Early morning make me so sad. Always get disappointed with MCF members ð¢

JIN emo

Must be your bff @dach la... irritating bugga

Lol

• Praise 1

JIN emo

Must be your bff @dach la... irritating bugga

Lol

Please! Don’t mention me in the same breath as him. Don’t make me slip into another depression.
  • Praise 1

You keep mentioning breadth but length @radx is infinity; keeps coming back   :a-fun:   Njoy your Moandie blues [sunny] At least Sun came up today   

Please! Don’t mention me in the same breath as him. Don’t make me slip into another depression.

• Praise 2

IMO,it is a lost cause bro. How to respect every human? We link income with jobs. Tell me,if someone tells u he is a school teacher and another is a top lawyer, straightaway u will quickly form an opinion of that person already. For example,compared to the nation building years,teachers were well respected but nowadays they are not only looked down upon by parents but by students too. I have personally heard a conversation between a parent and her son. If u dun study hard huh,u will end up like your poor teacher. Can only afford a Altis after all these years in teaching.

Actually, I also teach kids like that but use rubbish collector as example.... is that bad?

My parents also told me the same thing 30 years ago...

watching regardless of class now ...

speaking singlish = low ses

i speak kienlish ... jialat liao!

Reminds me of my nickname in primary school. Heehor.

But its no big deal language difference... I honestly think give the kids a couple of weeks, they will be good friends.

Actually, I also teach kids like that but use rubbish collector as example.... is that bad?

My parents also told me the same thing 30 years ago...

Not lah,I think it is not bad. I guess you r a successful man and your kids look up to you as a role model. For me,I empathize with them cos I belong to their social class. In this way,I think I am more sensitive to what others say. I am also bit more mindful of my words too.

The only way to get a real feel for the person is to interact with them or have a long form discussion like podcast unedited in its entirety.

Complex issues and differing viewpoints are often exploited as soundbites to grab attention. Can see how much is missing from these kids conversation.

• Praise 1

Stereotyping, encouraged by the media.

There are high SES students in Normal stream, ITE and failing out of Poly. And similarly there are low SES students in Univ and doing very well.

Born to high SES family is a dampener to a person's drive and motivation. Many don't see the need to work hard in school or in anything at all.

Born to low SES family, a good education and stellar results are often the only way out of their family situation.

And even in lower SES families, you see pampered kids who don't have to lift a finger at home. Lots of free time to go gallivanting around, getting into trouble and mixing with bad company.

The documentary does not show this side of the story. Not PC to tell people the reason they are not doing well academically is partly because of their own fault and bad choices, and so easier to blame the system / society ??

Let's not fall into the trap of being too PC to say what is obvious, else we become like some western countries unable to address root causes of issues.

Edited by Sosaria
  • Praise 1

in any talkshow or documentary show

of course it would be "edited" to suit the agenda

unless it's LIVE [thumbsup]

Edited by Wt_know

IMO,it is a lost cause bro. How to respect every human? We link income with jobs. Tell me,if someone tells u he is a school teacher and another is a top lawyer, straightaway u will quickly form an opinion of that person already. For example,compared to the nation building years,teachers were well respected but nowadays they are not only looked down upon by parents but by students too. I have personally heard a conversation between a parent and her son. If u dun study hard huh,u will end up like your poor teacher. Can only afford a Altis after all these years in teaching.

Hehe the parents so blunt and talk without thinking

about the feelings of the teacher.

They want their children to have many qualifications

to have high paying jobs but not interested in their

children being well educated.

:D

↡ Advertisement