[Help] Less than 3 month new car got hit and run by van

howdeepisyourlove127

IMG_9039.JPG

I sent this cooper S hatch to habitat to repaired this cost $11k (changed whole door n front fender).

but the clubman was repaired by outside workshop cost less than $1k.

therefore, be prepared to chop big carrot if you wanna send your car to the agent for repair.

Wah seriously

Last time I change the whole mini bonnet (new bonnet and spray) that was 1.5k and got them to quote to repair and spray the side door panel that was 800 bucks. But I drove directly to habitats repair centre at Sungei Kadut and spoke to their repair guy. This wasn’t insurance claim of course, he said if insurance the quote would be way higher

This hit and run Incident happened on 02/10/2018 at 9.30AM at parking lot. I parked my vehicle at parking lot. At 11.30AM I went to my vehicle and noticed there were scratches and dent, my vehicle was hit by another vehicle.

I requested from the company near parking lot to view security camera and noticed this Sliver Van when he reversed his van to park at lot beside mine and he hit my vehicle. Despite he felt impact and came down to take a look. He left without leaving contact or details. I have the video and photo of this incident.

I proceed to make a accident report online, and went down to Mazda to make accident report. After showing them the video which I saved the Mazda Claim executive said the evidence it wasn't strong. At 3pm the security guard saw the Van driver drove back his van and gave him my number asked him to call me back. The van driver called me as I answer he said with laughter and said he didn't know he bang my vehicle despite the video clearly shown he came down to look in front and behind of the vehicle and pick his colleague, drove off.

He said he want a private settle which I disagree, I questioned how can he not know he bang my car when the video shown. Some more my car is less than 3 month old. I must report which he said ok. After that the claim executive asked me to request his vehicle insurance, I sms but he didn't reply. I called him and ask for his cooperation he had the guts to raise his voice at me "you wan report you report lah, ask for my details for what. My vehicle also no scratch. Don't know you report for what." I told him he bang my car till my car paint chipped off he still can say?

At that point I was furious but did not want to argue anymore. According to the claim executive he said this 3rd party claim case is based on case by case basis and can drag for years plus my evidence is not strong, last resort will have to self claim.

I'm not looking for sympathy or online shaming this farker but rather need people advise on this kind of situation how do you handle, thanks.

The hit and run damage left on my vehicle

WUz7ix6.jpg?1

giphy.gif

Ouch feel your pain, I think your anger also comes mainly from his lacklustre attitude. Does the van belong to a company (usually painted at the side) if so can consider kicking up a stink there :D

None withstanding I think this is just lan lan, new car I also know the feeling of wanting to get it done up as new but seriously 2k is too much, I think if u get it done outside is maybe 300 bucks? If so consider private settlement get it done property and in 2 months you would forget it’s even there. Alternatively try polishing it off and see how much you can live with the scratches, I would prob do the latter

Sorry to hijack this thread... reading all these posts make me wonder, in an accident, we should inform insurance regardless of claiming or not? If not claiming what impact will this have in terms of future premimims and NCD? ð

If it’s obviously not your fault then by all means, but it there is a chance of 50/50 and minor then make sure other party agree first before doing anything. Last time taxi squeeze into a merge lane and buang me was consider 50/50 (even with footage)
↡ Advertisement

Before i got my car last year, my SE said the same thing - that they warrant the car batt for 2 yr so dun wan parking mode to compromise the batt. I went to ask some friends who bought different cars, and they said their ADs all only gave cams that record when engine is on - presumably for the same reason.

Undeterred, I kept asking my SE how can they do this? and then finally when bringing me to collect the car, my SE said ok, can do parking mode if i really want to, but their installer will not do it, and i have to do it outside, on my own...

I know what some people will do, is to install the parking mode too, but if the ADs insist will void warranty, they will make sure they uninstall the parking mode before they (if ever need to) go and claim warranty. In any case, after first 2 yr, there is no more car batt warranty, so there's no worries anymore.

How much is a car battery?

Likely less than $300.

Even without warranty, battery gone after a year just change lor.

Simple paint job would cost around $300 too.

Actually speaking you are building immunity against the paint chips (due to inconsiderate neighbors in the car park). First few chips will pierce your heart straight through until you grow a thick skin and can't be bothered.

The first few dents after I got my new car I still go repair. Few months ago parked at carpark, big dent on my front bottom, must be someone reverse into my car, plus more dents on the sides by other door bangers, plus I scrape my car in JB becos misjudge the super high curb. Can't even bother to repair or review the carcam on the guy who reverse into me. In the end, its just a B2B car for daily use unless ur car super atas kind lah. Live with it and spend ur time on better things lah

• Praise 1

How much is a car battery?

Likely less than $300.

Even without warranty, battery gone after a year just change lor.

Simple paint job would cost around $300 too.

But I think not every AD/SE is upfront with customers, or maybe they simply don't know the reason, and they might just tell the customer 'will void warranty' without giving details.

This will likely deter maybe more than half of all new car owners from installing the parking mode immediately, without finding out the reason why...

This hit and run Incident happened on 02/10/2018 at 9.30AM at parking lot. I parked my vehicle at parking lot. At 11.30AM I went to my vehicle and noticed there were scratches and dent, my vehicle was hit by another vehicle.

I requested from the company near parking lot to view security camera and noticed this Sliver Van when he reversed his van to park at lot beside mine and he hit my vehicle. Despite he felt impact and came down to take a look. He left without leaving contact or details. I have the video and photo of this incident.

