Disney Christmas light-up in Orchard Road this 2018

ChaosMyth

I went down Orchard Road during Deepavali Day the lights are already on...... sibeh underwhelming.

I think is the "no colour" scheme and very repetitive patterns in the decor..... <_<

Luckily I was there not just for the lights...just happen to see it lighted up while driving home from Ngee Ann City towards the Plaza Sing portion.

I saw the lights are on last sun, lights look dim and all like one mono colour blue. Maybe they have not fully switch on all lights yet?

I do wonder why we don't use our own local history and culture characters to celebrate Christmas.

Isn't it occasion for nation bonding

as for tourist, there are better places,to see mice and ducks.

• Praise 3

I do wonder why we don't use our own local history and culture characters to celebrate Christmas.

What history? Sang nila utama? Mr Kiasu? Courtesy lion? This is not national day le.

Besides, no one (locals included) gives a shit about local cultural characters.

Edited by Mockngbrd
  • Praise 2

Zoo or wet market? Edited by DACH
  • Praise 1

official lights up on 10 November.

Official lights up tomorrow ah, no wonder the lights looks so dim. So they did not switch on all the lights yet.

• Praise 1

You think our present gov will do it ?????

Give you $300 and already from Dec 29, transport fare increase and that $300/- wipe out with 2 months for some commuters ... :a-m1524:  

If not mistaken, all those decorations along Orchard Road are consolidated funding from all the shops, buildings & hotels, ... etc. :lll._.:   

• Praise 1

Official lights up tomorrow ah, no wonder the lights looks so dim. So they did not switch on all the lights yet.

You so early go there to watch lightings har.....   :slow:  Batteries not fully charged up yet ... :secret-laugh:

Best time to watch is on Christmas eve 11.00 pm to 1.00 am... :a-happy:

Traveling to Japan in end of the Dec. Looking forward to see the Christmas light in Tokyo and Sapporo.

Our Christmas light in Orchard road are getting from bad to worst.

The so call Christmas market at Garden By the Bay is also a joke.

Traveling to Japan in end of the Dec. Looking forward to see the Christmas light in Tokyo and Sapporo.

Our Christmas light in Orchard road are getting from bad to worst.

The so call Christmas market at Garden By the Bay is also a joke.

Everything in sg is a joke la.  -_-

You so early go there to watch lightings har.....   :slow:  Batteries not fully charged up yet ... :secret-laugh:

Best time to watch is on Christmas eve 11.00 pm to 1.00 am... :a-happy:

Just happen at orchard on that day la, then i see the lights already on, thought already official lights up liao. So i thought to myself how come the lights not nice de, all looks the same and dimly lighted.