Political office holders rcv avg bonus of 4mths in last 5yrs

Theoldjaffa

These bunch of highly paid mofos have been "lethal striking" Singaporeans for years.

Everything goes up, except our pay! :D

No le

I jus got promoted

Hahhahahha

No le

I jus got promoted

Hahhahahha

Talking about pay increase lah. Promotion has nothing to do with it. @wyfitms will attest to that

Talking about pay increase lah. Promotion has nothing to do with it. @wyfitms will attest to that ððð

Hahahhah ya ha

He promote but do more work and no $$$

Hahhahah

These bunch of highly paid mofos have been "lethal striking" Singaporeans for years.

Everything goes up, except our pay! :D

No wor... They claim we got how many how many % salary increase year on year lei. Limbei can't feel them cos Limbei 5 years no adjustment liao! What rubbish birds they talking?

Most of us DON'T appreciate  it is so MUCH MUCH more than just an out of this universe salary.

All their cries about leaving office without anymore significant income unless they are USA president who gives speech and write books.

They forgot to remind you many things and here are a few:

1. accountability - for them it is too often an honest mistake and lets move on. The current USA President (regardless whether is a rich or poor) he asked for just US$1 as salary. If he does not do well for the country this would be his last 4 years as Mr President.

2. Intangible benefits - it is NOT corruption BUT a real facts of life; proof - those of you remember Scott's condo purchase issue (heavily discounted price); housing, travel and children's education benefits; great business opportunities (when you hold important position, expect people to look for you and not the other way round even when you leave office because people still think you got connections) - for self, immediate families (many of them hold important position in public and private sectors - don't believe go see government directories); MPs (not sure about Ministers) but some have more than 50 plus directorships.

3. Keep pushing back retirement age for the public but for them time stand still at 50 or 55 years old.

3. After term of service - many after leaving office appear to be parachuted into highly paid air-conditioned job. The funny thing is I cannot and have not found an explanation - why everybody got CPF but these same politicians who created CPF for our good did not take advantage of the CPF scheme but instead they keep the pension scheme for themselves - do they know something we don't?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cabinet_of_Singapore

At present, persons who have reached the age of 50 years and retired as MPs and who have served in this capacity for not less than nine years may be granted a PENSION FOR THE REST OF THEIR LIVES. The annual amount payable is ​1⁄30 of the person's highest annual salary for every completed year of service and ​1⁄360 for every uncompleted year, up to a CEILING OF 2/3s OF THE MEMBER'S ANNUAL SALARY.

In addition, a retired MP who is at least 50 years old and has for not less than eight years held the office of Prime Minister, Deputy Prime Minister, Senior Minister or Minister may receive an additional pension each year of ​1⁄27 of his or her highest annual salary for each completed year of service and ​1⁄324 for each uncompleted year, subject again to a ceiling of two-thirds of the office-holder's annual salary.

Members who have reached the age of 55 years and have served not less than eight years as Ministers may be granted a pension even if they have not yet ceased to hold office.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

I believe NOBODY disagree to pay anybody in that position well or VERY Well  if they do a good job, that is, taking care of their citizens. 

• Praise 4

Most of us DON'T appreciate it is so MUCH MUCH more than just an out of this universe salary.

All their cries about leaving office without anymore significant income unless they are USA president who gives speech and write books.

They forgot to remind you many things and here are a few:

1. accountability - for them it is too often an honest mistake and lets move on. The current USA President (regardless whether is a rich or poor) he asked for just US$1 as salary. If he does not do well for the country this would be his last 4 years as Mr President.

Intangible benefits - it is NOT corruption BUT a real facts of life; proof - those of you remember Scott's condo purchase issue (heavily discounted price); housing, travel and children's education benefits; great business opportunities (when you hold important position, expect people to look for you and not the other way round even when you leave office because people still think you got connections) - for self, immediate families (many of them hold important position in public and private sectors - don't believe go see government directories); MPs (not sure about Ministers) but some have more than 50 plus directorships.

3. Keep pushing back retirement age for the public but for them time stand still at 50 or 55 years old.

3. After term of service - many after leaving office appear to be parachuted into highly paid air-conditioned job. The funny thing is I cannot and have not found an explanation - why everybody got CPF but these same politicians who created CPF for our good did not take advantage of the CPF scheme but instead they keep the pension scheme for themselves - do they know something we don't?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cabinet_of_Singapore

At present, persons who have reached the age of 50 years and retired as MPs and who have served in this capacity for not less than nine years may be granted a PENSION FOR THE REST OF THEIR LIVES. The annual amount payable is â1â30 of the person's highest annual salary for every completed year of service and â1â360 for every uncompleted year, up to a CEILING OF 2/3s OF THE MEMBER'S ANNUAL SALARY.

In addition, a retired MP who is at least 50 years old and has for not less than eight years held the office of Prime Minister, Deputy Prime Minister, Senior Minister or Minister may receive an additional pension each year of â1â27 of his or her highest annual salary for each completed year of service and â1â324 for each uncompleted year, subject again to a ceiling of two-thirds of the office-holder's annual salary.

Members who have reached the age of 55 years and have served not less than eight years as Ministers may be granted a pension even if they have not yet ceased to hold office.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

I believe NOBODY disagree to pay anybody in that position well or VERY Well if they do a good job, that is, taking care of their citizens.

Okay. If they are all super highly paid because the majority voted for it, that I have nothing to say. But to even feed these mofos who are already highly paid before retirement with the pension scheme, I see no point.

And I completely agree with you they should just learn how to survive on CPF handouts as I'm sure they have no problems meeting CPF withdrawal minimum sum. Scrap the pension scheme and save us taxpayers the money. I can't imagine giving pension to "talents" like Mah Bow Tan,Raymond Lim, Wong Kan Seng, Lim Swee Say. CCB PAP...:D

• Praise 2

Include pension and $365/yr carpark?

Me thinks pension removed..for office holders but MPs gov or non gov still get pension Edited by BenTong

Normal civil servant don't have so much bonus la.

Average meaning the amount the normal will get, the high performers will get a lot more than average. Those who did not get the average will have to ask themselves why.

Average meaning the amount the normal will get, the high performers will get a lot more than average. Those who did not get the average will have to ask themselves why.

The average civil servant isn't a political office holder.

pension or no pension got diff meh?

while in office already make millionssssss

jiak beh liao

when leave office ...

can easily hold chairman and directorship sup sup water

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 1

But the best wayang happens up north..

They cut MP salary by 10% to RM 11K But no cut allowance. Allowances amount to Rm19K. The. They get a couple of million Rm development fund under the previous admin. Now they get only RM 500K.

So all in an MP in MY gets RM800K in total package.. Swee

Their MPs at least smarter....just quietly take.....they don't come out to tell their suffering citizens to use wifi and eat porridge....

But the best wayang happens up north..

They cut MP salary by 10% to RM 11K But no cut allowance. Allowances amount to Rm19K. The. They get a couple of million Rm development fund under the previous admin. Now they get only RM 500K.

So all in an MP in MY gets RM800K in total package.. Swee

Civil servants have the highest proportion of car owners in any industry.

They are definitely not underpaid and the job security is much better than in the private.

Just like their political masters.

Just my observation.

↡ Advertisement