Who like dogs?

Discoburg

Turbocharged

Looks like a corgi to me. Bro has one. Always shedding hair. But v obedient and hardly barks.

Safe ride

Cheers

Thank you. Is it easy to keep and how big it will grow to? Does it always bark loudly?
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

Supersonic

Looks like a corgi to me. Bro has one. Always shedding hair. But v obedient and hardly barks.

Safe ride

Cheers

I like dogs who hardly bark.
  • Praise 1

Supersonic

Thank you. Is it easy to keep and how big it will grow to? Does it always bark loudly?

If got adults or children sensitive to dog's furs, better avoid. This fellow sheds hair like nobody's business. Bro will say just vacuum the house and yet next day, machiam no difference.

Corgi got double coat so my bro kept it in an aircon environment. Very very smart dog. He's 4 years old this year but fully grown at 2 years, probably 27cm long but dwarf height.

Protective and follows my bro everywhere in the house. Eats anything (bad, he's probably fat for his breed).

This fellow SELDOM barks. I dun even know what his barks sound like but i assume he does bark, i mean he's not mute. Guess most times too busy eating to "talk".

For a dog he's very "wobbly" in that he wriggle out of your arms pretty fast. Sexy walk, backside sways left right very quick machiam exaggerated dog-walk.

Even my late mum who is not so keen about dogs, loved that he always respond happily to his name and will go licked her hand.

Handsome handsome breed.

Safe ride

Cheers

I like dogs who hardly bark. ð

Dun we all?
  • Praise 1

Hypersonic
(edited)

I like the look of corgis as well.

The only dog that the queen of England keeps as well. Though she stopped getting new ones since she doesn't want the dogs to be sad when she passes on. She used to have almost like 10-11. But now is single digit.

Corgis like to bark.

Edited by Lala81

(edited)

thinking of getting one.... can do guard duty for me  :grin:

commando trained :secret-laugh:

Edited by Staff69
  • Praise 3

a dog is really a man best friend...they dun complaint and will always be loyal

i have few dogs in my life and only one managed to pass away peacefully, the rest have to be euthanised.

my last dog is a husky n had to put him down becasue he has a cancerous tumor on gum bone. the vet said that operation will b tough as he is already 13 yo n further a facial reconstruction is needed as part of the gum bone has to be removed as cancer cells has spreaded to the bone...actually the toughest part is sending him of, he kept tucking on the leash asking me to take him home, i carried him on the operating table and my wife kept telling him that he has been a good friend and ask him to sleep as the vet gave him the injection, my 3 gals were crying and it really sad. when we got home i told my wife that we will not have another dog as pet coz after all these episodes i m still bad at saying goodbyes...RIP shadow 2018

• Praise 12

Turbocharged

Mid size dog. About 12-15kg for full grown male.

In general they bark alot, then again depends some rare ones like mine doesn't :D

Key thing to note, they shed Alot. No amount of description to explain ALOT.

The only dog that the queen of England keeps as well. Though she stopped getting new ones since she doesn't want the dogs to be sad when she passes on. She used to have almost like 10-11. But now is single digit.

Corgis like to bark.

I heard the last of her corgi has passed on.

i have few dogs in my life and only one managed to pass away peacefully, the rest have to be euthanised.

my last dog is a husky n had to put him down becasue he has a cancerous tumor on gum bone. the vet said that operation will b tough as he is already 13 yo n further a facial reconstruction is needed as part of the gum bone has to be removed as cancer cells has spreaded to the bone...actually the toughest part is sending him of, he kept tucking on the leash asking me to take him home, i carried him on the operating table and my wife kept telling him that he has been a good friend and ask him to sleep as the vet gave him the injection, my 3 gals were crying and it really sad. when we got home i told my wife that we will not have another dog as pet coz after all these episodes i m still bad at saying goodbyes...RIP shadow 2018

Yes bro, i feel for u cos i'm like u n my current dog will be my last.

Indeed very hard to say goodbye to our dog after such long period of companionship...

• Praise 5

Hypersonic

In general they bark alot, then again depends some rare ones like mine doesn't :D

Ic. I thought there's still a few left.

Turbocharged

If got adults or children sensitive to dog's furs, better avoid. This fellow sheds hair like nobody's business. Bro will say just vacuum the house and yet next day, machiam no difference.

Corgi got double coat so my bro kept it in an aircon environment. Very very smart dog. He's 4 years old this year but fully grown at 2 years, probably 27cm long but dwarf height.

Protective and follows my bro everywhere in the house. Eats anything (bad, he's probably fat for his breed).

This fellow SELDOM barks. I dun even know what his barks sound like but i assume he does bark, i mean he's not mute. Guess most times too busy eating to "talk".

For a dog he's very "wobbly" in that he wriggle out of your arms pretty fast. Sexy walk, backside sways left right very quick machiam exaggerated dog-walk.

Even my late mum who is not so keen about dogs, loved that he always respond happily to his name and will go licked her hand.

Handsome handsome breed.

Safe ride

Cheers

Dun we all?ð

This fellow is quiet. Uncommon for his breed so pls beware. They quite famous for barking alot.

Safe ride

Cheers

Thank you for your detailed reply. The one I saw did not bark at all, and look very obedient to me.

