no planning or think through.

we want to promote a healthier lifestyle ask people to do more exercise, walk more and dont take lift instead walk up and down the stairs - then PMD for what?

already at the word go, many said speed limit a bit high, like roads - you say speed limit 80 people will drive at just below 90 because they know TP will not catch, so reality PMD speed would be higher, now drop PMD speed to 10, BTW you know those motorized wheelchairs can go faster than 10

and so on

I think the key thing is 6.9m population and more, so need to open up more options for short point to point travel.   [laugh]

Only the helpless will suggest BAN.

I am helpless.. BAN!!

Or jail term!! For the bike/e scooters offenders

Edited by BenTong
  • Praise 2

and so on

It was not introduced at all.

Rather, LTA was forced to legalize it.

• Praise 3

I am helpless.. BAN!!

Or jail term!! For the bike/e scooters offenders

The problem is Singaporeans are law abiding.

Errants PMD would have been whacked overseas if they do the same stunts.

I think the key thing is 6.9m population and more, so need to open up more options for short point to point travel. [laugh]

Places with poor accessibility will have higher usage of PMD.

Come to estate to see got PMD or not.

Why wait for enforcement?

See 1 errant user, whack 1 lo

Right. No need to wait.

见一个, 打一个。

卖图料。

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4