'Fashionable' not to own or drive a car in Singapore: Sitoh

Vratenza

Yeah...this movie is so crap...not a single thread of reality in there...all of them not fashionable by pap standard.

post-24957-0-95422000-1537714473_thumb.jpg

Got money got fashion. No money no fashion.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

After i read the full 10 pages, i wanna ask this questions to all those who commented, whether productively or tcss only, and of cos those who curse and swear.

Go to a quiet corner and touch your heart, which logo did you put your cross on when you were exercising your rights? Every SINGAPOREAN are given a chance in every 5yrs(+/-) to make a change.

Squandered the chance? Then STFU, suck it up and move on. For those (you know who you are) you gave them the MANDATE to screw you over and over again.

"Doing the same thing over and over again but expecting different results is plain insanity" ~ Albert Einstein

I have full rights to KPKB! Since age eligible til today, i rather have monkeys in the parliament...

Edited by JCSL

I know which side I cross honestly, knowing this is the right system I want to bring up my kids.

There was a time I was much younger and always crossed the other side.

But having experienced the genuine change in so many areas of late (last 10 years) and grown lots of wisdom, even if a lot of their recent decisions were to my disadvantage, I now know better.

I know which side I cross honestly, knowing this is the right system I want to bring up my kids.

There was a time I was much younger and always crossed the other side.

But having experienced the genuine change in so many areas of late (last 10 years) and grown lots of wisdom, even if a lot of their recent decisions were to my disadvantage, I now know better.

I never agreed this is the right system to raise kids, i do have my own offsprings too but this is NOT the system i want them to grow up in. Personally i don't want and never wanted the Gahmen to meddle in my life and help me make decisions. 

The older guards were about SINGAPORE, the newer ones? All for themselves only. Singapore has matured as a nation of people and we know whats right and whats wrong, when Singapore just went independent, i agree you need people to make decisions for the people as those days there aren't information readily available for the mass public and hence the citizens weren't too informed. In 2018, with information readily available and comparisons can be made, the old way just wont work, the Gahmen has disconnected from the ground, COMPLETELY i would say.

If a country is ruled by one party only, public consultations or whatever they name it to be are just for show, at the end of the day, like it or not the proposed changes to whatever it might be will simply go thru because there aren't any objections to it. 

LKY ever said, he wanted ppl in his cabinet to object him so that he can relook at the decision and make adjustments. He doesn't want a cabinet full of yes-man.What are we looking at now, a complete total authority and to me some wayang words to cover whatever has been done wrong and try to make amendments at the back.

Politically, to have more opposition voices in parliament are just to make them look at the policies again and relook again and relook again if need be. When they lost a GRC in the 2011, they took a fast U-turn to some policies and a few cabinet ministers in question have to step down. They could have done so earlier, but they were complacent. So, the change will only come thru our crosses in the paper every 5 yrs. Your voices are heard only every 5 yrs. 

Edited by JCSL

How has government meddled in your life? How did they help you make decisions?

Certain overarching policy plans, they also have little choice but to market for a car-light and one-family-one-house direction.

But they never insisted for anyone to be a driver or non-driver, a landlord, home owner, or tenant. It's quite a free thing. They put in some policies (COE, VES, CMs) to help us gauge what best course of action we should take, to settle the bigger overall aim(s) and direction(s) of the country.

The ultimate objective is the country benefits, not just to look at whether an individual gets the way he/she wants. So far, how can we argue that the country is not benefiting? Individidually it can be a vastly different story, I agree. 

There are some countries that look and look and re-look, then change leaders to look, look and re-look again. Mostly talk, talk and never do anything. Which country's model (leaders) do you think we should have for Singapore? There are hundreds of countries and their governments for reference regarding what can work and what will not. Which one do we want and need for Singapore?

I never agreed this is the right system to raise kids, i do have my own offsprings too but this is NOT the system i want them to grow up in. Personally i don't want and never wanted the Gahmen to meddle in my life and help me make decisions. 

The older guards were about SINGAPORE, the newer ones? All for themselves only. Singapore has matured as a nation of people and we know whats right and whats wrong, when Singapore just went independent, i agree you need people to make decisions for the people as those days there aren't information readily available for the mass public and hence the citizens weren't too informed. In 2018, with information readily available and comparisons can be made, the old way just wont work, the Gahmen has disconnected from the ground, COMPLETELY i would say.

If a country is ruled by one party only, public consultations or whatever they name it to be are just for show, at the end of the day, like it or not the proposed changes to whatever it might be will simply go thru because there aren't any objections to it. 

LKY ever said, he wanted ppl in his cabinet to object him so that he can relook at the decision and make adjustments. He doesn't want a cabinet full of yes-man.What are we looking at now, a complete total authority and to me some wayang words to cover whatever has been done wrong and try to make amendments at the back.

