COE Bidding – 1st Round of October 2018

Carbon82

Wish all current bidders good luck. Gotten mine last round. Looks like is going to be quiet again this round with only BM having promotion.

You got it upon the 1st bid?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Just booked altis elegance model, hopefully can get coe on this bidding. [:p]

Yes got same feeling, a lot ppl visited toyota on the weekend.

I just booked a altis elegance model.

Good luck getting your COE tomorrow.

Placed my order for BM Harrier Turbo.

Based on current trend, Cat B should be more or less the same? Hopefully will be able to get good news on Wednesday.

Worry not, You definitely get yours ………………

• Praise 1

There were only 400 outstanding Cat A bids last rd. New round mostly NG or "complimentary G" bidders, on 6 rounds (no urgency to seal the COE for ADs). You think there will be more than 1,300 sales, more like 2,000 sales, in last 2 weeks to be able to push Cat A back to rising again?

Vios and Altis are just recapturing back the market share from the Korean cars very recently.  In general, most buyers still do not trust Korean brands while Toyotas have long-proven track records.  Hence, the demand and prices for COE should not be spiking up.  The job market and economy seem to be slowing a lot more, so the general COE trend is still a downward drift.

Note: China is slowing down.

Early Indicators Show China's Economy Weakening Again in August

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-08-27/early-indicators-show-china-s-economy-weakening-again-in-august

• Praise 1

I guess Cat A will increase slightly as it's 6th/last bid for those who booked during 25k COE.

Well, I hope my prediction is wrong so that everyone can be happy.

• Praise 1

Placed my order for BM Harrier Turbo.

Based on current trend, Cat B should be more or less the same? Hopefully will be able to get good news on Wednesday.

Which model ? How much ?

I guess COE going down this round....

some major AD already cleared back log for 25k period last bid... 

And most buyer got their COE with 1st bid....

I guess Cat A will increase slightly as it's 6th/last bid for those who booked during 25k COE.

Well, I hope my prediction is wrong so that everyone can be happy.

I supposed there are no more backlogs for the 25k coe. Should be cleared already.

Vios and Altis are just recapturing back the market share from the Korean cars very recently.  In general, most buyers still do not trust Korean brands while Toyotas have long-proven track records.  Hence, the demand and prices for COE should not be spiking up.  The job market and economy seem to be slowing a lot more, so the general COE trend is still a downward drift.

Note: China is slowing down.

Early Indicators Show China's Economy Weakening Again in August

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-08-27/early-indicators-show-china-s-economy-weakening-again-in-august

Toyota Altis standard - $88K

Kia Cerato SX - $86K

Which would you choose?

Quite a no brainer decision.

Toyota Altis standard - $88K

Kia Cerato SX - $86K

Which would you choose?

Quite a no brainer decision.

SX specs is much better. If at this budget I may top up more to get the Altis elegance, if not will stick to EX specs

The bids for Cat A & B on day 2 are quite normal, so I expect not much changes from previous round. The motorcycle seems a bit strong though. I might have a Cat A to renew, so I will monitor the COE on and off.

↡ Advertisement