Kia Ceed GT turbo 1.6L 2018

Forte_Horizon_Blue

C&C is unlikely to bring in this model as it will cannibalise sales of the Stinger.

They actually compete in the same market segment, in your opinion?

Edited by Toeknee_33

Well there is the new Cerato GT wagon. Same car, same engine and gb options. same car. But...C n C won't bring it in right? Too expensive and too powerful for a korean car. Altis and Sylphy buyers will still see it as a cheap, unreliable nonsense with zero resale value....even when they were coughing behind the Cerato GT dust trail at the lights. 

Kia-K3-GT-1-850x387.jpg

Kia-K3-GT-4-850x449.jpg

https://paultan.org/2018/09/13/kia-k3-gt-revealed-in-korea-bmw-gran-turismo-style/

• Praise 2

Well there is the new Cerato GT wagon. Same car, same engine and gb options. same car. But...C n C won't bring it in right? Too expensive and too powerful for a korean car. Altis and Sylphy buyers will still see it as a cheap, unreliable nonsense with zero resale value....even when they were coughing behind the Cerato GT dust trail at the lights.

Kia-K3-GT-1-850x387.jpg

Kia-K3-GT-4-850x449.jpg

https://paultan.org/2018/09/13/kia-k3-gt-revealed-in-korea-bmw-gran-turismo-style/

We probably won't get it just like the Elantra Sport doesn't come over...
  • Praise 1

Oh wow, the GT version is chio.. At least it looks proportional from the cut and paste.

KIA can do well if they can put the 1.4T from the i30 into the Forte or this GT model AND bring it. My friend's family bought 2x i30 wagon cos of the boot space and engine.

• Praise 2

the Proceed looks seriously amazing, and this coming from i30 wagon owner. my current 1.4T 138 BHP is sufficient, but the 204 BHP engine will be perfect. 

post-20347-0-63876300-1537254860_thumb.png

• Praise 1

Oh wow, the GT version is chio.. At least it looks proportional from the cut and paste.

KIA can do well if they can put the 1.4T from the i30 into the Forte or this GT model AND bring it. My friend's family bought 2x i30 wagon cos of the boot space and engine.

It defeats the purpose of creating a hot wagon. 

1.4T makes 140hp only 1.6T makes 201hp and 260NM of torque. 7 sp DCT too. 

The 1.6T makes alot more sense

Actually there is a chance it may come in. Its the same engine/gb combo as the Kona 1.6T. 

And u can buy the Kona 1.6T at Komoco at $109k this week. 

Go test drive the Kona and see for yourself. 

I saw the i30 wagon on the road recently.. on a quick glance, it resembles the Mazda 6 stationwagon. Good looking car.

• Praise 1

It defeats the purpose of creating a hot wagon. 

1.4T makes 140hp only 1.6T makes 201hp and 260NM of torque. 7 sp DCT too. 

The 1.6T makes alot more sense

Actually there is a chance it may come in. Its the same engine/gb combo as the Kona 1.6T. 

And u can buy the Kona 1.6T at Komoco at $109k this week. 

Go test drive the Kona and see for yourself. 

I went to Komoco to try both the i30 Wagon (recommended by my friend whom owns one) and also the Kona. 

The i30 wagon looks good but the only let down is the interior quality. It's decent but not fantastic. The 1.4T has a turbo lag, however, when it kicks in, its really fun.

Kona has a really great engine. The looks is not my cup of tea.

The main question is, will KIA to bring in the 1.6T for the pro-ceed? Although it's a diff car from the Stinger, but the engine and price point might take away sales from it. 

the Proceed looks seriously amazing, and this coming from i30 wagon owner. my current 1.4T 138 BHP is sufficient, but the 204 BHP engine will be perfect.

Trust me on this. When u have 200bhp u wish for 300. When u hit 300bhp u want 400. I used to have 150bhp out of the box. Then go n chip ip. Got 185bhp. Then mess around with n75 n actuators. After that u find that the whole equation sucks as the car does not provide the kind of fc or refinement.... it’s still better to buy out of the box that has been tune to real world conditions n not a one off track day ready car
  • Praise 2

Trust me on this. When u have 200bhp u wish for 300. When u hit 300bhp u want 400. I used to have 150bhp out of the box. Then go n chip ip. Got 185bhp. Then mess around with n75 n actuators. After that u find that the whole equation sucks as the car does not provide the kind of fc or refinement.... it’s still better to buy out of the box that has been tune to real world conditions n not a one off track day ready car

the good news is, there is a 1.6 TC stock engine, yes it's out of the box. this engine can be found on the Tucson and Kona (Kia and H are realtives anyway ...) but yes, I agree that stock gives better FC, since I can get at least 14 km per litre without driving like a scrooge on the 1.4T. 

↡ Advertisement