Miscommunication/Funny incidents with Maid.....

Freeder

Eureka moment again...

Let’s start from here,

Ask her buy minced pork... come back with mee pok... I jitao peng san..

Must tell her chop chop pork...

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 11

Reminds me of some aging rock star getting a pair of wrinkled jeans

and his poor maid saw it and painstakingly ironed out every one of the

wrinkles. Took her a lot of effort and she never complained.

:D

versuchskind-berlin-germany-2014-2015-fa

Edited by Jamesc
  • Praise 5

Eureka moment again...

Let’s start from here,

Ask her buy minced pork... come back with mee pok... I jitao peng san..

Must tell her chop chop pork...

At least you guys have maid at home, lighten the house chores, give you free time to pursue your own interests. In my case, except for brief periods of attempt to employ maids, none lasted, and now for many years since, chores are all DIY in my household. [laugh] So standards lax a bit, only can do the necessary things like laundry and washing up done daily. Even ironing goes out the window, except for special occasions at work that calls for more presentability.

If you can tolerate the maid's minor idiosyncrasies and mistakes, do treasure their contribution to your improved quality of life!

Edited by Sosaria
  • Praise 1

Something off topic but wanna share here since its about maids. Perhaps those who hire maids should ensure they have some proficiency of English and best if some knowledge of first aid. At least English language proficiency to a certain level.

This is because throughout my career, an incident finding is that many a times the maid is alone with the elderly. And if the elderly needs emergency medical help, it is the maid who has to speak to emergency responders simply because she is the one on the phone with the emergency crew (ever considered you might not be reachable at a crucial time and the maid has to call for the police or ambulance?). Or if she has to seek emergency help from neighbours, a reasonable command of english language is useful.

• Praise 2

Reminds me of some aging rock star getting a pair of wrinkled jeans

and his poor maid saw it and painstakingly ironed out every one of the

wrinkles. Took her a lot of effort and she never complained.

:D

versuchskind-berlin-germany-2014-2015-fa

oh....wrinkled jeans is a trend har? I never practised ironing my jeans since i was in sec 3....
  • Praise 1

those guys probably also iron their underwear..... :D

i see some guys do. For me....i will just take and wear. Wrinkled or not i just heckare.....

• Praise 1

Brought my previous Indonesian maid with us to a sushi restaurant once. Ordered shashimi and sushi. Her eyes opened wide with disbelief when she pointed out that the fish was uncooked and then she saw us eat it!! What barbarians we are. 

[nod] 

• Praise 2

Brought my previous Indonesian maid with us to a sushi restaurant once. Ordered shashimi and sushi. Her eyes opened wide with disbelief when she pointed out that the fish was uncooked and then she saw us eat it!! What barbarians we are.

[nod]

Go home dinner take whole raw fish put on plate??
  • Praise 1

my mom once asked the new maid to fry the fishcakes that she bought for dinner.  When I came back from work, the whole house smelt very fragrant, turns out the maid used sesame oil to fry the fishcakes.  I was secretly hoping that the fishcakes would taste special... but unfortunately, they tasted the same as usual.... just must more fragrant