Politically, to have more opposition voices in parliament are just to make them look at the policies again and relook again and relook again if need be. When they lost a GRC in the 2011, they took a fast U-turn to some policies and a few cabinet ministers in question have to step down. They could have done so earlier, but they were complacent. So, the change will only come thru our crosses in the paper every 5 yrs. Your voices are heard only every 5 yrs. 

Edited by Showster
  • Praise 1

Just reposting what I saw on the internet......

photo-7-9-15-9-16-05-pm-321x450.jpg

https://www.theonlinecitizen.com/2015/09/09/donts-and-dos-of-marking-the-ballot-dont-waste-your-precious-vote/

After i read the full 10 pages, i wanna ask this questions to all those who commented, whether productively or tcss only, and of cos those who curse and swear.

Go to a quiet corner and touch your heart, which logo did you put your cross on when you were exercising your rights? Every SINGAPOREAN are given a chance in every 5yrs(+/-) to make a change.

Squandered the chance? Then STFU, suck it up and move on. For those (you know who you are) you gave them the MANDATE to screw you over and over again.

"Doing the same thing over and over again but expecting different results is plain insanity" ~ Albert Einstein

I have full rights to KPKB! Since age eligible til today, i rather have monkeys in the parliament...

How has government meddled in your life? How did they help you make decisions?

Certain overarching policy plans, they also have little choice but to market for a car-light and one-family-one-house direction.

But they never insisted for anyone to be a driver or non-driver, a landlord, home owner, or tenant. It's quite a free thing. They put in some policies (COE, VES, CMs) to help us gauge what best course of action we should take, to settle the bigger overall aim(s) and direction(s) of the country.

The ultimate objective is the country benefits, not just to look at whether an individual gets the way he/she wants. So far, how can we argue that the country is not benefiting? Individidually it can be a vastly different story, I agree. 

There are some countries that look and look and re-look, then change leaders to look, look and re-look again. Mostly talk, talk and never do anything. Which country's model (leaders) do you think we should have for Singapore? There are hundreds of countries and their governments for reference regarding what can work and what will not. Which one do we want and need for Singapore?

Maybe it doesnt affect everyone, but personally it affects me, i am smoker and i am paying premium for cigarettes and yet restricted in everyway to light up. Its a choice not a crime, why not ban cigarettes altogether? Gahmen dictate how i light up and where i light up, seems like now even at home i cannot light up.

Kids live in a pressure cooker environment when the society regards those who are not academically incline are laggards in the society, whose decision were those? Are all non study punks useless? So those with more certs and high academic achievements are better in character and upbringing? Those will surely contribute to society more? We all know thats not true, but the Gahmen wants you to believe it is and will be.

I dont think they put in COE/VES to help us gauge whats the best course of action. Those were put in place to better their financial standings, VES was a sweet for you, now they want the factory back from you. Everything is about benefiting the country, whats the return back to Singaporeans?

I amy be sued for saying this, but i am putting a comparison with our CPF as a Ponzi Scheme, during baby boom time, working adults were more than enough to put their money in CPF and let it grow as a retirement egg. Over the years, low birth rate from 70s, 80s to 90s, the working adults today do not put that much in to CPF yet the Ageing Population CPF redemption dates are coming, reasons starts to come out, delaying payment with minimum sum and what have you. Doesnt it sound like a ponzi scheme where the bottom tier contributions are not able to feed matured drawing on the top? CPF is merely dictating what i can or cannot do with MY OWN MONEY!

Like i said, Singapore has matured as a nation and even if the current Gahmen is voted out, and opposition voted in, they only have 5 yrs to perform, if they are not up to it, vote them out and restore the previous one. This is what democracy is all about. No one has tried the other guy, are you sure he cant? Because they dont have experience? No one was born to run a country, unless you tell me LKY was born to knowing how to run a country. This what the Gahmen want you to believe, either them or no one else or Singapore will fail, will die, will bankrupt.

However, i do agree to high ministerial salary, i do not object to that. I feel, by paying our minister high salary, it actually deters corruption. In their positions, they have a lot of temptations i am sure, but the career prospects and high paying salary outweighs the temptations. This policy was set by LKY in which i respect his foresight. Just imagine paying someone in power peanuts, bribery is 5x whats his peanuts worth, surely the country would be in ruins today.

Edited by JCSL

Maybe it doesnt affect everyone, but personally it affects me, i am smoker and i am paying premium for cigarettes and yet restricted in everyway to light up. Its a choice not a crime, why not ban cigarettes altogether? Gahmen dictate how i light up and where i light up, seems like now even at home i cannot light up.

Kids live in a pressure cooker environment when the society regards those who are not academically incline are laggards in the society, whose decision were those? Are all non study punks useless? So those with more certs and high academic achievements are better in character and upbringing? Those will surely contribute to society more? We all know thats not true, but the Gahmen wants you to believe it is and will be.

