COE Bidding – 1st Round of October 2018

Carbon82

Apple Tart can come out now to suan back all those who keep saying COE won't drop few years back.

Edited by Alfc
↡ Advertisement

Sorry if you feel offended...

After reading your reply, suddenly it's make me think that you are the Apple Tart we used to know.... :grin:  :grin:

Anyway bad time definitely is coming.

Stay strong and stay safe [wave]

did you read his profile ?  he has his account since 2007  and has been active since then.  Try read the stuff he posted in the past , you will notice nothing near the stuff of the other ID you mentioned. 

Edited by Ct3833

https://mothership.sg/2018/10/go-jek-october-singapore/

Gojek launching next month liao. Either they buy over what’s left over at LCR, or buy new compete COE with us. Since COE is low, why buy from LCR? Oh oh. Means COE will go up again???

Will they launch go jack bike ?  Bike hiring in BKK and Jakarta is popular because of their frequent massive traffic jam, going on bike ride will get one out of the traffic jam situation. But I am not sure if bike ride in SGP will be as popular. 

PHV bike not legal here lah... actually Gojek plan to provide app only at first. But uber leaving plus CCCS ruling meant they cld accelerate expansion plans with physical fleet

did you read his profile ?  he has his account since 2007  and has been active since then.  Try read the stuff he posted in the past , you will notice nothing near the stuff of the other ID you mentioned. 

Of cos i know... 

What i'm trying to say is suddenly someone is singing the same song as the apple tart.....

Of cos i know... 

What i'm trying to say is suddenly someone is singing the same song as the apple tart.....

sorry, pardon me for the misunderstanding . 

Gojek launching next month liao. Either they buy over what’s left over at LCR, or buy new compete COE with us. Since COE is low, why buy from LCR? Oh oh. Means COE will go up again???

Is it a given that all PHV companies will buy/maintain a fleet of cars? I thought it was just uber. Is grab doing that now too?

Gojek launching next month liao. Either they buy over whatâs left over at LCR, or buy new compete COE with us. Since COE is low, why buy from LCR? Oh oh. Means COE will go up again???

With more stringent rules to be a PHV driver, how many new drivers can they hire?

If they offer good rates, mostly will be Grab drivers jumping over.

If LCR is desperate to sell, they might lease it to Go Jek at good prices instead.

Turbocharged

Is it a given that all PHV companies will buy/maintain a fleet of cars? I thought it was just uber. Is grab doing that now too?

Grab may not own any fleet of cars, but those partnering rental companies went all out to buy new cars for Grab to rent. Hence the high COE past 3 years.

Should regulations change that OPC car do NOT need a COE? Or just a fixed cost eg SGD100 for an OPC COE?

- OPC only drives during off peak and Public Holidays. Using road spare capacity when it's not jam. Not contributing much to peak hour jam

- OPS driven during leisure times, people are not in hurry. It doesn't hurt too much on country economy output efficiency.

- Malaysian cars enter for free without VEP during nights, weekends and public holidays (similar period of time as OPC is allowed). VEP objective, from my understanding, is to make cost more "equal" between Singaporean and Malaysian cars on Singapore roads. So, why Malaysian cars no need VEP and OPC is still subject to COE when they are allowed same period of times?

- We can have higher e-day license like SGD35  or same as VEP rate.

- If OPC wants to convert to normal car, then you need to bid for a COE and pay yo proportion number of years remaining.

- OPC doesn't need to be subjected to car population limit. 

Just idea.

Well it takes time to change. 9 yrs ago still was the transition period when they just start to improve. We know Hyundai is taxi favourite now and they use their cars far more heavily than everyone. If you dunno Kia is also owned by Hyundai, and inside things a lot shared. And Kia/Hyundai topped the JD Power list since 2016. So you can criticise them for somethings but cannot cite your experience of a 2009 car as evidence that Korean no good.

P.S. I am Vios owner for 9 years (very happily) and booked on Cerato. I like Vios but their price was ridiculous when I booked (basic Vios was selling at same price as EX Cerato [crazy] ).

I just replaced my 10-yr old Altis with Elantra. I can feel Altis pickup is slightly better but in term of space and comfort...

Elantra wins... the back seats are at least 5inches longer with Aircon outlet. A colleague who own i30 Hyundai for 9+ Yr with 250,000km on it with little maintenance issue... hope reliability ok on my Elantra :).

• Praise 1

Should regulations change that OPC car do NOT need a COE? Or just a fixed cost eg SGD100 for an OPC COE?

- OPC only drives during off peak and Public Holidays. Using road spare capacity when it's not jam. Not contributing much to peak hour jam

- OPS driven during leisure times, people are not in hurry. It doesn't hurt too much on country economy output efficiency.

- Malaysian cars enter for free without VEP during nights, weekends and public holidays (similar period of time as OPC is allowed). VEP objective, from my understanding, is to make cost more "equal" between Singaporean and Malaysian cars on Singapore roads. So, why Malaysian cars no need VEP and OPC is still subject to COE when they are allowed same period of times?

- We can have higher e-day license like SGD35 or same as VEP rate.

- If OPC wants to convert to normal car, then you need to bid for a COE and pay yo proportion number of years remaining.

- OPC doesn't need to be subjected to car population limit.

Just idea.

Nope. Based on your recommendation, they cannot be offseted at 17k.

Either that or their car will be half the price of a regular, both of which encourages growth for an opc. Good strategy if we have too little cars on e road.

Turbocharged

Those who said this previously have all gone hiding. I wonder if this is one of those who said this and now create a new id to repeat the same again ?

Or you suddenly realise COE have zero growth recently ?

last time got some property agent friends also kept repeating "property prices sure rise one, prices will never fall cos Singapore land is limited, dun buy now sure regret next time"

after that they also went diam diam for a good long period :D

• Praise 1

last time got some property agent friends also kept repeating "property prices sure rise one, prices will never fall cos Singapore land is limited, dun buy now sure regret next time"

after that they also went diam diam for a good long period :D

Same for some Broker "friends".. every pull back is a GREAT time to buy.. stock goes down.. "BUY more! sure goes up".. Stock goes up "ADD!! still got upside!"

in short we are F..

• Praise 1

I just replaced my 10-yr old Altis with Elantra. I can feel Altis pickup is slightly better but in term of space and comfort...

Elantra wins... the back seats are at least 5inches longer with Aircon outlet. A colleague who own i30 Hyundai for 9+ Yr with 250,000km on it with little maintenance issue... hope reliability ok on my Elantra :).

I think your 10yrs old altis should compare with 10yrs old avante.lol.....

↡ Advertisement