Chain accident on AYE 12 Sep 18

Watwheels

Was stuck at both directions of AYE yesterday evening peak hour. Was going to harbourfront, jam becos ppl kaypoh busy rubbernecking at the accident site in the opposite direction. After dinner and walk about to see the lantern thing at Vivo. Started heading home at around 8:30pm thinking it has cleared. Only to see the jam again. What's worst is that what seems to be the forensic police truck has only just arrived...trying to get to the accident site. Saw last wrecked car being cleared away. Saw the blue tent. Big claster-f of traffic police, police vehicles, tow trucks etc...so many ppl in uniforms standing around the area. Wonder what caused the accident. RIP to the biker.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/1-killed-2-injured-in-accident-involving-multiple-vehicles-aye-10709570

aye-accident-sep-12.jpg

SINGAPORE: A 33-year-old man was killed and two other men were injured in an accident involving six cars, two motorcycles and a lorry along the Ayer Rajah Expressway (AYE) on Wednesday (Sep 12). 

The police said they were informed at 5.19pm about the incident, which took place after the Lower Delta Road exit on the AYE towards Tuas. 

One male motorcyclist was found lying motionless and pronounced dead by paramedics at the scene. 

The two injured men, a 26-year-old passenger and a 29-year-old motorcyclist, were conscious when taken to the National University Hospital. 

Police said that investigations are ongoing. 

The accident caused a massive traffic jam during the evening peak hour. In a tweet at about 8pm, the Land Transport Authority (LTA) said congestion stretched until the Telok Blangah Road exit, as it advised motorists to avoid lanes 1 and 3.

In a subsequent tweet at 9.56pm, more than four hours after the accident happened, LTA said there was heavy traffic on the AYE towards Tuas after the Lower Delta Road exit. 

Earlier at about 6.30pm, SBS Transit tweeted that services 147E and 502 were delayed along the expressway towards Tuas due to an accident.

Source: CNA/hs/ng(ra)
Read more at https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/1-killed-2-injured-in-accident-involving-multiple-vehicles-aye-10709570

ST says the biker is M'sian...

http://www.asiaone.com/singapore/33-year-old-malaysian-man-killed-2-injured-after-accident-involving-9-vehicles-along-aye

One of the motorcyclists, the 33-year-old man, was found lying motionless and was pronounced dead at the scene by paramedics.

The Straits Times understands that the man is a Malaysian.

Edited by Watwheels
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 7

RIP to the biker.

Anyway, whenever there is accident on the road, confirmed and guaranteed chop will jam like hell, even the accident happened on the other side of the road!  [sweatdrop]

Yesterday at 6pm, I was on ECP joining AYE when I saw the massive (cars crawling at 5km/h) jam ahead and just managed to squeeze out to west coast highway (going to Vivo and Alexandra), rejoined AYE at Alexandra and near-zero cars - now realized accident was at lower delta area.

Yes the other direction towards city also full jam... all slow down to watch the "show" on the other direction ... WTF

Usually are those bikers from MY. Dunno why they always ride like this? Weaving and cut here and there.

I know the guy is someone’s father/son/etc but the way so many of them are riding, they are just rushing to meet their maker.

Usually are those bikers from MY. Dunno why they always ride like this? Weaving and cut here and there.

Rushing to beat the jam. My gardener is from MY and he travels from MY to sg everyday. When he knocks off in the evening, he rushes and hopes to beat the jam. If he is fast enough, he can reach home by 8pm. Or else, he'll reach home closer to 10pm.

• Praise 1

They nvr heard of "Better late then never" meh? Like this create danger to himself and other users on the roads here. 

Rushing to beat the jam. My gardener is from MY and he travels from MY to sg everyday. When he knocks off in the evening, he rushes and hopes to beat the jam. If he is fast enough, he can reach home by 8pm. Or else, he'll reach home closer to 10pm.

They nvr heard of "Better late then never" meh? Like this create danger to himself and other users on the roads here. 

For him, he feels if its time to go then he will go. Cuz he has to wake up at 4 the next morning to rush back to SG for work. If he reaches home at 10pm, by the time he has dinner he doesn't have any free time and needs to sleep. If he reaches home at 8pm, he can still see his children before they sleep and have dinner with them.

See that Toyota wish in 2nd lane abit diagonal, just behind the chain collision car. Hope he is not the one that cause the biker death due to his lane change due to impatienceness. This is also a reminder that if front car suddenly jam brake, it is better to jam brake and ramp into car infront then swing car out and then hit biker and cause fatal accident.

Proberly is the cone set up and only one lane passable. That's the best they could do. If not I think all lanes are not passable.

Edited by Yewheng
  • Praise 1

Safety is an attitude. No matter what the riding school teaches them, majority of them cannot understand what is safety
  • Praise 1

Proberly is the cone set up and only one lane passable. That's the best they could do. If not I think all lanes are not passable.

In many case, even one lane is closed also can jam like crazy. In this case if only one lane is passable, can imagine how bad the jam can be.

Edited by 13177

In many case, even one lane is closed also can jam like crazy. In this case if only lane is passable, can imagine how bad the jam can be.

If it happens in other countries, TP would kenna kan till backside open flower.

We are being pussy in a way.

It says that ''The traffic police were very efficient in clearing the accident site and ensuring that traffic resumed." But still crazily jam from 6pm to 8.50pm!  [sweatdrop] 

I think it dragged until 10pm and later...

In a subsequent tweet at 9.56pm, more than four hours after the accident happened, LTA said there was heavy traffic on the AYE towards Tuas after the Lower Delta Road exit.

Edited by Watwheels