Veteran SG diplomat calls on gays to challenge sex ban

inlinesix

I wonder if hidus are more accepting .. like the Thais.

Cos this really is about imposing religion most of the times by self proclaim guardians of society.

Perhaps the Christian and Muslim pressure groups don't have the kind of outsized influence on state matters in india.

The interesting thing is that all this social change (this and the homosexuality decriminalisation) are happening under a supposed right-wing government.

I wonder what that useless left-wing Congress government was doing for so long while it had power. :D

(you may not know what I'm talking about if you're not up on Indian politics).

Edited by Turboflat4
↡ Advertisement

Anyway I don't see what all this fuss is about. It's not like Tommy Koh is coming out (no pun intended) in favour of gay rights. All he's saying is, if you care enough about it, fight for it (yourself).

He could just as easily have said, "If you believe marijuana should be legal, challenge the law against it!". It's just as empty a sentiment.

Then again, a certain important young man came out recently, so a decriminalisation may well have been in the offing anyway.

Well... maybe that man had the wrong father... he is NOT my son.

Wait long long

I have nothing against gays it's the bis I don't like.

Please stick to chasing men and leave the ladies to those of us who only like women.

So I am all for gay men having more gay sex legally.

:D

BTW anyone know if oral sex is still illegal?

• Praise 2

I have nothing against gays it's the bis I don't like.

Please stick to chasing men and leave the ladies to those of us who only like women.

So I am all for gay men having more gay sex legally.

BTW anyone know if oral sex is still illegal?

On man or woman ?  :D

• Praise 3

Anyway I don't see what all this fuss is about. It's not like Tommy Koh is coming out (no pun intended) in favour of gay rights. All he's saying is, if you care enough about it, fight for it (yourself).

He could just as easily have said, "If you believe marijuana should be legal, challenge the law against it!". It's just as empty a sentiment.

Actually I think his key point was not just or maybe even about 377..

His seems specifically targeting religious interference in state matters. Events in the recent years have been rather worrying.

The takeaway I feel is..

1) why was it him and not the ministers who spoke out about such interference.

2) WHY was it still even happening today.

377 is actually a simple matter compared to that.

• Praise 1

Actually I think his key point was not just or maybe even about 377..

His seems specifically targeting religious interference in state matters. Events in the recent years have been rather worrying.

The takeaway I feel is..

1) why was it him and not the ministers who spoke out about such interference.

2) WHY was it still even happening today.

377 is actually a simple matter compared to that.

The modern world has countries pretending to be secular by dressing up religiosity as "conservatism". SG is not the only one.

The modern world has countries pretending to be secular by dressing up religiosity as "conservatism". SG is not the only one.

Religiosity is just one angle.

I think even among free-thinkers in SG, there is considerable homophobia, which is uncomfortable to acknowledge or admit, so it ends up being called "conservatism" too.

• Praise 4

This is taking it too far. An australian male handball athlete alowed to compete in a woman's tournament because he felt he's a woman despite still having a cox. These days some dude will enter a female toilet because he identifies as a female.

Easy way to get an olympic medal too.

Mouncey decided to transition while in Qatar to compete in a 2016 Summer Olympics qualifying tournament (Mens'),[6] and began hormone therapy in November 2015.[7] She provided news of her decision to her mother while still in Qatar, prior to informing other friends and family, and publicly identified as a woman in May 2016.[7]

hannah-mouncey.jpg

2z4ab0n.jpg

Edited by Karoon
  • Praise 1

This is taking it too far. An australian male handball athlete alowed to compete in a woman's tournament because he felt he's a woman despite still having a cox. These days some dude will enter a female toilet because he identifies as a female.

Easy way to get an olympic medal too.

hannah-mouncey.jpg

2z4ab0n.jpg

I support her.

↡ Advertisement