• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
91 replies to this topic | 200 praises

Posted 24 September 2018 - 05:44 PM

Vratenza
  • Premium member
    Vratenza
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

bmw-2-series-coupe.jpg

The BMW 2 Series Coupé is the quintessence of automotive individuality and creates its own class. The revolutionarily sporty design exudes motion even while standing still. Its radical dynamics with a decidedly lively rear-wheel drive and a high degree of comfort in the exclusive interior round off the uncompromising driving experience. It is apparent from the very first moment: when you take your seat behind the wheel, there is only way to go – straight ahead.

Wild, rebellious, unique. The BMW 2 Series Coupé has everything that defines a sporty coupé. Its unmistakeably athletic design emphasises the driving dynamics that make it the best in its class. Perfectly-balanced 50:50 weight distribution, powerful BMW TwinPower Turbo engines and the intelligent BMW EfficientDynamics measures all define the coupé. Its dynamics culminate in the M240i, an engine capable of accelerating from 0 to 100 km/h in next to no time. Faithful to its slogan: Less rules. More performance.

Laid-back look, compact proportions – the first-ever BMW 2 Series Convertible. Its extroverted design language with short overhangs, powerful contours and a muscular rear reflect its self-confident nature. The Luxury Line, Sport Line and M Sport packages as well as a comprehensive range of Original BMW Accessories add further spice to this character. The BMW 2 Series Convertible follows nobody; it strikes out on its own. And the BMW M240i is even more impulsive. With its M Performance TwinPower Turbo inline 6-cylinder petrol engine, it unleashes the dashing side of the BMW 2 Series Convertible and not only speeds up the airstream, but also takes driving pleasure to a whole new level.

2017-BMW-M240i-Coupe-Rear-Three-Quarter.

used-2018-bmw-2_series-m240iconvertible-

Mason016, Tianmo, Spring, Mercury1 and Nate4x4 praised this
Circles Life Referral Code: HTWWD

Posted 24 September 2018 - 05:51 PM

Vratenza
  • Premium member
    Vratenza
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Started this thread because cannot find any topics on this BMW series.

I have never owned any BMW ever. I am always just one close candidate away from owning one over the years of cars ownership.

Am particularly interested in the  M240i model.

Currently M240i is powered by the N55 3.0 IL6 longitudinally oriented engine and RWD (or XDrive). Internet rumour has it that by the next model change, it might be replaced by a 2.0L  IL4 pumping same or more power as the current 3.0L lump.

I am interested to hear any any information, opinions from owners or those who test driven this series.

Posted 24 September 2018 - 07:51 PM

ER-3682
  • Premium member
    ER-3682
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

I have never owned any BMW ever. I am always just one close candidate away from owning one over the years of cars ownership.

Currently M240i is powered by the N55 3.0 IL6 longitudinally oriented engine and RWD (or XDrive). Internet rumour has it that by the next model change, it might be replaced by a 2.0L  IL4 pumping same or more power as the current 3.0L lump.

I am interested to hear any any information, opinions from owners or those who test driven this series.

Engine is B58 for the 3.0,oh yes,i am looking at this model,but cannot accept the fact,the 240i got less equipment than the 230i...

1 Anonymous member praised this
Mazda 6..2.5.

Posted 24 September 2018 - 08:47 PM

RadX
  • Premium member
    RadX

Get the IL6 regardless.  It's a joy to drive.

TameDriver and Mercury1 praised this
RESPECT is only for the DEAD!
CirclesLife Code: RADX89

Posted 24 September 2018 - 09:37 PM

DACH
  • DACH
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Getting another car in your stable?  [laugh]

Dream car: Lamborghini Murcielago 6.2

Posted 24 September 2018 - 10:06 PM

Vratenza
  • Premium member
    Vratenza
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

240i by Munich and 230i by PML? 

Pardon my ignorance. I am just starting to research into this model. 

Engine is B58 for the 3.0,oh yes,i am looking at this model,but cannot accept the fact,the 240i got less equipment than the 230i...

Posted 24 September 2018 - 10:20 PM

DACH
  • DACH
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Yes.

https://www.sgcarmar...p?CarCode=12002

https://www.sgcarmar...p?CarCode=11456

But seems like 240 has stopped selling here. 

Dream car: Lamborghini Murcielago 6.2

Posted 25 September 2018 - 07:22 AM

ER-3682
  • Premium member
    ER-3682
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Yes.

https://www.sgcarmar...p?CarCode=12002

https://www.sgcarmar...p?CarCode=11456

But seems like 240 has stopped selling here. 

240i still selling,last Month ask,$227,000.

Both Model at PML,Munich selling Alpina Models.

