Traffic Electronic Signboard

Ody_2004

I stay in the northeast. Everyday i will use KPE towards city to work and back.

Often at the entrance of KPE we will see "Slope Ahead, slow down", "Heavy Traffic at Airport Road exit", "Accident after Airport Road Exit"

Do you think such sign is useful? There's no alternative at all (for those who live in north east you know). 

Most time i feel it slow the traffic further as driver try to anticipate where is the Jam/accident. And often there's no accident at all or it been cleared. 

Would love to hear your view.

↡ Advertisement

It's warning drivers to slow down and get ready to brake. Useful. And if you are running late you can use your handsfree kit to call/text whoever and let them know you will be late. Tell them to add 15 to 20mins to their waiting time. [laugh]

I know ppl don't bother to call when they are running late. They wait for ppl to call them. That's the culture here. I don't do that. By letting ppl know or estimate the time those waiting for you know they can go do or buy something to occupy that time. The sign board fore warning drivers is actually useful to me.

Go try what I mentioned. Not knowing will actually make you more frustrated. Ppl waiting for you won't be so pissed.

Edited by Watwheels
  • Praise 3

damn if you do, damn if u dun...

you cannot please all........... really

Yeah. There are also useful apps out there to make things easy. Like Waze to see the distance of the hold up. If you don't want to call whoever is waiting for you you can send a Glympse update to the person. He/she can see where you are and how slow you are moving. It's like temporary tracking. You can set/extend the tracking time. So many things drivers can do.

I stay in the northeast. Everyday i will use KPE towards city to work and back.

Often at the entrance of KPE we will see "Slope Ahead, slow down", "Heavy Traffic at Airport Road exit", "Accident after Airport Road Exit"

Do you think such sign is useful? There's no alternative at all (for those who live in north east you know). 

Most time i feel it slow the traffic further as driver try to anticipate where is the Jam/accident. And often there's no accident at all or it been cleared. 

Would love to hear your view.

IMHO,  it is unlikely for the people living in the north east.  It serves as a reminder for those exiting via Airport Road to filter early.

Just before the KPE entrance, there is a lot of traffic movement because of speeding vehicles from Buangkok East Dr wanting to move quickly to lane 1 making it difficult for vehicles fed by TPE wanting to exit to Tampines Rd.   The traffic movement of vehicles from Buangkok East Dr wanting to move quickly to lane 1 continues event after the down slope at the ERP gantry.  

• Praise 1

for speed camera, don't give warning  people complain cheng hu no money so need take from citizens. give you warning, you ask put speed cam for what.....

same for electronic signs... is to warn you to slow down so as to lessen possibility of accidents especially for those who just chiong ti ti.....

it is not to ask you look for alternative lar.... if you want alternative, plan it before you drive

• Praise 1

useful reminder because this stretch is a hot area for accident. either u go slow in a slow traffic or if without reminder wait for an accident and can't even go slow. 

↡ Advertisement