• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
9 replies to this topic | 29 praises

Posted 16 September 2018 - 12:11 AM

carloverguy2017
  • carloverguy2017
    5th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

But I notice there is no F5-E fighter Jet on display .. why ?

SGCMmadman, Kangadrool, Atrecord, Silver_blade and 1 Anonymous member praised this
It's PNE ! PLay Not Enough lah...

Posted 16 September 2018 - 12:31 PM

SGCMmadman
  • Premium member
    SGCMmadman
    6th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

if not mistaken. mayb lent to poly. nice play to visit for boys n guys. big step up fm old museum near AETI .. wen launched in late80s
1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 16 September 2018 - 08:19 PM

Sosaria
  • Sosaria
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

if not mistaken. mayb lent to poly. nice play to visit for boys n guys. big step up fm old museum near AETI .. wen launched in late80s

The polys each received the A4 Skyhawk. There's one in NTU also. Not sure what happened to the F5s.

They should periodically revamp and create themed exhibitions, otherwise most people would just visit once only.

Pity, because it's quite interesting by itself for aviation enthusiasts.
SGCMmadman and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 16 September 2018 - 09:23 PM

Davidtkl
  • Davidtkl
    6th Gear
    Author Image

There is a A4 at ITE Central too.

1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 17 September 2018 - 08:09 AM

Atrecord
  • Premium member
    Atrecord
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Interesting...

Brought my kids when they were in lower/mid primary to the Army museum next to Discovery Centre, but never been to this Air Force museum.

Now they are in sec sch, but might still well be worth a visit.

Posted 17 September 2018 - 11:17 AM

SGCMmadman
  • Premium member
    SGCMmadman
    6th Gear
    Author Image

mayb rsaf sold the upgraded rf5e... lock stock n barrel.. to some other air forces. the trainer s211s were given to pinoy air force.

Posted 22 September 2018 - 07:13 PM

carloverguy2017
  • carloverguy2017
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Honestly speaking the static display is the most attracting to every visitor. But unfortunately the displayed plane's condition were somewhat unspoken of.
The paints on the planes looked like it's been layered on and on and on until it looked like it weighed 200 kg of paint layers on those planes. 
RSAF should consider doing a good restoration of the exterior and stop painting every parts on the planes because it's looking gaudy when my eyes goes near them.
The indoor center on the upper floor looks fantastic and futuristic though. I like that very much.
Maybe this comment should go to RSAF museum... but anyway,my opinion lah.
Still, I would like to see more planes. Tiger F5E where are you ?

It's PNE ! PLay Not Enough lah...

Posted 22 September 2018 - 09:28 PM

mersaylee
  • mersaylee
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Didn’t see the Rapier during my two trips there. Recent addition?

Posted 23 September 2018 - 02:57 AM

Davidtkl
  • Davidtkl
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Those that have not been there better go soon.

It would be closed down after PLAB move to Changi.

I once visited on a Sunday. not a single soul was there. I have the whole place to myself.

Posted 23 September 2018 - 08:19 AM

Scion
  • Scion
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Those that have not been there better go soon.

It would be closed down after PLAB move to Changi.

I once visited on a Sunday. not a single soul was there. I have the whole place to myself.

when will PLAB close down?...

Back to Lite & EZ  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: rsaf, air force museum and 7 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users