Apple Event '18: iPhones XS, XS Max, XR, Apple Watch4, iOS12

therock

Ya. Thats what I thought. But after seeing the new iphone pricing, Note 9 also good deal.

Seems like every new iphone pricing is increasing.

one interesting feature for these new mobile is the dual sim, however not sure if Singapore is getting the esim version or dual sim slot as in China.

only china, HK and macao will get the dual sim slot.

all others get the esim + sim slot.

having esim is good.

In case we lost the phone, they hacker might be able to reformat the phone but they cant change the profile inside the esim. only the telco has the key to download the new profile for a new line.

of course, one can still unsolder the esim if he knows which chip is esim and only use the sim slot.

Flipping King Kong iPhone to buy poco nao!!!!!!!

Heard a lot of hype on poco f1 but the shortcoming of this phone is that it might not have HD or HDR when watching videos.

So when you are watching mosiac videos it may not be in full HD. [laugh]

• Praise 2

Heard a lot of hype on poco f1 but the shortcoming of this phone is that it might not have HD or HDR when watching videos.

So when you are watching mosiac videos it may not be in full HD. [laugh]

Poco is FHD+, still good for watching video on the phone screen, anyway quality still depends on the source of the footage.

Poco is FHD+, still good for watching video on the phone screen, anyway quality still depends on the source of the footage.

For those who want to watch Netflix will have to make do with 540p. Cannot be fixed with software updates.

But for the performance and price range poco is bang for buck smartphone.

Found the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAPa9Hftvtc

Edited by Watwheels

The iPhone XS Max 512gb price see till can faint as it is whopping $2349SGD, can buy a high end laptop with this price.

WoW might as well buy a MacBook Pro with this price [rolleyes]  

I guess this time round no more Lobang for Flippers liao  :XD:

Iphone OLED display still come from Samsung, no way iphone price will cheap.

LG are still not really successful in manufacturing OLED display.

So Apple still need to rely on Samsung supply.

BTW, OLED display manufacturing is not easy. That's what I can say

Iphone OLED display still come from Samsung, no way iphone price will cheap.

LG are still not really successful in manufacturing OLED display.

So Apple still need to rely on Samsung supply.

BTW, OLED display manufacturing is not easy. That's what I can say ð

Not that simple. I believe Japan display (subsidiary of Sharp) is still having teething problems trying to get their oled production up.

Not that simple. I believe Japan display (subsidiary of Sharp) is still having teething problems trying to get their oled production up.

I can explain to you more if meet during mu, but not in a forum

• Praise 1

Now in dilemma. 

Don't know want to spend SGD2,000 on the 256GB XS Max or spend SGD200 lower for the 64GB XS Max?

My storage usage for my current phone (including internal memory and external SD card) adds up to only about 45GB during this phone 3 year lifespan. That is only 28% of my total storage space for 3 years in my current phone (internal memory, 32GB and external SD card, 128GB).

Should I spend more money to buy decent phone with more storage space or save the money to buy the phone with smaller storage since my usage is so low? 

Seems like every new iphone pricing is increasing.

Now these phone manufacturers are all testing the limits of consumer prices, many are pushing beyond the 1k bar, and now Apple is pushing beyond the 2k boundary. 

Suddenly don't feel like I spent alot getting the Note 9.

Note 9 also not cheap now.

512GB already cost about SGD1,700.  [hur]

Now these phone manufacturers are all testing the limits of consumer prices, many are pushing beyond the 1k bar, and now Apple is pushing beyond the 2k boundary. 

Note 9 also not cheap now.

512GB already cost about SGD1,700.  [hur]

But $1700 is for 512GB and not many ppl will get the 512gb for samsung since it has the microsd slot. The iphone xs and xs max starting price is already close to the most expensive Note 9. Lol.

But apple knows they have the brand. There will be many people who will still buy the phones because it is an iphone.

Edited by Nzy

High SES spotted! :a-fun:

2K for phone.. :blink:

You not afraid LHL next NDR come out say "if life is tough, buy a refurbished iPhone 7 plus instead of Xs Max, please use WiFi and eat porridge.." 

[laugh]

Now in dilemma. 

Don't know want to spend SGD2,000 on the 256GB XS Max or spend SGD200 lower for the 64GB XS Max?

My storage usage for my current phone (including internal memory and external SD card) adds up to only about 45GB during this phone 3 year lifespan. That is only 28% of my total storage space for 3 years in my current phone (internal memory, 32GB and external SD card, 128GB).

Should I spend more money to buy decent phone with more storage space or save the money to buy the phone with smaller storage since my usage is so low? 

• Praise 1

High SES spotted! :a-fun:

2K for phone.. :blink:

You not afraid LHL next NDR come out say "if life is tough, buy a refurbished iPhone 7 plus instead of Xs Max, please use WiFi and eat porridge.."

[laugh]

Tell him to decrease his million dollars salaries by 70% first.

Life is tough because all these clowns overpaying themselves for the past decade.

Now in dilemma. 

No need to spend so much on a phone la. I believe 64GB is more than enough.

↡ Advertisement