Creative's SXFI Amp

Jman888

my son has a classmate, 13 years old boy, and he can tell one headphone from another blindfolded.. :huh:

His headphones are all in hundreds of dollars, but I understand he saved up for them himself.  [thumbsup]

I was at the It show with him and I really drop my glasses when he showed me his product knowledge, he could even tell me straight a way which model from which brand to buy when I asked him what is good for running ( waterproof one). He even took me to the booth and showed me the thing. 

I was thinking heck this little boy make a better salesman than those standing ard. My son bought his headphone base on the boy's  recommendation. 

And Suaku me, never knew headphones can go into thousands of dollars a pair sia...  :wacko:  [laugh]  [laugh]

always got such people esp. boys/guys around lah.

Why u so surprised?

↡ Advertisement

always got such people esp. boys/guys around lah.

Why u so surprised?

I suaku lah. 

I know there are guys who are very very good in this area, I am just surprised by how knowledgeable a 13 yrs old boy can be.  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

I suaku lah. 

I know there are guys who are very very good in this area, I am just surprised by how knowledgeable a 13 yrs old boy can be.  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

It's just like those kids who research the game mechanics, up to how many points each attack deals. Just that this boy is applying it to a field u are interested in.

Boys/guys are always like that one lah. No matter the age.

he also has good ears to hear the difference.

Now this boy is exceptionally talented. 

https://buzzaby.com/genius-airplane-pilot-boy/

Edited by Lala81

You subscribe to Spotify ? If free, depends if they got playlists for the artists or type of music, you like. Chinese songs sometimes it can't recognize.

chinese songs must be kkbox according to my friend. he subscribes.

You subscribe to Spotify ? If free, depends if they got playlists for the artists or type of music, you like. Chinese songs sometimes it can't recognize.

they dun recognise mandarin at the moment, but spotify still have huge list of mandarin or canto songs, just that you can't use command, but you can steam use the app to search and play.

I think only true audiophile listen from speakers. For most other people, convenience and privacy is more important, so a good headset should satisfy most since they normally would just listen from their mobiles.

And we still haven't go down into the differences in price. Not many are willing to throw in the cash for a good set of speakers!

I am still mostly the CD and speaker guy.

Can't argue with that. This one targets the head/ ear phone market for the masses. A standard setter like the sound blaster card in the PC market.

If an audiophile thinks it's decent enough for a surround sound system to put in his pocket, it's a bonus.

I think only true audiophile listen from speakers. For most other people, convenience and privacy is more important, so a good headset should satisfy most since they normally would just listen from their mobiles.

And we still haven't go down into the differences in price. Not many are willing to throw in the cash for a good set of speakers!

I am still mostly the CD and speaker guy.  

There are also audiophile who listen to a good pair of can.

My setup is ipod + DAC amp + headphone.

My ipod stores uncompressed PCM file.

Speakers provides the most natural form of listening. All the so-called SMLJ special headphone technology is mostly DSP, e.g. mix out-of-phase, reverb etc. to create "spacious" perception to mimic a room. The AI comes into play with "listening to real pair of speakers", and then model it onto the headphone DSP .. same with DSP guitar effects, use AI to mimick output harmonics/frequencies from expensive tube amp, ..

Audiophile use standalone DSP + open back.  Open back can only use at home as ppl can listen together with you.

I had fostek DSP amp to run my headphone or IEM.

At home, i watch TV.

Still no further response from the SXFi team after my email query

about personalisation/delivery/collection.

Don't know the delivery/collection schedule.

Don't know the status of my purchase.

Still no further response from the SXFi team after my email query

about personalisation/delivery/collection.

Don't know the delivery/collection schedule.

Don't know the status of my purchase.

Must be frustrating...either their customer service sucks or they are overwhelmed with orders. Thanks for the update.

SXFi replied late night.

Delivery commences in 2 weeks. No indication whether I'll get

the free headphone.

Meanwhile checked that new personalisation slots are opened.

Didn't bother as I'm not keen. 

Another 2-week wait.....

Must be frustrating...either their customer service sucks or they are overwhelmed with orders. Thanks for the update.

↡ Advertisement