Singapore Reckless Drivers Part VI

RadX

taxi uncle should gave her a free ride to Mandai Zoo  [laugh]

Taxi uncle good man lah, if me i would have told her i also dont know where but can help her scour the area and circle around until i happy then drop her off. Make her pay for a higher fare. She is literally a xiao cha bor passenger.

↡ Advertisement

Taxi uncle good man lah, if me i would have told her i also dont know where but can help her scour the area and circle around until i happy then drop her off. Make her pay for a higher fare. She is literally a xiao cha bor passenger.

If she beat you up coz you cheated on fare, how?  [laugh]

If she beat you up coz you cheated on fare, how?  [laugh]

Even better, i can get MC to relax and let her taste the ba wu of the cells, see if she will qi xiao again or not.

Note to self: next time get a dash vid camera that do not record GPS aided speed.

Leaves alot of room for defence in situations like this. The DPP cannot even venture a video analysis of the estimated speed based on the frame rate and the change in scenery.

With a blackvue, speed display in the video can be disabled. But the map still shows GPS speed. It doesn't matter as long as only the video file is kept.

If concerned about self-incrimination, immediately download the relevant videos (only) and format the SD card. For good measure, re-encode the videos and remove metadata.

Edited by Turboflat4
  • Praise 1

Not seen the video but see so many scooterists just drive across crossing without slowing at all.

I think the main issue is not escooterist, cyclists or pedestrians crossing without slowing down. It is they NEVER check traffic and ensure its safe to cross ! 

• Praise 3

Note to self: next time get a dash vid camera that do not record GPS aided speed.

Leaves alot of room for defence in situations like this. The DPP cannot even venture a video analysis of the estimated speed based on the frame rate and the change in scenery.

E-Scooters are a nuisance. I have encountered them riding across pedestrian crossings at high speed without slowing down and checking for traffic. They can even overtake cars and ride on the centre lane  

• Praise 3

A motorist failed to keep a proper lookout while approaching a zebra crossing and his car hit an e-scooter rider who died of a head injury a week later.

Chua Kok Wan, 48, was sentenced to three weeks' jail yesterday and disqualified from driving all classes of vehicles for four years.

He was convicted last month of causing the death of 37-year-old Goh Yu Chiun by driving in a negligent manner.

During the trial, Chua testified that he left his home for a church meeting at around 8pm on Aug 2 last year and drove along Thomson Road. As he approached a slip road into Norfolk Road, he slowed down as it was a bend. He said his speed was about 20kmh to 30kmh.

According to Chua, Mr Goh suddenly appeared in front of him. He immediately jammed on the brakes but it was too late and his car hit the man. Chua called for the police and an ambulance, the court heard. Mr Goh was taken to Tan Tock Seng Hospital and was pronounced dead on Aug 9 last year.

In his submissions, Deputy Public Prosecutor Lim Jian Yi said: "As he turned into the slip road, he claimed that he checked that there was no one at the zebra crossing or at both ends of the crossing, or approaching the crossing. He then proceeded forward."

He said: "If the accused had kept a proper lookout, he ought to have slowed down to stop at the zebra crossing to allow the deceased to cross the zebra crossing."

Based on video evidence from Chua's in-car camera, his vehicle was travelling towards the zebra crossing without slowing down to stop. The DPP said: "The defence attempted to suggest that he was travelling at about 20kmh to 30kmh at this time, but this is pure speculation. The accused's actual speed is unclear. It is accepted that he was not travelling at a high speed."

Chua also claimed that the lighting along Thomson Road was "varied" and the area at the slip road was darker. But DPP Lim told District Judge Kan Shuk Weng: "Contrary to the accused's assertions, the lighting conditions in the slip road were even brighter than along Thomson Road.

Based on video evidence from Chua Kok Wan's in-car camera, his vehicle was travelling towards the zebra crossing without slowing down to stop.

"The in-car footage shows that the accused's car was... close enough to the zebra crossing that the deceased, wearing a white shirt and dark shorts, on an e-scooter with a bright white headlight, would have been clearly visible to anyone keeping a proper lookout."

Chua, who is represented by lawyers Desmond Tan and Daryl Tay, intends to appeal against his conviction and sentence. He is out on bail of $20,000.

note to self.. drive lexus and u can claim ignorance 

• Praise 1

Maserati-driving NUS professor charged with dangerous driving

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/courts-crime/maserati-driving-nus-professor-charged-with-dangerous-driving

6招闪媒体 国大教授被控危驾要认罪

https://www.zaobao.com.sg/znews/singapore/story20181017-899857

The extinguished professor ...

post-15968-0-69990000-1539788512_thumb.jpg

Edited by Blueray
  • Praise 2

6招闪媒体 国大教授被控危驾要认罪

https://www.zaobao.com.sg/znews/singapore/story20181017-899857

The extinguished professor ...

This is funny, go in wear long sleeve shirt, come out wear yellow t-shirt, hat, sunglasses and holding umbrella. See la, do thing never think, if he do not drive like a mad man, he will not be in this situation already. Serve him right.

This is funny, go in wear long sleeve shirt, come out wear yellow t-shirt, hat, sunglasses and holding umbrella. See la, do thing never think, if he do not drive like a mad man, he will not be in this situation already. Serve him right.

Changed clothes changed look but never change the bag...never think properly again hor?

• Praise 1

Twincharged

i think the whole country (and even foreigners who monitor SG news) already knows him intimately already .... why even bother to hide ? 

• Praise 3

Changed clothes changed look but never change the bag...never think properly again hor?

need to change face too ...

post-15968-0-02554500-1539823565.gif

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1