Unpaid and Abused!

RadX

Abuse and unpaid as a mod!  Esp by that ccb @ash2017 and @staff69

But MCF ok lah

except for @angcheek alwes harrasing @babyblade

hahhahaha

https://www.engadget.com/2018/08/31/reddit-moderators-speak-out/

Unpaid and abused: Moderators speak out against Reddit Keeping Reddit free of racism, sexism and spam comes with a mental health risk.

omewhere out there, a man wants to rape Emily. She knows this because he was painfully clear in typing out his threat. In fact, he's just one of a group of people who wish her harm.

For the past four years, Emily has volunteered to moderate the content on several sizable subreddits -- large online discussion forums -- including r/news, with 16.3 million subscribers, and r/london, with 114,000 subscribers. But Reddit users don't like to be moderated.

In a joint investigation, Engadget and Point spoke to 10 Reddit moderators, and all of them complained that Reddit is systematically failing to tackle the abuse they suffer. Keeping the front page of the internet clean has become a thankless and abusive task, and yet Reddit's administration has repeatedly neglected to respond to moderators who report offenses.

"I've had a few death threats," said Emily, who asked to be referred to by her first name and her Reddit username, lolihull, to prevent the online harassment from spilling over into her real life. "And when people find out you're a woman, you get rape threats." That's why Emily tries not to mention she's a woman on Reddit: The torrent of abuse is far less likely to turn sexual.

"People are willing to dedicate their time to make you feel threatened for the hell of it," she said.

Some messages are direct and succinct. One sent to Emily reads, "I hope you get shot in the face with a bullet."

But others are profoundly disturbing and more creative. In one rambling attack, a Redditor told Emily, "I want you to get cancer because I wanna see your own body killing you. I want you to get cancer, your mother, sister, brother, father, grandparents I want them all to get cancer and when they open their mouths I wanna piss in them. I f**king hate you. You nasty disgusting slut f**kmeat."

Further down in the diatribe he adds, "I want you to come across a mean STD nigger and he tears your shit hole up so bad you'll never ever have to push your shit out."

Emily, a moderator for several popular subreddits

Emily's experience is far from unique.

"I had three death threats this past month," said abrownn, who moderates r/Futurology, with more than 13 million subscribers, and r/technology, with more than 6 million subscribers. abrownn asked only to be known by their username.

All the moderators interviewed confirmed they had received death threats, which they said can take a toll.

"Even if you're having the best day, reading a message like 'I'm going to kill you' or 'walk in front of a bus,' is shitty," said Robert Allam, Chief Marketing Officer at Supload, an online sharing platform. Known by his username, GallowBoob, Allam moderates r/tifu ("today I f**ked up"), where more than 13 million subscribers share their schadenfreude anecdotes, and r/oddlysatisfying, where 1.8 million subscribers post content that is inexplicably satisfying to watch.

Reddit overtook Facebook this year to become the third most popular website in the US, behind Google and YouTube. At its best, Reddit is a place where people discuss topics with other like-minded individuals; there are subreddits devoted to just about any topic imaginable -- there's even one for people who like to Photoshop human arms onto pictures of birds.

At its worst, Reddit is awash with sexist threads, spam and threats. It's down to an army of dedicated volunteer moderators to keep Reddit clean -- and they too often get caught in the crossfire.

https://youtu.be/jpFTtmALiS0

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5

walau .... its coming 

ownself praise ownself

ownself protect ownself

ownself steady ownself

but seriously if you ignore the undertaker's bitchi- ness and haolian-ness, he is like all of us.

he got some principles 

actually I really like to meet him in person but I frighten he draw turtles on my car, put nails on wheels or pour water into my fuel tank

one day we will

But MCF ok lah

hahhahaha

https://www.engadget.com/2018/08/31/reddit-moderators-speak-out/

Unpaid and abused: Moderators speak out against Reddit Keeping Reddit free of racism, sexism and spam comes with a mental health risk.

omewhere out there, a man wants to rape Emily. She knows this because he was painfully clear in typing out his threat. In fact, he's just one of a group of people who wish her harm.

For the past four years, Emily has volunteered to moderate the content on several sizable subreddits -- large online discussion forums -- including r/news, with 16.3 million subscribers, and r/london, with 114,000 subscribers. But Reddit users don't like to be moderated.

