Pay for fuel using handphone?

Soya

Huh?? Didn’t the petrol companies warned us last time NOT to use handphones at petrol stations as it can cause explosions??....

post-1105-0-21167200-1537928489_thumb.jpeg

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4

Huh?? Didn’t the petrol companies warned us last time NOT to use handphones at petrol stations as it can cause explosions??....

haaa... the app did mention to make payment in the car or at the counter area....   [:p]

Drive off away 500 meters than make payment .... [sly]

Edited by Picnic06-Biante15
  • Praise 1

Can I use my phone at a petrol station?

There is no change to the safety requirements at the service station. After you have switched off your vehicle’s engine, you can use your phone when you’re inside an enclosed stationary vehicle or when you are inside the convenience store. It is also recommended that your phone be disconnected from any related accessories, such as a power bank or phone charger, while using the CaltexGO app.

haaa... the app did mention to make payment in the car or at the counter area.... [:p]

If go to counter then defeat the purpose

If sit in car, likely will leave engine running coz a/c which is equally unsafe

Either way bad idea

• Praise 1

Fine print is: Cannot use Samsung Note series!  [:p]

• Praise 3

It's still rather dangerous as people may still forget to use the phone in enclosed areas in the petrol stations, while now giving them a higher tendency to use the phone in the area with this app.

• Praise 1

Want to use this app better keep the door shut when the attendant start pumping so the fumes do not get into the cabin, then show the attendant the payment through the window glass without opening it.

I don't pump petrol at Caltex.

Heng ah ...  [sweatdrop]

Its not the compulsory payment mode, but they are chances one get collateral damage should some sotong cause an explosion in the kiosk.

Don’t really understand the benefits of such an app. When pumping petrol car hv to be stationary anyway. Not as if got mid-air refueling....

Esso stations oredi can swipe credit card at the pump itself saving the time and trouble of going into the shop to pay (which is another source of revenue for them)

ESSO introduced smart tag ages ago, which is very convenient. Can accumulate the Smiles points also in one swipe.

Don’t really understand the benefits of such an app. When pumping petrol car hv to be stationary anyway. Not as if got mid-air refueling....

Esso stations oredi can swipe credit card at the pump itself saving the time and trouble of going into the shop to pay (which is another source of revenue for them)

Want to use this app better keep the door shut when the attendant start pumping so the fumes do not get into the cabin, then show the attendant the payment through the window glass without opening it.

Its not the compulsory payment mode, but they are chances one get collateral damage should some sotong cause an explosion in the kiosk.

So Caltex is implying using handphone next to pump to pay them is considered safe...?

Hmmm...maybe next time we will oso hear if buy ciggies from their shop n smoke next to pump oso safe......

So Caltex is implying using handphone next to pump to pay them is considered safe...?

Hmmm...maybe next time we will oso hear if buy ciggies from their shop n smoke next to pump oso safe......

That's why when the promoter in the kiosk promote this app to me, i gave him the "huh using hp at petrol station face". The lady cashier interrupted saying, oh must be in the car and all windows winded up before using the app to pay.

I am sceptical also as there are still cases of car caught fire when driver use hp case recently.

Edited by Xers007

whoever thought of such an app sld be fire!!! -_-

If everyone stays in the car to pay, who will walk into the mini mart to buy on impulse? How are the cashiers going to promote extra buys at the counter? where to find sales for all these short falls?  :huh:

My buddy runs a petrol station, and he did share with me how much revenue comes from the mini mart, the ratio can be quite surprising to many...  -_-  [laugh]  [laugh]  

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3