Did have the impulse to keep one, but I guess I am not ready for a pet yet. I detest owners that did not take good care of their pet, or the ditch them when they are sick. So until I am ready to take up the great responsibility.

The size and quietness was what attracted me to it. But if it shed lot of hair, then that might be a problem for us. Thank you for your feedback.
  • Praise 4

Supersonic

Thank you for your detailed reply. The one I saw did not bark at all, and look very obedient to me.

Did have the impulse to keep one, but I guess I am not ready for a pet yet. I detest owners that did not take good care of their pet, or the ditch them when they are sick. So until I am ready to take up the great responsibility.

The size and quietness was what attracted me to it. But if it shed lot of hair, then that might be a problem for us. Thank you for your feedback.

Indeed.

Thanks too for recognising the responsibility involved and not have a pet on impulse.

Lifetime care cos to the furkid, you are its 100% everything.

Safe ride

Cheers

• Praise 1

Corgis like to bark.

Quite true that corgis are noisy. A friend adopted one and it was rather aggressive & very noisy.

Maybe that's the reason why it was given up for adoption.

Personally I dislike certain dogs just from their appearances alone, especially those body disproportionate ones.

Turbocharged

i feel you, bro. the cancerous growth in the gum was the death sentence for my advanced age girl as well. when she left, it was literally a deep stab in our hearts.

but grief not, for both of them are now free from further pain.

• Praise 3

I understand how you feel. Treo will also be my first and last furkid. Had cancer in his lungs and his last 3 months with us is very very taxing on him. His weight dropped by 1/2 within that 3 months and i am really deeply sadden to see him becoming skin and bone. Also had convulsions or fits for a period of time and we decided to let him go. However we can't bear to do so and let this drag for awhile. Final straw came when he had the convulsion from like 10pm till the wee hours. Then and there i decided that that will be his last day with us. I really can't bear to see him in such pain and condition. I rather he be free then be selfish to keep him with us. It is extremely painful to bring him to the vet and see the vet inject the serum to him to take him away from us. That is one of the toughest moment in my life and i swear to god i am crying as i am typing this. The memories and feelings just came back to me as thought it was like yesterday it happened. 

• Praise 3

Supersonic

I understand how you feel. Treo will also be my first and last furkid. Had cancer in his lungs and his last 3 months with us is very very taxing on him. His weight dropped by 1/2 within that 3 months and i am really deeply sadden to see him becoming skin and bone. Also had convulsions or fits for a period of time and we decided to let him go. However we can't bear to do so and let this drag for awhile. Final straw came when he had the convulsion from like 10pm till the wee hours. Then and there i decided that that will be his last day with us. I really can't bear to see him in such pain and condition. I rather he be free then be selfish to keep him with us. It is extremely painful to bring him to the vet and see the vet inject the serum to him to take him away from us. That is one of the toughest moment in my life and i swear to god i am crying as i am typing this. The memories and feelings just came back to me as thought it was like yesterday it happened. 

Happened how long ago liao?

Indeed very sad to see our pet suffer and you have to make a decision to let it go. This is why i would never want to have a pet, dont want to go through such a painful moment.

4 years.

Happened how long ago liao?

Indeed very sad to see our pet suffer and you have to make a decision to let it go. This is why i would never want to have a pet, dont want to go through such a painful moment.

Supersonic

Yes. This is the most difficult issue about having a furkid. Always be a kid to us no matter how old they become.

Current schnauzer is approaching 12 human years this year. 3rd furkid.

Affects ppl differently. No right or wrong about whether to continue having a new furkid or not anymore. Its very personal and the pain not any lesser from losing a human loved one.

First 2 furkids were abused dogs and rescued/adopted. One was found at 1 year plus in a drain. The other, 2 years plus was found caked with own faeces, pee and had bad open sores in a cage that he outgrew from a puppy. He refused to look at his owner the day i held him in my arms. Yes, he was to be put down if no one wants him. He eventually died at age 7 from suspected tainted canned dog food. That was the period where they found melamine added to dog food. Bobby had kidney problems. Despite hospitalisation, medication, he passed away in my arms at home. Suddenly he started panting in the middle of the night and got into my arms. Died almost immediately.

6 months later, bought a schnauzer puppy from a friend's litter. This little salt n pepper furball of a fellow from a litter of 5 others came to me, got onto my open palm and rested there. Its been often said that dogs are actually the ones who choose their owners.

12 years soon this year. Lost a few tooth but still a handsome lad. More whites in hair and still behaves like a puppy.

Will i get another if this macho fellow calls it a day? Likely. Cos the happy and close bonding, to my personal opinion, far outweighs the painful separation.

I am happy to love and be loved by all my furkids. Each one is unique. Each one just adds to the depth of conviction that we need each other on this very short journey. Every memory is precious. Even the periods of looking after them when they fell ill were strengthening one's belief that love is not unique only to human race. We can co-exist in peace and enjoy each other's company as long as one never cross any unnatural line.

Thank you for your sharing. 4 years is a long time to grieve. Treo must have been a very very special furkid and one so blessed to be thus loved.

Take care and have a good week. Safe ride.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3