Veteran SG diplomat calls on gays to challenge sex ban

inlinesix

Frankly speaking, its time to take a positive stance towards gays. What is wrong with being gay?

Members of certain religion will tell it is wrong.

God created Adam and Eve. Not Adam and Adam or Eve and Eve.

Lesbians are sexy.

Lesbians are sexy.

Religion is preventing 2 people of the same sex gender from being together . I thought Singapore govt always say that religions must be tolerant of one another?
  • Dislike 1

I think the message is simple and clear. Whatever gay men want they will have to fight for it. The law will not change on its own. Opinions will not change the law. Straight ppl will not give a fly f what they want. So they have to fight for what they want.

How to fight? Don't ask me, I don't give a flying f. [laugh]

• Praise 1

I think the message is simple and clear. Whatever gay men want they will have to fight for it. The law will not change on its own. Opinions will not change the law. Straight ppl will not give a fly f what they want. So they have to fight for what they want.

How to fight? Don't ask me, I don't give a flying f. [laugh]

Isn't pink dot such a campaign?

Isn't pink dot such a campaign?

Yeah. But who do you think governs our law? The lightning party right or not?

Legalising such unholy matrimony gives way to things like buying hdb, getting grants, adoptions and many other issues the lightning party don't want to deal with.

Just think about it whatever normal couples have access to they also have access too. Are we ready for that?

• Praise 2

Yeah. But who do you think governs our law? The lightning party right or not?

Legalising such unholy matrimony gives way to things like buying hdb, getting grants, adoptions and many other issues the lightning party don't want to deal with.

Just think about it whatever normal couples have access to they also have access too. Are we ready for that?

I'm ok up to officially decriminalizing gay sex only.

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 1

I'm ok up to officially decriminalizing gay sex only.

Already mentioned above. Although it's not legal for gay men to have sex but few have been prosecuted.

So do anything but don't get caught. Why stir the hornet's nest?

The huha is about whether next time father and father of all divorces is marriage. 

The father and Mother of all divorces is marriage! So donts know what’s the Huha all about?

Our constitution and law system is secular in nature. 

It's just that the judicial system and penal code is inherited from the British with it being heavily influenced by centuries of Christianity dominance. 

Time to clear the attic. 

Lesbians are sexy.

Our constitution and law system is secular in nature.

It's just that the judicial system and penal code is inherited from the British with it being heavily influenced by centuries of Christianity dominance.

Time to clear the attic.

I don't see it happening. Not with 3 major religions definitely going to oppose.

The fact that govt clamped down on foreign left leaning organisations sponsoring pink dot is one indicator. It could be a matter of principle but I don't think they want to tread this prickly minefield.

Though I'm left leaning in this aspect, as what watwheels say, i think for many Singaporeans, they'd rather not be bothered.

Most Singaporeans are more bothered by bread and butter issues than these matters which does not affect majority. Why stick out their neck for something that does not affect them? 

With regards to govt not wanting to tread the prickly minefield..... I remembered someone wearing pink saying out loud that the govt is not afraid to take difficult Issues head on and make tough decisions.  :D

Anyway, I am not vested.  :D

I don't see it happening. Not with 3 major religions definitely going to oppose.

The fact that govt clamped down on foreign left leaning organisations sponsoring pink dot is one indicator. It could be a matter of principle but I don't think they want to tread this prickly minefield.

Though I'm left leaning in this aspect, as what watwheels say, i think for many Singaporeans, they'd rather not be bothered.

• Praise 1

Most Singaporeans are more bothered by bread and butter issues than these matters which does not affect majority. Why stick out their neck for something that does not affect them?

With regards to govt not wanting to tread the prickly minefield..... I remembered someone wearing pink saying out loud that the govt is not afraid to take difficult Issues head on and make tough decisions. :D

Anyway, I am not vested. :D

Your wife would be glad to note the last point.
  • Praise 1

I only know 2 religions will oppose. Only 1 will stay silent.

Look at Taiwan legalized same sex marriage

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1