In a joint investigation, Engadget and Point spoke to 10 Reddit moderators, and all of them complained that Reddit is systematically failing to tackle the abuse they suffer. Keeping the front page of the internet clean has become a thankless and abusive task, and yet Reddit's administration has repeatedly neglected to respond to moderators who report offenses.

"I've had a few death threats," said Emily, who asked to be referred to by her first name and her Reddit username, lolihull, to prevent the online harassment from spilling over into her real life. "And when people find out you're a woman, you get rape threats." That's why Emily tries not to mention she's a woman on Reddit: The torrent of abuse is far less likely to turn sexual.

"People are willing to dedicate their time to make you feel threatened for the hell of it," she said.

Some messages are direct and succinct. One sent to Emily reads, "I hope you get shot in the face with a bullet."

But others are profoundly disturbing and more creative. In one rambling attack, a Redditor told Emily, "I want you to get cancer because I wanna see your own body killing you. I want you to get cancer, your mother, sister, brother, father, grandparents I want them all to get cancer and when they open their mouths I wanna piss in them. I f**king hate you. You nasty disgusting slut f**kmeat."

Further down in the diatribe he adds, "I want you to come across a mean STD nigger and he tears your shit hole up so bad you'll never ever have to push your shit out."

Emily, a moderator for several popular subreddits

Emily's experience is far from unique.

"I had three death threats this past month," said abrownn, who moderates r/Futurology, with more than 13 million subscribers, and r/technology, with more than 6 million subscribers. abrownn asked only to be known by their username.

All the moderators interviewed confirmed they had received death threats, which they said can take a toll.

"Even if you're having the best day, reading a message like 'I'm going to kill you' or 'walk in front of a bus,' is shitty," said Robert Allam, Chief Marketing Officer at Supload, an online sharing platform. Known by his username, GallowBoob, Allam moderates r/tifu ("today I f**ked up"), where more than 13 million subscribers share their schadenfreude anecdotes, and r/oddlysatisfying, where 1.8 million subscribers post content that is inexplicably satisfying to watch.

Reddit overtook Facebook this year to become the third most popular website in the US, behind Google and YouTube. At its best, Reddit is a place where people discuss topics with other like-minded individuals; there are subreddits devoted to just about any topic imaginable -- there's even one for people who like to Photoshop human arms onto pictures of birds.

At its worst, Reddit is awash with sexist threads, spam and threats. It's down to an army of dedicated volunteer moderators to keep Reddit clean -- and they too often get caught in the crossfire.

https://youtu.be/jpFTtmALiS0

Edited by Ash2017
  • Praise 4

But MCF ok lah

BB is paid to put up with angcheek leh.

BB is paid to put up with angcheek leh.

yah man...she must be getting a hefty sum...

she must be one of those crazy rich asian nia

To put up with @angcheek nonsense......nothing less than non-mediocre level of $501K PA will do... :D

yah man...she must be getting a hefty sum...

she must be one of those crazy rich asian nia

• Praise 1

To put up with @angcheek nonsense......nothing less than non-mediocre level of $501K PA will do... :D

i also say.... hahahah

Chey.. At first when I see the title, I thought which maid kenna abused and unpaid again.. hahaha.. So it turns out to be our Mods.. Poor things.. Sayang you all ah :XD:  :grin: .. @Radx, @carbon82, @jman888, @spring

walau .... its coming

ownself praise ownself

ownself protect ownself

ownself steady ownself

but seriously if you ignore the undertaker's bitchi- ness and haolian-ness, he is like all of us.

he got some principles

actually I really like to meet him in person but I frighten he draw turtles on my car, put nails on wheels or pour water into my fuel tank

one day we will

得饶人处且饶人。。

得饶人处且饶人。。

true very true

he said he forgive but the bugger never say he will forget

but for me i forgive and forget

actually it is so easy to get the wrong meaning in a forum

after being awhile here these are the few things that i notice

some people meant well but kena tekan because others interpret wrongly

some people have good hard, sacrifice themselves to be kena so that others will benefit and not make the same mistake, also kena tekan by the same people whom they try to help

so in the end, what I learn, at the end of the day, let everything go and start anew

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1