Most likely  will get it next Year,my Fairlady COE Ends next May.

Mazda 6..2.5.

Posted 25 September 2018 - 07:33 AM

Vratenza
  • Premium member
    Vratenza
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

What's the equipment level. difference between 230i and 240i at PML? 

Probably going down to PML to check it out one of these days. 

240i still selling,last Month ask,$227,000.

Both Model at PML,Munich selling Alpina Models.

Most likely  will get it next Year,my Fairlady COE Ends next May.

Posted 25 September 2018 - 07:30 PM

ER-3682
  • Premium member
    ER-3682
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

230i got Glass Sunroof,High End Dakota Leather Seats,high End Audio with 12 Speakers....240i got none of this,Seats are Alcartara/Cloth,no Glass Sunroof,lousy Audio with less Speakers,but come with a super in Line 6 Engine,Adaptive M Suspension & Big M Brakes...i will wait for the COE to drop a tad further....maybe we can both get together. [:)]

Edited by ER-3682, 25 September 2018 - 07:31 PM.

Mazda 6..2.5.

Posted 26 September 2018 - 09:58 PM

Freeder
  • Premium member
    Freeder
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Think u wait for the PI M140i (190-200k) before u decide...
Coz Coupe very leh chey in the long run especially if u want to put/collect things at the back..
Mercs, Spring, Vratenza, Uncle2, Carbon82 and Lala81 praised this
I'm always learning how to drive...

Posted 27 September 2018 - 10:18 AM

Vratenza
  • Premium member
    Vratenza
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

M140i cheaper and more practical but M240i more sexy...... :D

mid life crisis....hack about practicality.... :D

Think u wait for the PI M140i (190-200k) before u decide...
Coz Coupe very leh chey in the long run especially if u want to put/collect things at the back..

TameDriver and Uncle2 praised this

Posted 27 September 2018 - 10:20 AM

Vratenza
  • Premium member
    Vratenza
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Yeah, get together see if can press for better equipment levels.

Might also consider a PI M2 if the prices on sgcarmart are to be believed.

230i got Glass Sunroof,High End Dakota Leather Seats,high End Audio with 12 Speakers....240i got none of this,Seats are Alcartara/Cloth,no Glass Sunroof,lousy Audio with less Speakers,but come with a super in Line 6 Engine,Adaptive M Suspension & Big M Brakes...i will wait for the COE to drop a tad further....maybe we can both get together. [:)]

Uncle2 praised this

Posted 27 September 2018 - 11:04 AM

Heman75
  • Premium member
    Heman75
    Supercharged
    Author Image

this is more like marketing strategy.. they are selling the car for the performance for 240i thus less equipped instead more for lifestyle. same as cars like coupe or convertible where the AB will make more margin and give less discount. the targeted customer is different.

i also mid life crisis but i differ... the older i am the bigger car i want.. i like those like prado type suv or land cruiser.

Posted 27 September 2018 - 09:43 PM

Davidtch
  • Premium member
    Davidtch
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

M240 still got backseat.

My previous MRS got no backseat.

Posted 27 September 2018 - 09:47 PM

Davidtch
  • Premium member
    Davidtch
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

i also mid life crisis but i differ... the older i am the bigger car i want.. i like those like prado type suv or land cruiser.

You want big?

Buy double cab Pickup truck.

It is taller and longer than Land Cruiser or Land Cruiser Prado.

Posted 27 September 2018 - 09:47 PM

Freeder
  • Premium member
    Freeder
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Jio me also..
But I go there press for fun only 🙏🏻🙃
Spring, StingerGT and Uncle2 praised this
I'm always learning how to drive...

Posted 27 September 2018 - 09:49 PM

Davidtch
  • Premium member
    Davidtch
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

If M2, it is outdated liao.

Facelift version is M2 Competition with more powderful ILsex.

Posted 28 September 2018 - 09:49 AM

Heman75
  • Premium member
    Heman75
    Supercharged
    Author Image

You want big?

Buy double cab Pickup truck.

It is taller and longer than Land Cruiser or Land Cruiser Prado.

that one must have company i dont have.. i worker only... but the land cruiser very nice.

Posted 28 September 2018 - 01:15 PM

Mockngbrd
  • Mockngbrd
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

If M2, it is outdated liao.

Facelift version is M2 Competition with more powderful ILsex.

cheap cheap lelong lelong i take

Garage36.com

Back to Conti Talk  ·  Car Brands Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Also tagged with these keywords: bmw , bmw 2 , bmw 2 series , bmw 2 series coupe ...

Tags: bmw, bmw 2, bmw 2 series and 7 more...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users