The all new Lexus UX

DACH

Ya think I got it wrong that the hybrid is cheaper when in fact its more ex!

Actually Fit is quite spacious for a small car whereas the CHR is tight but maybe can extend like what u say but then again as some bros here mentioned, they don’t want to get into NX territory.

It's like that I think, due to added motor, hybrid battery and other hybrid components or circuitry, even if there's ves rebate. Max profit perhaps. Fit is spacious as the bonnet has been shortened. Physical dimension has to come from somewhere to make space for occupants and cargoes. I don't feel chr is as cramped, but the dark interior and ceiling lining, and the small rear quarter's windscreen somewhat feel claustrophobic. The very sloping tailgate though sporty compromises the cargo space significantly.

UX got a good review by ST yesterday.

Seems like it shares same platform as RAV4 but I thought it was CHR or do all 3 share the same platform?

post-48108-0-97974300-1551568866_thumb.jpeg

• Praise 7

(edited)

UX got a good review by ST yesterday.

Seems like it shares same platform as RAV4 but I thought it was CHR or do all 3 share the same platform?

Well broadly speaking all new Toyotas and Lexus, starting from the Prius onwards are based on the TNGA platform.

The smaller cars like CHR and UX use the TNGA-C platform while the larger ones (think Camry, ES, RAV4) use the TNGA-K version.

So Chris is not totally right to say that UX and RAV4 share the same platform.

Another 2 more platforms for longitudinal engines are TNGA-N (Crown, upcoming IS) and TNGA-L (LS, LC).

Edited by Toeknee_33
  • Praise 11

So Chris is not totally right to say that UX and RAV4 share the same platform.

Another 2 more platforms for longitudinal engines are TNGA-N (Crown, upcoming IS) and TNGA-L (LS, LC).

Actually he is unprofessional and wrong to say that they share the same platform. The wheelbases are different. If he cannot get such simple facts right, how do we trust his report.

Ah duh, your car park got any?

I drive around peak periods no see any.

You use which orifice to talk?

>

Just because I don't see any UX on the road, doesn't mean that they are all parked at home.

They could all be driving around somewhere else in Singapore, which we can't see. So what if you drive around peak periods and don't see? You drive in the whole of SG ah?

So you, by asking if they're all parked in carparks and not being used just because you didn't see them, is bird talk in my opinion.

Just like if someone can't see your brain, means you have no brain, is also bird talk. Right?

Just because I don't see any UX on the road, doesn't mean that they are all parked at home.

They could all be driving around somewhere else in Singapore, which we can't see. So what if you drive around peak periods and don't see? You drive in the whole of SG ah?

So you, by asking if they're all parked in carparks and not being used just because you didn't see them, is bird talk in my opinion.

Just like if someone can't see your brain, means you have no brain, is also bird talk. Right?

• Dislike 3

Actually he is unprofessional and wrong to say that they share the same platform. The wheelbases are different. If he cannot get such simple facts right, how do we trust his report.

Well, it's a half right and half wrong answer I guess. The general name for the platform is TNGA, but both cars use different versions of the platform.

Such is the marvel of common platform engineering is that the wheelbase and wheel track can be varied from 1 model to another. See for example the hatch and sedan version of the 12G Corolla - their wheelbase differ by 60mm.

Nothing constructive to say, just zip up lah.

>

That is a very constructive suggestion! But first apply it to yourself ya?

Well, it's a half right and half wrong answer I guess. The general name for the platform is TNGA, but both cars use different versions of the platform.

Such is the marvel of common platform engineering is that the wheelbase and wheel track can be varied from 1 model to another. See for example the hatch and sedan version of the 12G Corolla - their wheelbase differ by 60mm.

Bo li ai taichi you want to chap?
  • Dislike 3

Mr Theoldjaffa

If, since it was launched, and I am aware some have been sold, I expect to see a few OTR by now when I travel simply because I travel an elite route you do not. HAH!

Nothing constructive to say, just zip up lah.

>

Wow elite spotted. Congrats!

post-1798-0-24806000-1553182329.jpeg

Bro, it's ok la. He wanna turn gangsta liao so just stay away.

A lark is a bird, so just treat it as bird talk lor.

Or u can put him in the ignore list like what I'm gonna do.

Remove toxic people away from my reads.

↡ Advertisement