Needles found in Australian Strawberries

Aventador

yeah miss them. i ate strawberries everyday when i went last year.

I had none when I was there in June, like not in season lor.  Totally mei you!!!  [bigcry]

↡ Advertisement

I had none when I was there in June, like not in season lor.  Totally mei you!!!  [bigcry]

Think Korea strawberry season is around late March , April period. 

Big, juicy and sweet, and of course not expensive also. 

yeah i went during march hols.

oh, but this year like also never seen any early part of the year hor, or mayb is small season and I missed it.. [:/]  [laugh]  [laugh]

oh, but this year like also never seen any early part of the year hor, or mayb is small season and I missed it.. [:/]  [laugh]  [laugh]

nevermind, next year go again  [laugh]

• Praise 1

本地草莓藏针?农粮局调查

本地网民Dennis Tang 前天(9月19日)在社交媒体推特上分享,他在本月18日购买的草莓当中,发现一根银色的长金属物。

照片显示,他将疑似铁丝的金属物放置在一盒“T.L.B Strawberries”牌子的草莓前。这盒草莓在西澳大利亚州种植和包装。据悉,这盒草莓是从本地超市Mahota购买。

https://www.zaobao.com.sg/znews/singapore/story20180921-893099

post-15968-0-78800600-1537520722_thumb.jpg

Edited by Blueray

本地草莓藏针?农粮局调查

https://www.zaobao.com.sg/znews/singapore/story20180921-893099

KNN, this type attention seeker lah. 

Already mention is sewing needles liao...

Tomorrow I going to call SPH hotline say I found a pc of  "定海神针"  inside my Australia strawberries...  [laugh]

anyway, my 2 boxes all finish liao, tomorrow go 补货补货..... ^_^

哥,一起呗!!! [:p]

• Praise 1

KNN, this type attention seeker lah. 

Already mention is sewing needles liao...

Tomorrow I going to call SPH hotline say I found a pc of  "定海神针"  inside my Australia strawberries...  [laugh]

anyway, my 2 boxes all finish liao, tomorrow go 补货补货..... ^_^

哥,一起呗!!! [:p]

yup, planning to go sheng siong tomorrow morning to stock up some more strawberries.  [thumbsup]

NTUC FairPrice halts all strawberry imports from Australia

SINGAPORE: NTUC FairPrice said on Monday (Sep 24) that it has halted all strawberry imports from Australia, following recent reports of needles found in the fruit

Read more at https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/ntuc-fairprice-halts-all-strawberry-imports-from-australia-10753456

Now is veggies.

Iceberg lettuce containing high levels of pesticide recalled from NTUC FairPrice, Sheng Siong
https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/iceberg-lettuce-containing-high-levels-of-pesticide-recalled-10792922

SINGAPORE: The Agri-Food & Veterinary Authority (AVA) has issued a recall for iceberg lettuce sold at NTUC FairPrice and Sheng Siong supermarkets.

The recall comes after the iceberg lettuce from a Malaysian farm were found to contain high levels of fipronil, a "wide-spectrum pesticide", AVA said in an alert on Thursday (Oct 4).

The implicated product is imported by Go Fresh Impex for sale at the two supermarkets. AVA has directed the importer to conduct a recall, which is ongoing, the agency said.

Iceberg lettuce sold at NTUC FairPrice that are affected by the recall come with the supplier code 40.

"Consumers who have purchased the affected products may contact the respective supermarket retail outlets for enquiries," AVA said.

The agency advised the public to practise good food safety by washing and soaking vegetables to remove any pesticide residue before cooking or consumption.

Edited by DACH

For the third time in less than a year, a piece of metal has been found in food manufacturer Singlong's products.

In a press release on Friday (Feb 22), the Agri-Food and Veterinary Authority (AVA) said it received feedback “about a small fragmented piece of metal” found inside a piece of peanut puff. This comes after the manufacturer was investigated on similar feedback earlier this year.

AVA has suspended the import of all products from the Malaysian company. In May last year, the company recalled a batch of its peanut butter, Singlong Peanut Butter (Crunchy), after a metal screw was found in one of the bottles.

On the latest incident, AVA said: “Following investigation, AVA established that the fragmented metal piece came from a machine used for making the peanut puffs at the factory.”

It has since directed the importer — Sing Long Foodstuff Trading — to “recall the implicated products” in an ongoing operation.

The recalled bottles weigh 350g and are marked for consumption by Dec 30, 2019.

Consumers who have bought the implicated products are advised not to eat it, and may contact the importer at 6284 5254 for an exchange of product or enquiries.

↡ Advertisement