• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
5 replies to this topic | 15 praises

Posted 29 September 2018 - 08:58 PM

Exige
  • Exige
    2nd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hi,
Anyone knows where in Singapore has the widest range of paint markers?
I need to buy a paint marker or small bottle of paint to touch up a scratch.

I called Autobacs to check, but their stores don’t have the color I’m looking for. (Code: 9AL, name: Deep Garnet Metalic)

_______
ExiGE

Posted 30 September 2018 - 04:33 AM

Nicholas
  • Premium member
    Nicholas
    6th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Not Singapore but still would like to share: last time I bought online from colorndrive as I couldn't find my paint colour as well. A bit ex. US$40 includes very fast shipping like 3-4 days but it was an exact match and comes with a bunch of useful stuffs. The solution included was useful for removing excess paint.

https://colorndrive....l,74219/details

By the way, if your scratch can't see metal, then maybe you can just compound/polish it away.

Exige praised this

Posted 30 September 2018 - 09:44 AM

t0y0ta
  • t0y0ta
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Hi,
Anyone knows where in Singapore has the widest range of paint markers?
I need to buy a paint marker or small bottle of paint to touch up a scratch.

I called Autobacs to check, but their stores don’t have the color I’m looking for. (Code: 9AL, name: Deep Garnet Metalic)

Did you try asking Borneo?

Posted 30 September 2018 - 04:03 PM

Exige
  • Exige
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Not Singapore but still would like to share: last time I bought online from colorndrive as I couldn't find my paint colour as well. A bit ex. US$40 includes very fast shipping like 3-4 days but it was an exact match and comes with a bunch of useful stuffs. The solution included was useful for removing excess paint.

https://colorndrive....l,74219/details

By the way, if your scratch can't see metal, then maybe you can just compound/polish it away.

Thanks Nicholas!   [thumbsup]  [thumbsup]  [thumbsup]

I saw that you've linked me up to the exact page for my paint color.

I'll call to check if Borneo has it, if not, I'll just order this.  Delivery looks really fast indeed.

Sadly, this scratch quite deep... can see metal

Did you try asking Borneo?

Not yet, but will check tomorrow   ; )

Cause I just kenna the scratch on Friday night... and i don't think borneo is available on weekends..

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_8284.jpg
  • IMG_8283.jpg

Edited by Exige, 30 September 2018 - 04:02 PM.

Nicholas praised this
_______
ExiGE

Posted 30 September 2018 - 06:17 PM

t0y0ta
  • t0y0ta
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Thanks Nicholas!   [thumbsup]  [thumbsup]  [thumbsup]

I saw that you've linked me up to the exact page for my paint color.

I'll call to check if Borneo has it, if not, I'll just order this.  Delivery looks really fast indeed.

Sadly, this scratch quite deep... can see metal

Not yet, but will check tomorrow   ; )

Cause I just kenna the scratch on Friday night... and i don't think borneo is available on weekends..

I personally use the korea touch-up pens sold it petrol stations and Home-Fix.

1 end is a nice fine brush, the other end is a super thin metal tube applicator. Usually I use the thin metal tube after masking tape round the area to be touched up.

the standard Toyota/Lexus touch-up paints a usually either just a bottle with a huge brush built into the cap OR a metal tin can of paint where you need to use screwdriver to open the lid and provide your own brush - either will be extremely difficult to apply and you generally end up WORSE than you started, with huge blobs of paint over your scratch.

The challenge with the touch-up pens is that it is generic colours... you have to try to pick something near based on the color palette shown on the pen cap.

Exige praised this

Posted 01 October 2018 - 09:59 AM

Exige
  • Exige
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

I personally use the korea touch-up pens sold it petrol stations and Home-Fix.

1 end is a nice fine brush, the other end is a super thin metal tube applicator. Usually I use the thin metal tube after masking tape round the area to be touched up.

the standard Toyota/Lexus touch-up paints a usually either just a bottle with a huge brush built into the cap OR a metal tin can of paint where you need to use screwdriver to open the lid and provide your own brush - either will be extremely difficult to apply and you generally end up WORSE than you started, with huge blobs of paint over your scratch.

The challenge with the touch-up pens is that it is generic colours... you have to try to pick something near based on the color palette shown on the pen cap.

Thanks for the advice!   I get what you mean about the huge blobs of paint.  I've seen such marks on other cars. Now I know how they came about.  I definitely don't want such marks on my bonnet.

And indeed Lexus' touch-up paint is just a bottle with a brush attached to the cap, like a nail polish bottle.  S$15 before GST.

I guess I'll go with Nicholas' solution to get from colorndrive.

_______
ExiGE

Back to Detailing  ·  Aftermarket Top Reply to this topic

Related user reviews on sgCarMart.com

Turtle Wax F21 Super Protectant 20.8OZ

Turtle Wax F21 Super Protectant 20.8OZ  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by tektok  |  Clutched

It works on sticky plastics

The plastic dashboard on my 8 year old polo started to become sticky due to heat and sun damage. Tried many products, even tried using WD40 to "lubricate" the stickiness. The product manage to smooth-en out the sticky surface and provide a... » Read More

Meguiar's Ultimate Polish

Meguiar's Ultimate Polish  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by Dynaway  |  5th Gear

Easy to use

Easy to use with rotary polisher and even by hand. However, best to work it with low speed when using rotary polisher as the polish flash up very fast at high speed. Pretty easy to work on light swirl and even bird shit stains and water marks.

Related Product Guide search on sgCarMart.com : Car Polish

Quick Reply

Tags: paint, lexus, marker, touch and 2 more...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users