NS policeman suicide

DACH

Appears to be a suicide.

RIP.

Full-time Police NSman, 23, dies from gunshot wound to his head

https://www.todayonline.com/singapore/full-time-police-nsman-23-dies-gunshot-wound

SINGAPORE — A full-time Police National Serviceman was found with a gunshot wound to his head at the Protective Security Command on Ulu Pandan Road, the police said in a statement on Sunday (Sept 9).

Police said the 23-year-old serviceman had reported for duty at 8am on Monday (Sept 3) and had drawn his service revolver from the armoury.

He was later found with a gunshot wound to his head at 3.20pm, with his service revolver beside him.

He was taken unconscious to the National University Hospital and succumbed to his injuries on Sunday.

Preliminary investigations by the Criminal Investigation Department revealed that he was heard arguing on the phone shortly before he was found with the gunshot wound.

The police have classified the case as an unnatural death, and the circumstances relating to it are being investigated. No foul play is suspected.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

90% of suicide is caused by a mental illness, primarily depression. Depression is a medical condition that requires medication and medical treatment, not something you can will yourself out of. There may be stress, love lost etc, but once there is depression, the person needs to be medically treated.

• Praise 8

i dont think is NS related issue.

It's not stated in the article what the reason is.

But sometimes people have depression due to family, money or bfgf matters. If the ns commander doesn't give them the required personal time to sort out these issues, then yes. I'd still say it is ns related.

Edited by Kusje

The older generations are like cockroach, the younger generations are like butterfly.

Older generations were "influence" to be tough and hardworking in order to survive.

Younger generations are "influence" to a be a "show" person. They are sensitive on how others see them.

Different upbringing. Hence the "value" of living are different.

• Praise 3

It's not stated in the article what the reason is.

But sometimes people have depression due to family, money or bfgf matters. If the ns commander doesn't give them the required personal time to sort out these issues, then yes. I'd still say it is ns related.

ok. noted.

let wait for more details from the press.

what caught my eyes was the use of fire arm to commit suicide.

Frigthening just the thought of it regardless service personnel or gemeral public.

The older generations are like cockroach, the younger generations are like butterfly.

Older generations were "influence" to be tough and hardworking in order to survive.

Younger generations are "influence" to a be a "show" person. They are sensitive on how others see them.

Different upbringing. Hence the "value" of living are different.

It seems like a given that one generation will diss the next one, for something or the other. Maybe it is the fashionable thing to do, I don't know.

To put another perspective on things, when I was young jumping from HDB flats was much more common than now. So what does that say about the toughness of the older generation vs. the new?

• Praise 2

It seems like a given that one generation will diss the next one, for something or the other. Maybe it is the fashionable thing to do, I don't know.

To put another perspective on things, when I was young jumping from HDB flats was much more common than now. So what does that say about the toughness of the older generation vs. the new?

Recently there was some news about increasing elderly suicide rates also.

It seems like a given that one generation will diss the next one, for something or the other. Maybe it is the fashionable thing to do, I don't know.

Also.. pre social media explosion, you die also no one will know.

Dark things were always there.. just that the old days were sometimes not bright enough to expose them to mass scrutiny

• Praise 3

My guess is because of break up.

Young people needs to learn to treasure life more.

May he rest in peace.

When I think back to when I was in my 20s, life was full of possibilities, being young, free and single. Of course there were setbacks, but don't think anything could put me down seriously. Young, free and single FTW. Can't imagine how anyone of that age could be so depressed as to take own life, except if stricken by some terminal illness or permanent disability.

But of course, the youth need to reach middle and old age, and experience its attendant troubles and responsibilities, before they can fully appreciate to treasure their freer, younger years, unfortunately ...

Edited by Sosaria
  • Praise 3

:a-rip:

My ex-working place. Very cosy area . :that-dood-is-up-to-something:

Ex SAF Military Camp & Police Dog Unit. :=B:

also my FIL ex-workplace, was it also the military vehicle unit (truck) then?  

↡ Advertisement