I proceed to make a accident report online, and went down to Mazda to make accident report. After showing them the video which I saved the Mazda Claim executive said the evidence it wasn't strong. At 3pm the security guard saw the Van driver drove back his van and gave him my number asked him to call me back. The van driver called me as I answer he said with laughter and said he didn't know he bang my vehicle despite the video clearly shown he came down to look in front and behind of the vehicle and pick his colleague, drove off.

He said he want a private settle which I disagree, I questioned how can he not know he bang my car when the video shown. Some more my car is less than 3 month old. I must report which he said ok. After that the claim executive asked me to request his vehicle insurance, I sms but he didn't reply. I called him and ask for his cooperation he had the guts to raise his voice at me "you wan report you report lah, ask for my details for what. My vehicle also no scratch. Don't know you report for what." I told him he bang my car till my car paint chipped off he still can say?

At that point I was furious but did not want to argue anymore. According to the claim executive he said this 3rd party claim case is based on case by case basis and can drag for years plus my evidence is not strong, last resort will have to self claim.

I'm not looking for sympathy or online shaming this farker but rather need people advise on this kind of situation how do you handle, thanks.

WUz7ix6.jpg?1

giphy.gif

Can feel your heartpain and also Du Lan-ness for the attitude of this Van driver [grouphug]

Check with outside workshop if they are confident of the claim since the Mazda Claim executive mentioned that your case is not strong.

If you leave your ride to the agent, most likely they will advise you to do an Own Damage Claim first before they inform the insurance company to assist you to make claim against the insurance of the Van Driver subsequently. For that, you have to pay $600

If non are confident of the claim for you, then you may consider to do up the repairs from your own pocket. I know you sure feel beh song cos it is not your fault at all but I think the repair should be less than $600 as compared to your excess if you settle it from the outside workshop [gossip]

Rather than pay the excess of $600 to do an Own Damage Claim from your own insurance and risk even higher premiums in your next coming renewal, you could have spend a lower amount to repair it outside.

From the pictures you have posted, you may wanna try to polish off the scratches using Scratch X Remover as mentioned by our Bro FCW75 if the scratches are not too deep [nod]

Worst is go outside workshop and spend from own pocket ....

Just treat it as 'Po Cai Tan Zai' ... :a-aggressive:

• Praise 1

From the damage, doesn't look serious, like most bros here say, just respray and move on.

I know it's hard to swallow until it happens to you..

for all new drivers, pls note that its always better to have a private settlements if its a minor accident which do not incurred more than 1k.  

i feel ts bro

also knna bang scratch recently at bishan interchange public carpark level 3

front right knna bang and no note from the car driver which my car was parked stationary

hit and run, karma will come to that owner sooner

attachicon.gifIMG_9039.JPG

I sent this cooper S hatch to habitat to repaired this cost $11k (changed whole door n front fender).

but the clubman was repaired by outside workshop cost less than $1k.

therefore, be prepared to chop big carrot if you wanna send your car to the agent for repair.

AD will replace not repair [idea]

WS will try to repair if cannot then replace

Minor better don't go AD unless claim against other party <_<

Still remember I just got my license during parking banged wall

Then drive to AD, quoted 5k to replace whole bumper :a-m1524:

My army buddy told me WS panel repair is 50 dollars

Supercharged

I doubt any new car owner could have been more unfortunate than I was. My previous brand new car suffered attempted break in on the very same day of collection, after being parked at a public carpark while I treated a friend for dinner as he had accompanied me for the car inspection on collection. Both rear door panels were visibly scratched and bent at the contacts with the rear pillars. In-car cameras were rare exceptions rather than the norm then. The AD helped to beat the panel back for free as a gesture of goodwill, while I asked for paint of the same color code from the workshop to conceal the scratches by myself, and had since driven the car for 10 years before selling it to an exporter upon expiry of the COE. The damage right from day one left me immune to subsequent dents and scratches on the car.

I’m skeptical about reporting accidents to the insurers when there is no injury and there is unlikely to be filing of claims. One of my side mirror covers of the same car was torn off when I was stuck at a traffic jam and a motorcyclist zoomed past so close to my car that his left handle brushed against my right side mirror cover and tore it away out of my sight. I later found it a distance away and badly crushed by other vehicles. The incident happened so fast that I could not even read his license plate number and neither could I give chase as vehicles in front were stationary. I sounded the horn but he just sped off after looking back briefly. The incident not only cost me a side mirror cover, but also caused my motor insurance premium to be significantly raised when it was due for annual renewal. I had naively followed the insurance terms and conditions to report any accident even if there was no claim to be filed. When I called the insurance company to inquire on the premium rise, they explained that it was their policy to make provision for a certain number of years in case the motorcyclist might have injured his fingers and one day decided to turn himself in and file a claim. I refused to pay the higher premium and switched to another insurer which did not penalize me as a victim. As there were only a couple of years left of the COE, I continued to drive the car until its COE expired without a right side mirror cover which never failed to amuse my passengers :)

• Praise 5

WUz7ix6.jpg?1

giphy.gif

any dent? it no. this can be polish off. no need send for respray. this one doesnt look very heavily damaged.

• Praise 1

i feel ts bro

also knna bang scratch recently at bishan interchange public carpark level 3

front right knna bang and no note from the car driver which my car was parked stationary

hit and run, karma will come to that owner sooner

That car park is quite narrow. 

↡ Advertisement