I dont think they put in COE/VES to help us gauge whats the best course of action. Those were put in place to better their financial standings, VES was a sweet for you, now they want the factory back from you. Everything is about benefiting the country, whats the return back to Singaporeans?

I amy be sued for saying this, but i am putting a comparison with our CPF as a Ponzi Scheme, during baby boom time, working adults were more than enough to put their money in CPF and let it grow as a retirement egg. Over the years, low birth rate from 70s, 80s to 90s, the working adults today do not put that much in to CPF yet the Ageing Population CPF redemption dates are coming, reasons starts to come out, delaying payment with minimum sum and what have you. Doesnt it sound like a ponzi scheme where the bottom tier contributions are not able to feed matured drawing on the top? CPF is merely dictating what i can or cannot do with MY OWN MONEY!

Like i said, Singapore has matured as a nation and even if the current Gahmen is voted out, and opposition voted in, they only have 5 yrs to perform, if they are not up to it, vote them out and restore the previous one. This is what democracy is all about. No one has tried the other guy, are you sure he cant? Because they dont have experience? No one was born to run a country, unless you tell me LKY was born to knowing how to run a country. This what the Gahmen want you to believe, either them or no one else or Singapore will fail, will die, will bankrupt.

However, i do agree to high ministerial salary, i do not object to that. I feel, by paying our minister high salary, it actually deters corruption. In their positions, they have a lot of temptations i am sure, but the career prospects and high paying salary outweighs the temptations. This policy was set by LKY in which i respect his foresight. Just imagine paying someone in power peanuts, bribery is 5x whats his peanuts worth, surely the country would be in ruins today.

If you can write such a piece presenting your own opinion, you don’t need regulation. But 9 out of 10 can’t.

But smoking regulations, it’s good for all lah. Collective whole.

Sins tax, is also good for all. There are many people you can’t reach but your smoke can.

Find somewhere open with yellow box.

• Praise 1

I agree that the current generation (and us, the older generation) are seriously thinking of NOT owning a car. This is the same trend in large cities around the world. Londoners now don't bother to get a drivers license, they prefer ride-hailing. let someone else worry about the driving, navigation and congestion.  In Spore, you do the math - the annual cost of a car is at least $15,000, counting depreciation, car loan interest, insurance, road tax, servicing, parking, ERP and petrol. That is 600 to 700 rides with Grab, or GoJek. If you use MRT/bus for some trips that's probably 900 or more trips a year.

Its not about fashionable - its simply dollars and cents.

• Praise 2

I agree that the current generation (and us, the older generation) are seriously thinking of NOT owning a car. This is the same trend in large cities around the world. Londoners now don't bother to get a drivers license, they prefer ride-hailing. let someone else worry about the driving, navigation and congestion.  In Spore, you do the math - the annual cost of a car is at least $15,000, counting depreciation, car loan interest, insurance, road tax, servicing, parking, ERP and petrol. That is 600 to 700 rides with Grab, or GoJek. If you use MRT/bus for some trips that's probably 900 or more trips a year.

Its not about fashionable - its simply dollars and cents.

Not true. 

I still see many young people aspiring and wanting to own a car. Many young friends I have had already changed or bought their first car for the past few years. 

Life is not just about dollars and cents, especially if the money can be used to improve your life. Else why work so hard when you can't even use the money to improve your life and being independent of your needs instead of being deprived from others' control of your needs?

All these costs are man made. Don't be manipulated by these costs, which is being manipulated by other people. 

Not true. 

I still see many young people aspiring and wanting to own a car. Many young friends I have had already changed or bought their first car for the past few years. 

Life is not just about dollars and cents, especially if the money can be used to improve your life. Else why work so hard when you can't even use the money to improve your life and being independent of your needs instead of being deprived from others' control of your needs?

All these costs are man made. Don't be manipulated by these costs, which is being manipulated by other people. 

True, if your earning is high and could afford a car, why not buy a car to improve your life. Lol. 

Not true.

Improve life

Or

Debt trap?

Financial independence is MORE important than stuck in debt trap.

Improve life

Or

Debt trap?

It's a death trap when you don't plan your finances well. 

Improve life

Or

Debt trap?

Improve standard of living is to pay full car. Enjoy the convenience of personal transport while not worry about liability.

My 2 cents.

• Praise 1

Improve life

Or

Debt trap?

but hor...I heard most of the MCFers here pay full cash one leh...no loan no trap right? [sly]  [lipsrsealed]  :ninja:

Red Bean Soup buy car shop and house all full cash too  :ph34r:

Edited by Pohhenry
  • Praise 2

but hor...I heard most of the MCFers here pay full cash one leh...no loan no trap right? [sly][lipsrsealed]:ninja:

Red Bean Soup buy car shop and house all full cash too :ph34r:

These ppl are my 偶像!
↡ Advertisement