'Fashionable' not to own or drive a car in Singapore: Sitoh

Vratenza

What's next... Oh, its fashionable to eat at hawker centers [laugh][laugh][laugh]

I still remembered many years back they are not in favor of wet markets, hawker centers & resulting in the newer estates all have to make do with dry markets & pricey coffeeshops... now they u-turn & building hawker centers again & all the encouragement to build up hawker culture etc...

Last time also say cannot speak dialect in public media.

But now realizing that they are losing votes with the dialect-speaking groups, they make a U-turn on this.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Cannot forget how Potong Pasir residents lost their constituency to this clown back then.

Many were so angry that they signed a petition for a re-election.

Those who want to signed pettition are sore losers.. Already vote count lost liao, the majority of the resident has spoken.. During that election period, being a PP resident then, I supported Chiam's proxy, i,e his wife. but lose means lose. We were approached by these youngsters at void deck asking me to sign the petition, told them who I voted for, but have to respect the majority choice. Didn't sign.

• Praise 2

Those who want to signed pettition are sore losers.. Already vote count lost liao, the majority of the resident has spoken.. During that election period, being a PP resident then, I supported Chiam's proxy, i,e his wife. but lose means lose. We were approached by these youngsters at void deck asking me to sign the petition, told them who I voted for, but have to respect the majority choice. Didn't sign.

Not just youngsters. Many of those older residents have also come out to support the petition.

One auntie even shouted loudly: "Not fair. All those new PRCs come into the estate to dilute the votes, etc..."

Not wrong wat... pap leaders all not fashionable... time to move on lor...

Ya, one by one all vote out. 

• Praise 1

Not just youngsters. Many of those older residents have also come out to support the petition.

One auntie even shouted loudly: "Not fair. All those new PRCs come into the estate to dilute the votes, etc..."

I am sure there are many whether old or young who are not happy, but still minority votes. It the youngster who organised and approached us.  

Also PP not infested by PRC like other estate. Go woodlands or admiralty, that there got more PRC.

PP has seen much development since PAP took back the seat, lots of new condo, retail shops (even NTUC went back), amenities and now a fashionable MP that is trying too hard to promote walking, cycling and sweating.

PP residents are lucky.

• Praise 4

PP has seen much development since PAP took back the seat, lots of new condo, retail shops (even NTUC went back), amenities and now a fashionable MP that is trying too hard to promote walking, cycling and sweating.

PP residents are lucky.

so is the prices there ...... all going north  :D

• Praise 4

Guys, can't blame him lah. Easy for crazy rich Asian to forget that not all of us are crazy and rich and therefore "choosing" not to do something instead of cant afford. Honest mistake lets move on

P.S. I heard its fashionable not to own a house in Sentosa Cove.

• Praise 2

No you don’t...it clouds the mind like it did to him.

Look at the look on that journalist in black tee... maciam like - “what have I just heard?!”

• Praise 1

These guys are public figures and have to deal with the press/media during public events. Am surprised they don't prepare some statements or comments beforehand.

Try to speak off-the-cuff, will end up spouting some nonsense like this.

• Praise 2

These guys are public figures and have to deal with the press/media during public events. Am surprised they don't prepare some statements or comments beforehand.

Out of touch with the people, so can spout nonsense.

That statement on fashionable helps those answer to peer pressure lah. When you at the pantry and there is that irritating guy who expresses to you his new car and the"joy" of traffic jam and streaming Spotify.. and turns to you and asks... oh.. you got problem or not using android auto..?

Your response which used to be .. err.. I bo liu .. now become..

You should be arrested by the fashion police for driving that hideous Car...

without answering the obvious.. I fashionably poor ... [smash]

Whenever ppl tell me the joy of traffic jam, i will LOL.

I stay at the fringe of CBD.  No jam.  Somemore i cycled to work.  No ERP.  No MRT breakdown.

I take it that he misspoke, otherwise i worry for our hippy car lite plan.

Cities in Developed countries, ppl seldom drive. Only in developing countries ppl drive.Most ppl in developed countries has a car at home. If they work in city they usually take the train. He is confusing car ownership vs taking public transport. 2 separate matters.

By the way is Singapore a developed city or country huh? Anyway he is old fashion. Drives a big car. Should have followed the example of the new “sell car dy”fashionable SMRT CEO..

Edited by BenTong

Cities in Developed countries, ppl seldom drive. Only in developing countries ppl drive.Most ppl in developed countries has a car at home. If they work in city they usually take the train. He is confusing car ownership vs taking public transport. 2 separate matters.

By the way is Singapore a developed city or country huh? Anyway he is old fashion. Drives a big car. Should have followed the example of the new “sell car dy”fashionable SMRT CEO..

We are no 3 no 4.

Looks like developed country.

Act like developing country.

• Praise 1

Whenever ppl tell me the joy of traffic jam, i will LOL.

I stay at the fringe of CBD. No jam. Somemore i cycled to work. No ERP. No MRT breakdown.

Rich man spotted .....
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1