Who like dogs?

Discoburg

one thing why I'm not getting a dog although we love them a lot is we will get very attached to it and  . . . . 

Yes... 生老病死, can't escape. But that should not deter us from loving right?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5

one thing why I'm not getting a dog although we love them a lot is we will get very attached to it and . . . .

Ya that’s y must succession plan, get a young one when the old dog can teach it how to behave.so when the day comes, not so painful.

Edited by nazerath
  • Praise 3

Yes... 生老病死, can't escape. But that should not deter us from loving right?

Ya agreed, I had many dogs before, even the worst behaving one bring me fond memories.

Edited by nazerath
  • Praise 1

My GR went to doggie heaven 2 weeks ago, aged 14 years. Adopted him when he was 18 months old from previous owners who were moving into a HDB flat and could not take the big boy along. For 12 years, he brought us joy with his antics and mannerisms. He did not think he was a dog and wanted to join in all the family festivities.

His last weeks were wrenching as first his legs gave way, then his digestive system and then his lungs. He did peacefully at home.

For those intending to adopt a pedigree, be aware of the costs and time involved before adopting/buying. Vet bills are much more costly than humans (no subsidy) at between $100- $200 per visit. Food comes to about $5 a day for kibbles and canned wet food. The cremation costs $300+. The dog needs daily walk (30 mins) , brushing (10 mins) and teeth/ear cleaning (10 mins).  Regular professional grooming $150 every 3 months. 

Best is whole family gets involved in the care. My kids learned to love and care for animals through daily interaction.   

• Praise 7

Mine does also , but it also could be a warning that they have an upset tummy

Though mine eats only a particular grass type only ... dont know why   

my dog eat grass

• Praise 2

The few years he spent in this current house we are living in, he was left to roam the house. I have IP cams installed just to look at him when we are out. Apparently the time he spend is on my couch or at the foyer waiting for us to be home. However i do come home to spend time with him during lunch hours and then back to work.

I never wanna try to leave him alone after the Japan trip with the Mrs. We love him so much to sacrifice the trips together. He also sleeps on my bed and now his smelly pillows are mine and i need to sniff them every night before i sleep and place the 2 small pillows on my pillow as he always share my pillow with me.  [bigcry]

Damn it i a bit regretted starting this thread.  Made me cry every time i post in here.

Thanks for opening this wonderful thread.

Learnt more about dogs as pets.

Treo is a good dog.  :TT_TT:

Edited by DACH
  • Praise 1

When Treo is around, we never take holidays together. Either me or my wife will have to stay bak and be with him. I remember the first time we left him alone is right after our wedding when we went for our honeymoon. He was only a few months back back then and he home stayed with the wife's colleague who also had a schnauzer. Then the second time we went overseas was in 2006 and my in-laws actually came to my house and stayed with Treo till like 9pm then leave him. Treo behaved fine then and when we came back i brought Treo to visit my on-laws to thank them. He actually bit my FIL and i was shocked. After that he became very aggressive when he was left alone so we deduced that he developed separation anxiety and never left him alone again.

You are somehow very similar to me. Me and my wife never leave our dog alone. Even when my wife gave birth, she asked me to go back home and walk our dog and make sure he sees either one of us... 

He left us when he was 11.5 years to Lymphoma. Chemo and stuff . 

• Praise 5

You are somehow very similar to me. Me and my wife never leave our dog alone. Even when my wife gave birth, she asked me to go back home and walk our dog and make sure he sees either one of us... 

He left us when he was 11.5 years to Lymphoma. Chemo and stuff . 

I lost a dog to Lymphoma too

I hope those who wants a dog as a pet, go adopt one instead of buying one. 

I quote someone online saying why dogs have such short life span is because they want us to give our love to more dogs. Well, i totally agree. 

• Praise 4

Mine does also , but it also could be a warning that they have an upset tummy

Though mine eats only a particular grass type only ... dont know why

Same as mine... and sometimes the poop will be full of grass... sometimes none
  • Praise 1

Same as mine... and sometimes the poop will be full of grass... sometimes none

Put newspaper and let him shit on it. Me and my kids like dogs but lady boss forbid us having one.

True. Sad to say I dunno how to cook. [blush]

I understand need to have a mixture of protein and vegetables. After steam them mash toghther?

This pamper boy is very picky on food.

No need to cook, feed raw.
  • Praise 1