BMW 2 Series Coupe (F22/F23)

Vratenza

bmw-2-series-coupe.jpg

The BMW 2 Series Coupé is the quintessence of automotive individuality and creates its own class. The revolutionarily sporty design exudes motion even while standing still. Its radical dynamics with a decidedly lively rear-wheel drive and a high degree of comfort in the exclusive interior round off the uncompromising driving experience. It is apparent from the very first moment: when you take your seat behind the wheel, there is only way to go – straight ahead.

Wild, rebellious, unique. The BMW 2 Series Coupé has everything that defines a sporty coupé. Its unmistakeably athletic design emphasises the driving dynamics that make it the best in its class. Perfectly-balanced 50:50 weight distribution, powerful BMW TwinPower Turbo engines and the intelligent BMW EfficientDynamics measures all define the coupé. Its dynamics culminate in the M240i, an engine capable of accelerating from 0 to 100 km/h in next to no time. Faithful to its slogan: Less rules. More performance.

Laid-back look, compact proportions – the first-ever BMW 2 Series Convertible. Its extroverted design language with short overhangs, powerful contours and a muscular rear reflect its self-confident nature. The Luxury Line, Sport Line and M Sport packages as well as a comprehensive range of Original BMW Accessories add further spice to this character. The BMW 2 Series Convertible follows nobody; it strikes out on its own. And the BMW M240i is even more impulsive. With its M Performance TwinPower Turbo inline 6-cylinder petrol engine, it unleashes the dashing side of the BMW 2 Series Convertible and not only speeds up the airstream, but also takes driving pleasure to a whole new level.

2017-BMW-M240i-Coupe-Rear-Three-Quarter.

used-2018-bmw-2_series-m240iconvertible-

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5

Started this thread because cannot find any topics on this BMW series.

I have never owned any BMW ever. I am always just one close candidate away from owning one over the years of cars ownership.

Am particularly interested in the  M240i model.

Currently M240i is powered by the N55 3.0 IL6 longitudinally oriented engine and RWD (or XDrive). Internet rumour has it that by the next model change, it might be replaced by a 2.0L  IL4 pumping same or more power as the current 3.0L lump.

I am interested to hear any any information, opinions from owners or those who test driven this series.

I have never owned any BMW ever. I am always just one close candidate away from owning one over the years of cars ownership.

Currently M240i is powered by the N55 3.0 IL6 longitudinally oriented engine and RWD (or XDrive). Internet rumour has it that by the next model change, it might be replaced by a 2.0L  IL4 pumping same or more power as the current 3.0L lump.

I am interested to hear any any information, opinions from owners or those who test driven this series.

Engine is B58 for the 3.0,oh yes,i am looking at this model,but cannot accept the fact,the 240i got less equipment than the 230i...

• Praise 1

Get the IL6 regardless.  It's a joy to drive.

• Praise 2

Getting another car in your stable?  [laugh]

240i by Munich and 230i by PML? 

Pardon my ignorance. I am just starting to research into this model. 

Engine is B58 for the 3.0,oh yes,i am looking at this model,but cannot accept the fact,the 240i got less equipment than the 230i...

240i still selling,last Month ask,$227,000.

240i by Munich and 230i by PML? 

Pardon my ignorance. I am just starting to research into this model. 

Both Model at PML,Munich selling Alpina Models.

Most likely  will get it next Year,my Fairlady COE Ends next May.

What's the equipment level. difference between 230i and 240i at PML? 

Probably going down to PML to check it out one of these days. 

240i still selling,last Month ask,$227,000.

Both Model at PML,Munich selling Alpina Models.

Most likely  will get it next Year,my Fairlady COE Ends next May.

230i got Glass Sunroof,High End Dakota Leather Seats,high End Audio with 12 Speakers....240i got none of this,Seats are Alcartara/Cloth,no Glass Sunroof,lousy Audio with less Speakers,but come with a super in Line 6 Engine,Adaptive M Suspension & Big M Brakes...i will wait for the COE to drop a tad further....maybe we can both get together. [:)]

Edited by ER-3682

Think u wait for the PI M140i (190-200k) before u decide...

Coz Coupe very leh chey in the long run especially if u want to put/collect things at the back..

• Praise 6

M140i cheaper and more practical but M240i more sexy...... :D

mid life crisis....hack about practicality.... :D

Think u wait for the PI M140i (190-200k) before u decide...
Coz Coupe very leh chey in the long run especially if u want to put/collect things at the back..

• Praise 2

Yeah, get together see if can press for better equipment levels.

Might also consider a PI M2 if the prices on sgcarmart are to be believed.

230i got Glass Sunroof,High End Dakota Leather Seats,high End Audio with 12 Speakers....240i got none of this,Seats are Alcartara/Cloth,no Glass Sunroof,lousy Audio with less Speakers,but come with a super in Line 6 Engine,Adaptive M Suspension & Big M Brakes...i will wait for the COE to drop a tad further....maybe we can both get together. [:)]

• Praise 1

this is more like marketing strategy.. they are selling the car for the performance for 240i thus less equipped instead more for lifestyle. same as cars like coupe or convertible where the AB will make more margin and give less discount. the targeted customer is different.

i also mid life crisis but i differ... the older i am the bigger car i want.. i like those like prado type suv or land cruiser.

M240 still got backseat.

My previous MRS got no backseat.

i also mid life crisis but i differ... the older i am the bigger car i want.. i like those like prado type suv or land cruiser.

You want big?

Buy double cab Pickup truck.

It is taller and longer than Land Cruiser or Land Cruiser Prado.

Jio me also..

But I go there press for fun only

• Praise 3

If M2, it is outdated liao.

Facelift version is M2 Competition with more powderful ILsex.

↡ Advertisement