Squealing/Squeaking brakes

Midorima

Hi all,

I currently drive an Audi Q3.

My car is a year+ old and about 20,000km+ of mileage.

The brakes used to only squeal/squeak a bit in the morning, especially when the weather is cold and it will go away. Only occurs when braking.

Recently, in addition to braking, the brakes squeal/squeak at around speeds of 10km +-, not the long type but short 0.5 sec to 1 sec types and probably a few times in succession. Doesn't always have but frequent enough to warrant attention.

Is it common? Or is there something wrong?

↡ Advertisement

Hi all,

The brakes used to only squeal/squeak a bit in the morning, especially when the weather is cold and it will go away. Only occurs when braking.

Recently, in addition to braking, the brakes squeal/squeak at around speeds of 10km +-, not the long type but short 0.5 sec to 1 sec types and probably a few times in succession. Doesn't always have but frequent enough to warrant attention.

do a though service on the brakes and clean them. you will be surprised many brake dust accumulated that causes all these brake noise.

many workshops in sg they dont bother doing this when you service your car. pay a little labor and ask the workshop to clean the rotors and also the brake dust on the calipers. with this cleaning and service im very sure your brakes will have noise free.

do a though service on the brakes and clean them. you will be surprised many brake dust accumulated that causes all these brake noise.

many workshops in sg they dont bother doing this when you service your car. pay a little labor and ask the workshop to clean the rotors and also the brake dust on the calipers. with this cleaning and service im very sure your brakes will have noise free.

Doesn't last long though.. Very soon the noise will be back after accumulation.. My brakes also has this squeal.. but cannot be bothered already. (I'm not driving Audi)

Doesn't last long though.. Very soon the noise will be back after accumulation.. My brakes also has this squeal.. but cannot be bothered already. (I'm not driving Audi)

I used to get squealing on my A6 many years ago too. You might want to ask in the vagsg forum if anyone has a solution. 

Hi all,

Watch this youtube and see which one is the cause of the noise.

Edited by Yewheng
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1